Favorite food tab on Fitbit app

Can we have a "Favorites" tab for food? The last few months I've been eating the same things, it's frustrating when the recent foods aren't there anymore and then I have to go search for it. ie) Grapefruit

I would be happy if "Frequent" was replaced with "Favorites" (Possibly organized by meal type or time of day) and "Recent" & "Custom" tabs remained. Find this in alphabetical order.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

62 Comments
dpugeau
Stepping Up

I was able to find the Favorites feature on the Web App (I never use the web app, I went there because someone mentioned the Favorites feature was already there.  Please provide a way to update that list from the cell phone app.  A "Copy to Favorites" option after searching and finding it.

dpugeau
Stepping Up

And how about a way to edit a previous post.  I'd like to close the parentheses on my last comment, LOL.

smmartin10300
First Steps

It would be super helpful to have a "favorites" list instead of just recent or frequent (or give us a longer frequent list). 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @smmartin10300, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about having a favorite food tab. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

dpugeau
Stepping Up

@smmartin10300 If you read all the comments it was mentioned that if you go to the fitbit.com website and navigate to https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log you can tag foods as favorites.  Once selected, they are alphabetized in a table on the right side of the page where you can select and add them to your day.  Once you have selected even 1 favorite you will now see a favorites tab on the phone app to the right of the custom tab.  The only downside is you can't add to it from the phone app, you have to go to the web.

I would like to suggest a feature to be able to manage (select/edit/delete) favorites direct from the phone app and not have to go to the web app.

Nicolacarmen
First Steps
I did as you said on the web. But when I went back to my phone, there was still no favorites tab to the right of the custom tab. ???
dpugeau
Stepping Up
I cant speak to why it worked on my phone and not yours, sorry.  I have a new tab labeled "My Foods" to the right of "Custom" on my phone now.------------------------------------------Don PugeauSent via my Samsung Galaxy S9+
Nicolacarmen
First Steps
What I would actually like is a “copy day” or “duplicate day” function so I can just click once instead of clicking on everything I ate.
greg_duval
Jogger

I NEED THIS TOO. Frequent, Recent, and Custom are not enough. I’m a meal preparer. And while my meals most stay the same day after day, week after week. My ingredients in those meals are sometimes changed. They should also add to be able to add ingredients all together into a categorized custom meal. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I've started to use the section for register the food, about a month ago. 

It is nice but I thought that it would be nicer having a section where you can save your favorite food (I'm not referring about the section of customized food), as after a while the food you registered couple days before, it's no longer available and you have to rewrite it! 

Thanks. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a favorite food section on the Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

MrsBakesalot
First Steps
When tracking calories it would be ideal if we could add certain ingredients to a favourites list.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MrsBakesalot, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a favorite food option on the Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Please let us be able to alphabetize our Favorites and Most Logged food lists on phone and web.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see your favorite food in alphabetical order. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Rwalmer
First Steps

Hi! I've been thinking this for a while- We should have a "favorite" button on all the foods. Whether a star or a heart that changes color when you press it- by the name and brand of the food- there is plenty of room. 

dpugeau
Stepping Up
Absolutely!------------------------------------------Don Pugeau407-491-7707Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S9+
Ann4904
Jogger

I agree with above comment on Favorites, I have the iPhone and cannot do not see foods I mark as favorite on the computer Dashboard.  Having Favorites on mobile would be much more useful than the Recent or Frequent tab.  I would also like to be able to mark a food as favorite on the mobile app.  The favorites, Recent, Custom and frequent should also be listed in alphabetical order, too hard to find the food you are looking for.  

one additional recommendation is to be able to copy a meal to the next day or day after without going through having to set up a custom meal.  Sometimes when there are leftovers it would make tracking really easy

so far I am loosing weight at a good pace when I track food and follow the recommended calorie intake but it is more time consuming to enter food than other apps and I often don't do it because it takes so long.  A few minor changes would make it much easier.  

tsizzle7
First Steps
Please please please make a saved food tab or favorite foods tab which can be used when logging food from the fitbit app. It's too time consuming to keep searching for the foods. Recent and frequent are good, but a saved or favorite is very much needed. This would make logging food so much easier and less time consuming!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @tsizzle7. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a favorite food tab with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MichaelJO
Base Runner
Please provide a feature to allow me to mark a food as a Favorite from within the Android Fitbit app as you do now on the website.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MichaelJO, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a Favorite Food Tab. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Vedette
Jogger

Hi,

Just a quick question, is there anywhere in the app that I can input a recipe?  The are meals that I don't have the "nutrition label", but I have the measurements. This will allow me to make sure my macronutrients/calories are on track with my food plan.

Thanks

Marceila
First Steps
When entering food. We scan an item. There should be a "add favorites" option. So that you don't have to keep Adding/entering the food in custom. Saves on time. Also much easier to use.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Marceila, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding a Favorite tab on the Fitbit app when logging your food with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.