Ensure alarm wakes you up, eg. continuous snooze, alarm restarts if detects sleep

I set my silent alarm last night for 7:00am this morning so I could wake up without disturbing my partner and so I would be in good time to collect my partners son from his night shift at 7:30am. At 7:25am my partner woke me and said weren't you suppose to be getting up at 7:00am? It then became clear that the silent alarm had only vibrated for about 5-10 seconds then stopped? What is completely stupid is it pops up with a screen that says you can 1. Dismiss or 2. Snooze. However if the first alarm has failed to wake you up then how on earth are you suppose to hit the snooze? I'm sure this has been mentioned and I've seen something about setting multiple alarms but that is ridiculous. What is clearly required is to have both a longer initial first vibrating period, followed by an automatic snooze which continues until the wear wakes up. I bought my fitbit surge thinking that that is how it would work....... anything less than that is nonsenisal and a good reason to return it for a refund. Please tell me you will sort this out and when!!! There must be several users calling out for this change which I understand was incoporated into earlier models. Clearly it would be even better if the user could choose the option they require but the default should of course be - repeating snooze until user wakes.

Moderator edit: labels 

32 Comments
Crazee_jamie
Jogger
I set several alarms at 5 min intervals and that works fine for me - maybe give it a try. Its not that riddiculous!
Quinman
Stepping Up
Yes it is because it does the same thing the next day and you have to delete them all manually. If you wake after the first one all the others still go off until you manually delete them. It's ridiculous full stop. The Charge doesn't do this so it must be an oversight on the Surge.
Radeke
Jogger

Agreed, the snooze makes no sense if you do not wake up for the first alarm. If am constantly on a changing schedule, I do not want to make 3 alarms everytime to make just one alarm. This should be a easy to program to have a small interval after the inital alarm until the alarm is manually stopped.

PavelPolyakov
Jogger

It was not a good experience, when I found out that I was not awaken from the first Surge try, and there was no second one.

I think Surge software has a big room to progress, It's very strange that good hardware and design has so poor and unlogic software, which is updated with a loose frequency.

windkew
Keeping Pace

Agreed I can too easily turn off the alarm by quickly taping the side button on my charger HR. I would much rather have the option to use that as a snooze button and then have to go into the app to turn off the alarm. Although this rases the question what if your phone is dead and cant get into the app.. (Any suggestions??). 

-Kyle

sambatrader
Jogger

My Fitbit ChargeHR would continue to snooze automatically until it detected me up and walking.  Please add this feature to the Alta.  Mine will snooze 1x and after that, whether I got up or fell back asleep, it won't go off again.  This makes for a pretty unreliable alarm. I have slept through a couple things because I didn't understand that this would behave differently from the ChargeHR.  Without this feature the Alta alarm is pretty useless and one must use a backup alarm.

thekman05
First Steps

This featue is a must add! I too have slept through my alarm after expecting it to buzz again after the first snooze. Would be a great addition to a great device.

Cksawyer
Base Runner

I believe that the most effective and useful set up would be for:

1. the Alarm to continue until dismissed or snoozed or at least be set for a lot longer than 15 seconds. 

2. For the snooze to be a deliberate rather than automatic function with no limits to number of snoozes

three_thoughts
Recovery Runner

Agree with this.

Maybe pressing the button would snooze for 5 minutes (or a time of your choice) and long pressing would switch off the alarm.

Cksawyer
Base Runner

No. Single press dismisses. No way to make it snooze except do nothing. Then snoozes only once

Kim Sawyer

Everyone we touch walks away wealthier.

Moderator edit: personal info removed.

danerich
First Steps

I think it would work best if you dismiss the alarm with the button and snooze by double tapping the screen.

There needs to be a way to manually do both. I don't know of an alarm where you can't hit snooze? 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcoGFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea and I'm pretty sure many people will find it very helpful and it would be an awesome addition to the existing alarms. Thank you for sharing your opinion. 

SaraBrusa
First Steps

I love my fitbit charge 2, although the charge fitbit I had previously had linger silent alarms that you can snooze and they continue till you wake up. In the charge 2 it rings twice and for a few seconds and that's it and me and my partner can't effectively wake up from it. This was my favorite feature it's a sad that it's gone please restore it I'm sure a lot of people would be grateful. 

Manav123
Base Runner

Alarm vibration should continue until stopped/you've woken up.

Once I woke up 1 and 1/2 hour late!!!

MarlenS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Quinman and commenters, thanks for your suggestion.

We're always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Although it has been a very popular product for us, we will soon stop selling Fitbit Surge. If you're looking for a new device, we recommend considering Ionic. Ionic is a motivating timepiece packed with fitness guidance, health insights, music storage, apps, and more. You can learn more about Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionicor compare the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Please note that we’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals.

I think your suggestion is a good one, so I took the liberty of changing the label and title so that it is applicable to future products and exercise developments.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us.

Yubov
First Steps

The alarm lasts only 15 secs and it repeats 2 (or 3?) times after 9 minutes. I hope it have continuous alarm until i wake up and turn it off! I use fitbit Blaze

Thank you so much.

Smithdu17
First Steps

I just upgraded to an Ionic from a Charge HR I wish you could customize the alarm length and vibration intensity and/or pattern. It’s not near as good as the Charge HR alarm. I slept past 2 alarms this morning and the silent alarm is one of the big reasons I use Fitbit. 

Sad to see this hasn't changed in 2 years with the new Charge 2.

@Quinman wrote:

I set my silent alarm last night for 7:00am this morning so I could wake up without disturbing my partner and so I would be in good time to collect my partners son from his night shift at 7:30am. At 7:25am my partner woke me and said weren't you suppose to be getting up at 7:00am? It then became clear that the silent alarm had only vibrated for about 5-10 seconds then stopped? What is completely stupid is it pops up with a screen that says you can 1. Dismiss or 2. Snooze. However if the first alarm has failed to wake you up then how on earth are you suppose to hit the snooze? I'm sure this has been mentioned and I've seen something about setting multiple alarms but that is ridiculous. What is clearly required is to have both a longer initial first vibrating period, followed by an automatic snooze which continues until the wear wakes up. I bought my fitbit surge thinking that that is how it would work....... anything less than that is nonsenisal and a good reason to return it for a refund. Please tell me you will sort this out and when!!! There must be several users calling out for this change which I understand was incoporated into earlier models. Clearly it would be even better if the user could choose the option they require but the default should of course be - repeating snooze until user wakes.

@Quinman wrote:

Manav123
Base Runner
True
baqtee
First Steps

As someone that is constantly pressing the snooze button when they're half asleep and suffering the consequences later, I would really appreciate an option where Fitbit detects when, soon after our alarm, we have fallen back asleep. Essentially jolting me back awake and refusing to let my lazy butt justify why I deserve a sleep in, when I really don't.

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

In addition,  I would also appreciate the ability to disable the snooze option all together. 

Bonnie3
First Steps

I bought the charge 3 for the clock and alarm features. For medical reasons I set several alarms throughout the day. I am awake! So there is no need for the never ending snooze to continue for  over an  hour. I would like to be able to set the number of snoozes (or none) for my personal use. I am probably going to return my watch for this reason, very disappointed.

archeetos
First Steps

I'd like to be able to set an alarm on my versa that will vibrate the watch every 5 minutes from x time until fitbit has detected that I am up and walking.

Good for getting me out of bed. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @archeetos, nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Feel free to keep adding your comments here!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.