Favorite section for recently used Clock Faces

It would be helpful when the settings for a clock face will be remembered even after installing a different clock face. That way, you could occasionally swap the clock face and go back and forward without having to customize it every time. These settings shouldn't have to use too much storage and could be stored on the phone of the user, so that they'll get loaded in as defaults whenever a clock face is installed again after some time.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity.

364 Comments
ShimmyD
Recovery Runner

There is an acknowledgement from a moderator on the first page....2 years ago. Obviously there is no rush to implement this feature even though we all clearly want it.

JudyNP
Jogger

Please separate the free faces from the ones with an associated charge. I purchased a watch face and it doesn't even fit the screen, the lettering is so small that it's barely legible and there is no way to contact the developer....who, by the way, has LOTS of watch faces for sale on the Fitbit app.  I dont think this is right.  FitBit should include only their free faces. We can search for others if need be.  BUYER BEWARE. 

Fzenders
Recovery Runner
There is a category listed as "free faces" which I have been using.

Florie Enders

Check out my website
spiderlakedesigns.weebly.com
ParallaxView
Runner

I wonder if they are getting sick of this thread.  The button in the email to reply to this thread wasn't working.  It would be nice if instead of messing up the interface of the app (I liked it the way it used to be displayed), if they would pay attention to this request.  This request doesn't apply to all Fitbit models though.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

All used Clock Faces must be stored in the Clock Faces > [Watch model] "My Versa 2".

The list of all used Clock Faces must be displayed in this screen. (Not only the current one).

Customers' problem: inability to select previously used Clock Face. User has to look for the "All Clocks" and look for the Clock Face used earlier and most likely the user doesn't know its name and finding the Clock Face among hundreds of them may consume unacceptable amount of time.

Please, raise the priority of this! We all like changing Clock Faces and this is a really must have feature!

Thank you.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Wnco-Mwnco
Stepping Up

yea welcome to the forum where the rest of us have been dumped.

Please direct your suggestion at that brick wall over there.

CBV2
Tempo Runner

I fully agree.  I note that in a recent review of the Versa 2 that I saw the reviewer said that this was one of the shortcomings of the watch/tracker and that it would be much improved if it had the facility to store a selection of faces.  I think three would be adequate.

Fzenders
Recovery Runner
Thanks! When I first posted, people said, "Fitbit doesn't care".
I'm beginning to think is true!

Florie Enders

Check out my website
spiderlakedesigns.weebly.com
CBV2
Tempo Runner

I don't think I need to store watch faces on the watch. A space for favourites in the iPhone app would be sufficient, like the existing spaces for "By Fitbit", "Staff Picks" etc.  Should simple to do.  Are you reading this Fitbit?

WHEN
Recovery Runner

On top of everything else, I do not think that they are interested in doing or making any changes from the last 2 year's of requests because I think their long term plan has been to sell the company. And I am guessing they will see this post somehow for a change. Watch how fast it disappears.

dannyb2100
Base Runner

Over two years later after getting my Ionic. I've given up on the Fitbit ecosystem. 

I love my Fitbit, but it lacks a lot of REALLY basic features which other brands get right! 
Favourite watch faves? Purchased apps? Inactive SP02 sensor etc. It would not be so bad if there were even feedback from Fitbit in relation to these things, but there isn't. 

I'm enjoying my Samsung Active 2, I may come back to Fitbit if they improve upon things. But I'm not holding my breath (pun intended) 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

As a previous Pebble and Apple Watch user, I took for granted the ability to swap commonly used watch faces easily. 

As for myself, I only need the phone to display favourites, or recently used faces, since locating faces I’ve used before in the infinite scroll is near impossible. 

CivicKestrel
Recovery Runner

Okay, did I miss something with the newest update or do we STILL not have a location for our favorites? Seriously FitBit?!? You have developers developing exactly what? Again, how is it possible to go backward with functions. Pebble had this functionality already!!!

WHEN
Recovery Runner

The Ionic's and Vera's are becoming less relevant everyday.

WalkingProud
First Steps

It would be great to have some free seasonal clock faces for the versa. Looking forward to seeing it from the developers.

Marco_Morin
First Steps

The amount of Clock faces developed by the community is really great, 

But come on, its also a mess so search for a previous clock face that I already used, find it and reused.

It will be a great enhancement to have a section called "Favorites" which stores all the clock faces that I select as favorite (maybe pressing a heart button like in Instagram) 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Marco_Morin, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Marco_Morin
First Steps

hi @YojanaFitbit 

thanks for moving my idea for this similar one, now I can see this idea have more than 2 years "In consideration"

this is really disappointing since the user experience must be above the other requirements...

Please put the Product Owner to work, and don't have ideas "in consideration" for more than one year, the community can see that the forum is just a joke about what is your real roadmap and not the customer's voice.

dswoff
Recovery Runner
🤣🤣🤣
MadKing101
Recovery Runner

So, Google are buying Fitbit! Woohoo. They may actually improve the interface to include this feature now! As Fitbit have been completely useless!

WHEN
Recovery Runner

I hope so. Fitbit is definitely not customer focused!

Marco_Morin
First Steps

@MadKing101 

Great news!! 😄

Jorix
Runner

@MadKing101 I wouldn't bet on it... see this article by DCRainmaker: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/11/google-acquires-fitbit-what-it-actually-means-to-wearables-and-t...

Short excerpt of that post: "At first you might think – great, that means all is well, right? Not so fast. What’s missing in this entire press release is any commitment whatsoever to maintaining the Fitbit platform or ecosystem. Bizarre as that omission might seem (since that’s what Fitbit is so well known for), it means Google is keeping all options on the table – including burning down that ecosystem to fold into other projects (which historically the company tends to do for acquisitions, they’ve acquired at last 229 companies as of today)."

I fear this is the start of the dismantling of FitbitOS and the devices it runs on (Ionic and the Versas). They most likely take out the best parts from the platform and use that to improve WearOS. And I'm also not convinced they'd release a version of WearOS running on the FitbitOS watches.

In short, don't be surprised if this is the beginning of the end of our fitbit watches. Fun while it lasted.

MadKing101
Recovery Runner

I don't mind as long as Google migrate existing users with due diligence. Google are a great company.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.