Favorite section for recently used Clock Faces

It would be helpful when the settings for a clock face will be remembered even after installing a different clock face. That way, you could occasionally swap the clock face and go back and forward without having to customize it every time. These settings shouldn't have to use too much storage and could be stored on the phone of the user, so that they'll get loaded in as defaults whenever a clock face is installed again after some time.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity.

364 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
That’s what happened to Pebble when they were acquired by Fitbit.
Bcinderella
First Steps

I keep switching up my clock face on my Fitbit versa and can't find the ones I used before. I suggest Fitbit adding a feature to favorite or save a clock face to a section on the page so you can find old faces you liked. 

Thoughts?

CivicKestrel
Recovery Runner

Great. Google buying FitBit. So forum moderators: close this thread. FitBit, you acquire Pebble, get rid of features that existed, keep "developing", and then sell to Google? Tell me, how exactly does that work?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Bcinderella, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Fzenders
Recovery Runner

I guess people have been asking fir a 'clock face favorites' section but
Fitbit had ignored it for over 2 years. Maybe if Google buys Fitbit, we'll
see a change?

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Percula
Base Runner

It desperately needs a “favourite faces” section

its horrible design that you have to remember the name of a face and search to use it again

ParallaxView
Runner

Fitbit was bought be Google, so I have no hope of this getting fixed.  I have to wonder why the Federal Trade Commission still exist because they don't appear to do anything.

Fzenders
Recovery Runner

I saw an announcement saying a software update is scheduled for the
beginning of December. It said the update would include a clock face
favorites section... we'll see!?!?

Faibs
Jogger

Here is an article about the announcement. 

Apparently coming in the next big OS update:

https://www.androidcentral.com/new-fitbit-os-update-finally-lets-you-change-your-watch-face-device?f...

snowlorelei
Jogger

this is so basic. i just want a favorite tab or just a past purchases tab. something that keps rtrack of the watch gaces i've already had. so simple. this has been suggested over 2 years ago and there is still no fix? that's worrisome. i'm not holding my breath, i guess. 

Animo78
First Steps

I thought it was already implemented.
Spend 30 minutes searching the ones I liked, to find out I ended up with the one I least liked 😞

Please add My Clocks.

Fzenders
Recovery Runner

I heard the software update is supposed to roll out next week?!?!

RobIgoUK
Strider

3rd December - you'll be able to store 5 clock faces on our watch 🙂 (that's what I read)

SaraLydia
Jogger

This would be so great to have implemented! I upgraded from an Alta to a Versa and switch watch faces on a somewhat regular basis. I don't think I ever messed with clock settings on my Alta other than initial set up so having something that would save time like a favorites section would be a great addition. In the time since I first got my Versa I have seen a large increase in the number of watch faces and when I go to look for a previously used watch face it takes around 10 minutes of searching when a favorites area could easily be used to save watch faces both that have been used as well as those you would like to use in the future so that you don't have to go searching through all of the different options to find the one other clock face and setting that you like. 

CRSTOP
Recovery Runner

I was about to post this idea. There are a lot of pretty decent watch faces that I wouldnt mind switching back to when I get bored, so it would be handy to add a Favourites list or/and a watchface history.

slimsrider
Jogger

If it's not possible to store multiple clock faces on the Versa 2, I'm fine with having "My List" of favorite clock faces accessible on my iPhone.

Just like "My List" on Netflix... it's where I store movies to watch soon, and delete afterward... and also a place to save my favorite movies that I like to watch over and over again!

Please add this feature to Versa 2.

- The diversity of clock faces is the primary reason I upgraded from a Charge3 to the Versa2.

Thanks, SlimsRider

Fzenders
Recovery Runner
I hear it's scheduled in a software update this week?!?!
Slewis90
Jogger

Please make it so we can save clock faces in a favorites spot for later. Thanks

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Slewis90Thanks for explaining why you would like to have a Favorite section in the App Gallery with us! I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can check this other suggestion here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Lana1959
Jogger

LOVE LOVE LOVE the update today allowing me to save 5 clock faces!!  Thank you!!

MissAmy72
First Steps

I am very disappointed with this app as I have purchased many clock faces and have wasted money because they are useless if I cannot retrieve without remembering each one! Very annoying and has caused me to stop all purchases.

MissAmy72
First Steps

I am very disappointed with this app as I have purchased many clock faces and have wasted money. They are useless if I cannot retrieve without remembering. each one! Very annoying and has caused me to stop all purchases.

Faibs
Jogger
Some received it already. I got the Update. The feature is there. It’s
about time. .
--

*Phil*
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Pleased to see the favourites section. Thanks to Fitbit for listening and to the community for supporting this feature.  

Lana1959
Jogger
I am cheap. Haven’t paid for one yet. Just use the free ones.

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.