Allow us to re-categorize exercises on new Fitbit app

I used to be able to rename my workouts, but the new update no longer allows this on the android app or on the website dashboard. Please fix this.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
169 Comments
Buggledee
First Steps
In the newly updated format of fitbit (Sept 2023). There is no longer an option to edit a logged workout. For those of us that swim, it does not count laps with a kickboard since there is no arm movement, or for those of us that forget to hit stop after a workout, it messes up distance, speed etc. There used to be an edit option to address this.
Buggledee
First Steps

Also there is no option to delete a logged workout in this new update.

Buggledee
First Steps

Update: I found the edit option once I opened the weekly workout section. 

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

@Buggledee Feels like a bug, then. You should be able to edit it no matter how you get there. 

Vallerian
Base Runner

I just opened my app and there is a new version. Old one gone. I hate the new version. Nothing is where I want it and it is hard to edit. I have made a few changes but for example I like to have my hourly activity close to the top but not the feature. I can't make that happen.

LoveSports
Recovery Runner

Buggledee-

Please share how you were able to edit exercises from the weekly workout section. I don't see it.

Pealion
Recovery Runner
App update: I have lost the ability to edit a previous exercise entry.
I use this feature a LOT to remove steps from driving. So get into the car, start a "Walk" via my Inspire 3 shortcut menu. End the "walk" when I stop driving. Then go into the app and edit the activity type from "Walk" to "Driving".
I can now no longer amend the activity type.
Pealion
Recovery Runner

Until the new app update rolled out I had found (with ZERO help from Fitbit who were utterly useless) a relatively quick workaround for this. 

While driving I would log a walk using my Inspire 3 (left swipe on device to "Exercise" and then start a walk)

Once finished driving I would end the "walk" via the device. 

Then I could open the app, go into the exercise log, select the entry, edit it and change the activity type from "Walk" to "Driving" and hey presto the steps would be removed. 

Now with the new app update this is no longer possible and I can't edit the activity field. I'd only worked out this workaround a couple of weeks ago and it was such a relief. Now it's gone. 

I mean the new app update is awful in many ways, but the fact it doesn't even allow basic functions that the previous version did is just adding insult to injury at this point!

Pealion
Recovery Runner

This is what I see in the app now. The activity field is totally "dead" and nothing happens when I click on it. Other fields below can still be edited. Screenshot.png

Pealion
Recovery Runner

The activity field is no longer editable. It's totally "dead", and nothing happens if you click in that field. 

The fields below it can be edited. 

I hope this is not deliberate and is a bug, as it's a bit step backwards. 

Screenshot.png

Pealion
Recovery Runner

This is super annoying. I used to use this is a quick way to remove steps (many many steps) that my Fitbit picks up when I'm driving. I'd only found out I could do this a few weeks ago (Fitbit no help - the customer service team don't actually seem to know how their own software functions) and now it's gone. Ridiculous. 

Screenshot.png

Hiker742
Recovery Runner

Agree. I use a rower daily and edit the workout to rowing machine to distinguish from other workouts. Now, no can do. Also can't edit time of exercises.

Anyone have any experience or comments on Samsung watch and ecosystem?

thisnewappblows
First Steps

This new app is terrible. It no longer shows your step streak. Using the other features like cycle tracking was difficult in the old app. Now it’s impossible. I can’t even understand why they changed it. I can’t figure out how to get what I need. I thought with google buying them, things would improve. But it’s just got steadily worse. This is the last Fitbit product I buy. I’ll switch to Apple. 

ShivanDragon
Stepping Up

I agree. The app seems to always say my elliptical exercise is running. I would then go in and change from running to elliptical. You can no longer edit the activity type. Can I have the old app back?

LoveSports
Recovery Runner

Exactly! I used to edit my activity as Fitbit did not recognize tennis automatically. Now that field appears to be editable but it is not. I was on a chat last night with Fitbit support and they were absolutely no help. In fact they were idiots. Their ultimate answer was that this version is what the "developers" gave them! Spare me. He then said the best support would come from the Fitbit community. The community is great about pointing out issues. Fitbit is horrible about addressing them.

Seriously considering dropping Fitbit and moving to another product.

Buggledee
First Steps

The support team recommended that I find my answer or suggest a solution here as well. I am not sure if it will help you, but I found a work around to edit my workouts. I clicked into the area where it shows your workouts for the week (bar type graph with the days) and was able to edit my workout there. I hope that helps you! Good luck!
( ’m so sorry! I was ready to give up on the product as well, until I found this fix… )

jhardt13
First Steps

Similar to other comments, Fitbit on my Pixel Watch always thinks I'm biking when I'm mowing the lawn. I previously could edit the activity, and now cannot. Please allow activity to be edited once again. 

Buggledee
First Steps

I tried to screenshot the steps:

click on the exercise days

then choose an exercise session

then click the three small dots in upper right corner to edit that session. I hope it helps!

IMG_6357.jpeg

IMG_6358.jpeg

IMG_6359.jpeg

Pealion
Recovery Runner

Buggledee - I can't for the life of me work out how you get to the screen in your second screenshot. Care to help a woman out?

If I click on "Exercise Days" I get this screen... looks different to the one in your second screenshot? 

Screenshot2.png

Buggledee
First Steps

Yes, your screen looks different from mine. Are you able to touch the bolded “5 out of 5”, or the green colored bars? That is what I touched, which then opened up the screen I showed. I’m sorry, I have no idea why our screens would look so different especially since I have no idea how to change anything with this new app! It’s very odd! 

Pealion
Recovery Runner

No - I can't click anything in that part of the screen, none of it is interactive. 

Strange that the screen looks so different. Are you Android or Apple (not that I'd expect the app to look THAT different between platforms)? 

How strange?

Pealion
Recovery Runner

Well I have managed to get the old version of the app back, so that's solved the issue (for now).

Pealion
Recovery Runner

Well I've managed to get the previous version of the app back now anyway, thank goodness. So that solves the issue (for the time being at least).

Thanks for your help!

Buggledee
First Steps

Oh please tell me how you got the old version back!!! I asked support and they said we couldn’t! Please share the secret! 😂 I am sorry I wasn’t able to help but so happy for you to have the old one back!

Hiker742
Recovery Runner

Peallon

Can you share how you did that?

Thanks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.