Exporting Workouts/Activity History

We have a wellness program at work. We have to turn in details about workouts for wellness points and end of program payout. A feature to add to exporting would be my workouts/activity history, this information is needed to show as proof I really did the exercise. Right now I'm taking screenshots, but an easier export of this information would be extremely helpful.

Moderator Edit: Labels

22 Comments
DaveMC
Recovery Runner

Yeah I would like to request this - at the moment I am manually exporting all my workouts, avg/max heart-rates, calories burned, date etc - am actually amazed that this option is not available...unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible Smiley LOL

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there! Actually this is a very helpful idea to have the ability to export exercise data for a better user experience.

Thanks for participating in the suggestion board.

michelle414
First Steps

Yes, please! We also have a wellness program at work and this would be super helpful. We need to show we did 150 minutes of exercise each week, so being able to have those workouts exported with how long it took place would make life so much simpler. I'd also like to see it in the Log (currently it just has steps, distance, floors and calories burned). Basically you can only see the number of minutes in the Activity History. Number of minutes is a really important metric.

jcamby
First Steps

I agree!  I would like to print off a history report of my workouts.

EricJRW
Distance Runner

Hopefully we will be able to filter on activity type.

Also, in the Activity History, I would also like to see distances, especially for export!

Voted!

ECDH
First Steps

I would love to be able to export my data and compare how much exercise (Calories burned) for each sport I do.  For example i would like to know if i get more exercise playing ultimate frisbee or field hockey.

rtbrown560
Recovery Runner

I would love to see this feature, having just the total for each day makes tracking a workout each day seem less meaningful. 
I think that even filtering the export to a specific type of exercise tracking would be awesome, too. i.e. I could go to Export Data > Workouts > Biking and then export all my bike rides for the month. That would be so awesome!
I might also add that I am looking for more than just the mapping export (I understand that is available on each workout), I would like distance, heart rate, etc. to be available.
Seems that Garmin and other trackers have this simple feature implemented, I would hope that this would show up in the fitbit dashboard soon as we are coming up on 1.5 years since this request was suggested...

benkaiser
First Steps

Looks like the last post was 6mo ago.

Any plans on adding this functionality? or should I just move my activity tracking to another platform?

Also, why only export 31 days of data!? Looks like the data export functionality needs some work.

ECDH
First Steps
I couldn’t agree more. I want to be able to export, graph and manipulate ALL the data that is being stored somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone
nmanley
First Steps

More than a year later and this basic functionality is still not possible.

This post was viewed by a moderator, but I guess it goes no farther than that?

Even if Fitbit simply isn't going to do this, it would be nice to know.

DiltoCommunity
First Steps

This is an important Feature Suggestion. We should have full access to all raw data that is collected by the Fitbit Device.

Could Fitbit please respond...

I have 2 years of running data logged with Fitbit, I would simply like an export of this data so I can manipulate in Excel.

Typical report would include Date, Time, Activity type (Run in this case), Steps, Distance, Duration and Calories etc.

If I use the Activity History it only loads 10 logs at a time. I have spent hours loading a years worth then cutting and pasting from screen into Excel. Reformatting alone was a challenge.

If I use the Export Data feature (in Settings) I don't get the Activity fields I need like Run activity only with Duration. Custom option should be to set any data range not limit to 31 days.

I've been praising Fitbit to friends and family until I realized the reporting restrictions. If not sorted soon I will have switch to another brand.

Jbrow247
First Steps

Exporting activity data such as distance, time, pace, heart rate would make it easier to track progress.  This should be a standard feature of any device that measures activity performance. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This is long overdue. I started building my spreadsheet today and I'm annoyed at all the manual data I need to type. The xls file is quite poor too as the numbers are formatted as text, so I need to build a macro to do "text to columns" and reorganise the data into a tabular format. 

cjohnson481
Jogger

Has Fitbit reviewed this idea yet? Would like to be able to export my activities done, so that I can use in my own data workbooks.

ECDH
First Steps
No there has been absolutely no action on this suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone
dan00
First Steps

Anything new here?

I do really not understand why they don't want to share this information with us. What's the point? Surely it's not difficult from a data export point of view. It certainly doesn't make us loyal customers!

benkaiser
First Steps
I have found that runkeeper does enough of these analytics for me: not
everything I want but enough. And it syncs your fitbit data too, if you
still use it.
dan00
First Steps

Thanks for the suggestion, I have just installed it but there is no way to import historic data, is it? I have a year worth of data I don't want to lose

HarryGoo
First Steps

Hi, I am a new Fitbit member and I am really disappointed that I do not have the functionality to export data on my workouts. My workouts are varied. I would like to be able to filter by workout type to compare same/similar workouts and track progression over time. Workout specific data is needed and this data needs to be separated from daily totals data.

Thanks.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Existing "Activity History" which allows user to see that they took "Steps" and rode their "Bike" shows on dashboard but can not be downloaded. 

A user on the forum suggested copy and pasting the table data to Excel which produces a table which is a hot mess (some single rows, some double rows, etc.).

Fitbit promotes their devices to be usable for multiple sports--even saw a promo shot with "Kayak" (which is great).  However, if you can't download the data to Excel it is next to worthless for me.

I work hard to stay active, and do lots of different "activities" (sports) besides just steps.  Why can't I get a report, worthy of the efforts I make to be fit?  I'd be willing to pay for a master raw dump file which gives me data on ALL the sports I do in one day, in one spreadsheet--not just "Steps."  Don't need to see a million heart rate data points (don't need that much granularity).

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having the option to export Activity History sports, with us! I've moved it into a similar suggestion. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

This information is currently available for export in the complete Account Archive export which is in JSON format (see our help article here).

If you would like this information presented differently, or in a different format, please vote on:

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.