Fitbit Charge 3 needs more apps

Hey guys. As I’m sure all Charge 3 owners are aware we have all been completely left behind in terms of features for the charge 3. I’d like to compile a few of these suggestions into a single suggestion as Fitbit are completely ignoring the suggestions from other users. 

1) The charge 3 needs the screen timeout feature to be incorporated. Currently the screen stays on for three seconds which is absolutely useless for people in the medical field, runners and all activity related people alike. It is completely insane that the watch includes a stopwatch that we can’t monitor continuously. I am sure that many users would greatly appreciate this feature. This must be possible as it has been made available on other watches.

2) The Fitbit charge 3 simply needs more watch faces. The Versa, ionic etc all have a multitude of watch faces available from Fitbit and third party services. We simply do not have enough and the watch faces that are available to us are all very similar and fairly lacklustre for want of a better word!

3) The charge 3 needs more apps, only the apps that released with the watch are available to us even though the watch launched with an App Store.

I hope a lot of people can see this suggestion and get behind this initiative!!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

43 Comments
Jreneau
Recovery Runner

I agree with these suggestions and support the addition of these suggestions. 

RunnerSoph
First Steps

I agree! My mother can't use her fitbit because of the couple of seconds she gets to read it.
Please, implement a Screen Timeout Feature!

mx490
Recovery Runner

I agree that all these features need to be added but we will be ignored just like we have been for the past 6 months. Fitbit totally sucks. Wish I hadn’t wasted my money. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Darragh457! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Karen_A
Stepping Up

Hello,
I switch between my Versa and Charge 3 depending on what needs charging. For the past couple of weeks when I switch, the one I’m charging gets disconnected or forgotten. When that happens, I must start over EVERYTIME by setting it up as a new device.
Why is this happening? Please make it possible to use both on the same account.

Thank you in advance,

Karen

obdwlx
Jogger

Fully agree with arguments for longer screentime. My eyes are really bad and just during walking I need more than 3-4 sec. Make it possible.

SunflowerNC
Jogger

Definitely agree with the extended screen time! 

Also, I read several reviews in some tech publications before deciding on the Charge 3. One of the features that was highlighted and was a deciding factor for me was an SPO2 monitor. I was extremely disappointed to discover that not only does that not exist on the Charge 3 SE but it is nowhere on the horizon. What is going on with that?

Kartus
Jogger

Totally agree with more apps for the charge 3.

TobiasF
Strider

agree, would add (compare to my earlier Charge HR) that:

- Resting HR need to be shown on the tracker screen (as the Alta , Charge HR, and Charge2 did, no clue why this has been removed and functionality degraded)

- a working sleep tracking display on the tracker

- let the user decide what tracking metrics he want to see on the tracker screen and what not (feature was there in Charge HR and Alta HR, again removed by Fitbit and functionality degraded)

Davdey
Jogger

I need a longer display time on the Charge 3 that is USER controlled:

--to read notifications when I'm on the move or even standing in an elevator;

--to monitor breathing technique effects without having to constantly reach across my body to aggressively double-tap the screen, or quickly turn my arm which defeats the whole purpose of the breathing relaxation techniques; when I should be able to just to slowly turn my wrist.

Display-time adjustability needs user control.

What is the advantage of long battery life if it's only stored up to be hoarded.

Give us the advantage of having that watch like appeal on the Charge 3.

I'm a guy with a small bone structure and can't wear the Versa or Iconic because it looks like I'm wearing a calculator watch from the 1980's on my arm.

I chose the 3 because it fits my frame and has features which are helping me get in shape; I leave my other half dozen watches in the drawer because they aren't as casually chic as this Fitbit Charge 3 with changeable bands and because they are only that, watches, but I miss the watch functionality at glance.

A double tap to turn it on, and on until double tapped again to off, would be perfect for me; it goes on the charger when I go in the shower so rarely does it drop below a 40% charge at any rate.

Thanks for a good product; just needs a little tweaking to be great.

Davdey
Jogger

The breathing relaxation techniques are from meditation training not the Relax app...that vibrating is just...not relaxing.

tashan88
Jogger

You're totally right, but it doesn't seem as though fitbit listen to their users and if they do it takes years to implement so i wouldn't hold my breath, I'd love to see an on device swim lap or distance tracker on device rather than when i finish a swim,

music controls, better sleep analysis i.e. breathing score, phone finder etc it would really push the fitbit charge 3 clear ahead of their competitors, instead allowing cheaper devices to catch up, at this point i'm weighing up returning my charge 3 for something else

Davdey
Jogger
Sometimes you need a mouse to make an elephant move.

Just have to figure out who the mouse is. 😁
WavyDavey
10K Racer

I don't think Fitbit has left the Charge 3 behind. It's just it takes some time, and 3rd party developers need the device to be released before they can start writing apps.

When the Ionic came out, it only had a handful of apps. Same with the Versa. Both have plenty of apps now. So patience helps.
I'm voting for this to raise visibility.

Giampi71
5K Racer

@WavyDavey Unfortunately Fitbit has clearly stated that Charger 3 is not going to be supported by independent developers via Fitbit Studio.

This means that the App Store section for Charge 3 is actually useless.

WavyDavey
10K Racer

@Giampi71  that link is saying something different to me. It says that there won't be Fitbit Studio support for clock faces.

Can't apps can still be developed without studio? It seemed their were Ionic apps before Studio was released?

Who knows where Fitbit may go, but I didn't read that suggestion as invalidating this one. Even with no studio support, nothing's stopping them from releasing their own apps for the Charge 3.

I would think the small screen size would limit how apps can be developed. It may just be too limited to open to all developers. Just guessing here..

Giampi71
5K Racer

@WavyDavey You can't develop any app without Fitbit Studio  and it was never possible to develop apps before the release of Fitbit Studio.

Of course Fitbit can but it could be said the same for Blaze for example.

But your reply was aimed at 3rd party developers. It is worthy to mention that the Ionic/Versa has many clockfaces/apps because of independent developers and not because of Fitbit own apps. And even so what the App Store is missing is the presence of important names.

DD5234
First Steps

I love my charge 3 but see no 3rd party apps that can be downloaded onto my charge 3. The apps that support it is only available on the phone not the watch. I would like there to be some apps you can download on to your watch, not your phone. Thanks!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DD5234! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

F.Fletch
Recovery Runner

I'm with you on 1 and 2... Not 3... I don't need more apps on the Charge 3... I would have bought a smartwatch if I wanted that... 🙂

DawnPacer
Jogger

I liked the way my old Ultra used to display Compliments & Encouragements whenever it detected movement or at random times. Could  an optional On-Watch App that does something similar be made available. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Needs a mini game

Hauper
Recovery Runner

3) The charge 3 needs more apps, only the apps that released with the watch are available to us even though the watch launched with an App Store.

Yepp, and one I'm really missing is a simple reminder app, which could easily be a part of the Fitbit app itself. Using Silent Alarms for this purpose is plain stupid.

x95
Base Runner

@Darragh457 , I'm sure everybody would like downloadable apps for the Fitbit Charge 3.

However, I'm thinking that if Fitbit included downloadable apps for the Charge 3, there would be no more reason for a Versa of Ionic anymore; everything could be done on the Charge 3 which is much cheaper. Versa/Ionic sales would drop down considerably. This is a great suggestion, but unfortunately, it isn't likely for it to be implemented.

Karen_A
Stepping Up
I would be really happy if I could have the Charge 3 and the Versa on the same account. It seems when new versions come out, the others are doomed

Enjoy your day 😊
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.