Edit Exercise Duration if Forgot to Manually End

I often use my FitBit Charge HR to track my workouts in real-time, rather than entering them manually. However, while it is easy to remember to start the timer I often forget to stop it when I complete my workout. Later, then I sync my FitBit Charge HR with my dashboard, a workout that was actually an hour registers as 2 hours or more, depending on when I remembered to stop it. Unfortunately, I am not able to edit the length of the workout so that it is actually reflected in my dashboard. I can erase the workout and enter it manually but then I lose all the heart rate data. Two suggestions for the dashboard:

1) Allow edits to the length of workouts that are tracked real-time by the FitBit and synced with the dashboard.

2) When workouts are entered manually, pull in the corresponding heart rate data for the period of the workout.

Thanks!

60 Comments
hlgbccheer
Recovery Runner

Yes, yes, yes! I want to be able to edit workout info too because I often forget to stop it too.

mamma_ooh
Jogger

YES!!! I have been searching on how to do this only to find it is a feature request. Come on Fitbit allow us to fix our workouts.

bass452
Walker

I like this suggestion!

Teamwoopwoop
Jogger
Yes!!! I also would like this as I forget to stop it at times.
keldastar
Jogger
Yes sometimes I forget to start/stop and the calories burned are not correct when manually entering the time.
Aurelem
Recovery Runner
Yes, I vote for the ability to edit workouts, too. I have my Fitbit linked to MyFitnessPal. I also have MapMyFitness linked to MFP. I used MMF before getting a Fitbit, but switched for the all day tracking from my device. MMF has the ability to edit workouts.
Jay74
First Steps
I def vote yes for this. Also it would be great if you added a notes section or allow to edit the type of exercise. Currently we only get the pre-selected types of exercise.
sammiejune29
First Steps

I have this problem all the time and it is super frustrating. Almost makes tracking the workout by starting a work out useless. I would also add that when categorizing a workout as biking, you should be able to manually enter the miles ridden.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
HeydyF
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello there! I really like your idea because that happens to me as well. Sometimes I forget to stop the "activity mode" on the tracker and because the activity can't be edited, I get different results, and I'm pretty sure that some other users go through the same. I would definitely vote for your idea! 

Thanks for sharing it! 

annchristin86
Recovery Runner

After a walk today where I accedentily pushed the pause button I would like a feature where I can edit the map of where I have walked afterwards. Or make it possible to add a map to manual exercises. The TCX file has saved my whole walk according to runkeeper, but only the active part is shown on runkeeper.

RCL53
Jogger

I sometimes forget to press the button a second time to end an exercise if I get distracted at the end of a walk or hike.  I would love the ability to edit the end time of an exercise to acccurately reflect when the exercise ended in these cases.  

RunningAround
First Steps

Sometimes I manually record an activity and forget to tell my Charge 2 when I have stopped. I'd like to be able to edit the end time after the fact.

Tavarishch
Jogger

I would also love to have this function

Zizza
First Steps

I agree. I keep forgetting to press finish especially after a cycle ride and as I've recently started commuting by bike I like to see if I've improved (got faster, what my heart rate was) - so gestating when I realise several hours later. Would love to be able to amend the end time!

CrystalFit
Jogger

Me to. Sometimes, I forget to stop tracking my lunch walk when I get back to my desk. It can be an hour later or more before I notice. The workaround workouts (deleting and manually reentering the workout) doesn't work for walks.  You lose all stats when you do that for walks

Jessypants
Jogger

I'd also like to add my vote to this feature suggestion.

My Charge HR does not reliably auto-detect workouts, so I have to manually start and stop them. However, being human and therefore prone to err, sometimes I forgot to do one or the other. In order to accurately track my activity, I really need to be able to go in and change the start or end time of my workout. Deleting and manually re-entering a workout really isn't an acceptable solution.

jameses1986
Powerwalker

Please add this feature.  I rely on my fitbit charge 2 to track my workouts etc. Accuracy is important to me and I occasionally forget to end my workout.  Thanks!

Samuel.Ganczak
Recovery Runner

How about just the ability to edit your GPS tracked run. I live in the mountains and sometimes the service cuts out on my phone/Fitbit and gives me weird maps. Or maybe the ability to create a map that the GPS tracker follows as you run or whatever other activity you're completing.

thecatbywas
First Steps

I'm kinda floored this ISN'T an option. Surely there are loads of other people who simply forget to end the tracking. Is the logic of why this feature was removed/doesn't exist expressed anywhere? And what do we need to do to get it added asap? 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please make this an option.  This is the same thread as being able to edit your activity since 2014 and nothing has been done.  Human make errors, need to be able to correct them.  My fit bit recorded my bike ride.  I stopped the activity, but i guess I really didn't because it continued to record my bikeride when I was in the car.  Fit bit should have known I was not biking 70 mph.  Please add this feature.

RJruns
First Steps

I have seen this in many different posts, often under other main ideas or as a side note. Alot of people would like this feature. Please turn it on!

JLD1124
First Steps

Hey Fitbit... it's crazy that so many people want to be able to edit the stop time of an activity because we forget to turn it off, and you aren't interested in providing what we need. We did buy your product to help us keep track of our activities so something in return would be a nice thing to do. So, please add the ability to shorten the time of an activity when we forget to manually turn it off. Thanks of supporting us, like we did you. 

Audidit
Jogger

I frequently forget to turn off my fitbit exercise and would love to be able to edit my times!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello everyone! This is a great suggestion about having the ability to edit those real time exercises that we forget to stop. Keen to hear more opinions from users.

Regarding the heart rate data for the period of the workout when added manually; I found this suggestion which is asking for the same. Please vote for this idea and support it as it is nor showing as "Under Consideration":

Thanks for your participation on the Feature Suggestions Board.

annchristin86
Recovery Runner

Manually editing them would be great. I often use hike instead of snowshoeing so I can see where I have walked.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.