Edit Exercise Duration if Forgot to Manually End

I often use my FitBit Charge HR to track my workouts in real-time, rather than entering them manually. However, while it is easy to remember to start the timer I often forget to stop it when I complete my workout. Later, then I sync my FitBit Charge HR with my dashboard, a workout that was actually an hour registers as 2 hours or more, depending on when I remembered to stop it. Unfortunately, I am not able to edit the length of the workout so that it is actually reflected in my dashboard. I can erase the workout and enter it manually but then I lose all the heart rate data. Two suggestions for the dashboard:

1) Allow edits to the length of workouts that are tracked real-time by the FitBit and synced with the dashboard.

2) When workouts are entered manually, pull in the corresponding heart rate data for the period of the workout.

Thanks!

60 Comments
JKAZ
Jogger
I would like to be able to edit logged exercise activities in my new Charge 4. The guide for the Charge 4 days to use the "pencil icon" to edit exercise activities but I see no such icon in the Fitbit App.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JKAZ, we wanted to let you know that the idea you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see here similar existing suggestions:

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Jazzeux
Jogger
Have the ability to shorten your exercise on the app in case you forget to stop the exercise on your watch. That way, you could keep all the valuable data.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jazzeux, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see edit an activity when you forget to end it. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released" for iOS devices. You can learn more about it here. If you're using an Android device, you can add your vote here: Ability To Edit Exercise Start and End time for Android Users. I hope to see you around.

Emcglawn
First Steps
As of a month or two ago, the Fitbit app stopped letting me add distance to biking and running where I don't use a GPS. It also stopped letting me edit the time doing an activity, which sucks because I forget to start the clock sometimes.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Emcglawn, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to edit exercise duration if forgot to manually end it. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released".I hope to see you around.

DaoyinEF
Jogger
If I record exercise by selecting, starting and stopping it on my Fitbit, I cannot then edit the record. I would like to be able to edit these records, especially the start and stop times, as I can for ones logged on the app or on Fitbit.com
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DaoyinEF, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to edit exercise duration. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released".I hope to see you around.

Lisbet1388
Jogger
Allow us to edit the end time of a workout in case we forget to end the exercise.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lisbet1388, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see edit exercise duration if forgot to manually end an activity. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released" for iOS devices. We have started a new feature suggestion for Android users only here. Thanks for your continued patience. I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.