Export Resting Heart Rate data

Hi,

I've just tried your export functions but none of them provide me with a timeseries on the resting heart rate data that we see on the dashboard.  Please can you add this as a feature of your csv, or xml downloads.  My resting heart rate fluctuates on a monthly basis and i would like to graph if this is at specific times during the month. I dont really want to use 3rd party apps.

Thanks

19 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Anita_V! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about having the option to export the resting heart rate data.

peterhiller
First Steps

it would be great, I would appreciate very much to be able to export sleep data, especially resting heart rate data, to compare it over time and to evaluate the ups and downs. Thk & greez 

Anita_V
Recovery Runner
Thanks for supporting!

Sent from my iPhone
carneyboy64
First Steps

yes would be a good function

Anita_V
Recovery Runner
Great! I want to compare to export and compare with other things like exercise and when I'm stressed at work!

Sent from my iPhone
HarryGoo
First Steps

Yes, I would also like to graph this data and do not want to use 3rd party apps, so the functionality to export would be great.

FreddieMac
First Steps

Fully support you in this Anita.  Like you, I notice my resting heart rates fluctuates over time.  For me it has specific health implications in that there appears to be a correlation between my raised resting heart rate and a 'Gilberts syndrome' episode.  Having data for more than a month helps me manage the condition.  I currently have to manually transfer daily data into excel.  Looked at the json files from Fitbit but data far too complex for me to extract the appropriate data 

jvhalestrap
Recovery Runner

It would be really useful if you could see (on the Mac Client) a 3 - 6- 12 month resting heart rate graph 

Or to be able to export all resting heart rate data

raptorsan4375
Base Runner

You know you used to be able to do this.  Sometimes I wonder who's in charge at these companies.  I've been using Weight Watchers and Fitbit for years and I see them do things that are just retarded.  You can expand you HR with the app, on your little phone but, you can't on the PC?  Years ago you could .  Why would you stop that?  

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jvhalestrap! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

FreddieMac
First Steps

New resting heart rate display for extended time periods is great - can see over months or year.  Is there any way that can be made a rolling date from current, rather than fixed from Jan 01?  Full year display will only work on Dec31st of each year

KPMark
Jogger

Please add this! I use my FitBit to monitor my resting heart rate more than any other function. This is the feature most indicative of overall health and it would be great to be able to download the information to provide to health care professionals.

AllyPD9363
First Steps
My resting heart rate is climbing for unknown reasons -- I workout two hours a day, so it should be declining. I have an appointment with my doctor to discuss, and I would love to use the data that I know exists (and can see a month's worth on the dashboard), but it is not one of the metrics that cannot be exported.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AllyPD9363, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to export Resting Heart Rate data. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

umike
First Steps
Add "Restful Heart Beat" to historical data export
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @umike, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to export historical Resting Heart Rate data. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Jpflug64
Jogger

Resting HR, yes, I'd love to see that.  But as  premium subscriber, I'd like to be able to expport all the premium data. My current data quest is for the data on my restorative sleep.  I'd like to know what percentage of nights my HR is above baseline, and what percentage of my sleep time total is my HR above baseline.  This is important to me in trying to investigate potential autonomic dysfunction, and the ability to share this sort of data with my doctor is key.

NelsonPRascal
First Steps

I'd like to be able to export resting HR data as well

NelsonPRascal
First Steps

Also see last years resting HR data graph on phone - it disappeared on 1 January

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.