Fitbit App availability

I bought a fitbit flex in US, but I live in Brazil.<br>why is not possible to download fitbit app for iphone here in Brazil?

Moderator Edit: Updated label

3 Comments
jcthalys
Jogger

You can create a new apple id account. Informing a U.S. address, no need to add a credit card out of your current account and do login with American account. You can even use the same email example: myname+us@gmail.com that all emails will be sent to myname@gmail.com.

So you can download the app and synchronize everything perfectly. But really they should release the app in a Brazilian App Store.

Marcy
Sprinter

@RodNascimento wrote:
I bought a fitbit flex in US, but I live in Brazil. Why is not possible to download fitbit app for iphone here in Brazil?

This may be a timing issue.  Fitbit makes money from the sale of the devices but the mobile apps, provided as a value-added service, cost Fitbit.  Fitbit may be waiting for the sales in Brazil to be sufficiently large in order to make the release of a Fitbit app in that country justifiable enough to cover the cost of localization and support.  

Status changed to: Released
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for sharing your idea @RodNascimento, apologies for the late reply.

This request was implemented since last year, so hopefully you are enjoying using the Fitbit app in your location.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share them as well.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.