Fitbit Charge 3 needs more apps

Hey guys. As I’m sure all Charge 3 owners are aware we have all been completely left behind in terms of features for the charge 3. I’d like to compile a few of these suggestions into a single suggestion as Fitbit are completely ignoring the suggestions from other users. 

1) The charge 3 needs the screen timeout feature to be incorporated. Currently the screen stays on for three seconds which is absolutely useless for people in the medical field, runners and all activity related people alike. It is completely insane that the watch includes a stopwatch that we can’t monitor continuously. I am sure that many users would greatly appreciate this feature. This must be possible as it has been made available on other watches.

2) The Fitbit charge 3 simply needs more watch faces. The Versa, ionic etc all have a multitude of watch faces available from Fitbit and third party services. We simply do not have enough and the watch faces that are available to us are all very similar and fairly lacklustre for want of a better word!

3) The charge 3 needs more apps, only the apps that released with the watch are available to us even though the watch launched with an App Store.

I hope a lot of people can see this suggestion and get behind this initiative!!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

43 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

People. Don't disagree with these things. So what if u don't want more apps. Other people DO! Support the idea to make them happier. having more apps isn't going to hurt u. It's only going to make others who support the idea happy. I agree with the idea of more apps such as a mini game. But once again fitbit doesn't listen. I can only wish that u people support others ideas even if it doesn't affect u/hurt u.

WildRose1010
Jogger

There are many apps that the Versa and Ionic have that would be so very useful for Charge 3 users. When we got the Charge 3, it appeared we would have the ability to install apps later. Please deliver and show us that brand loyalty is rewarded.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Darragh457 and commenters thanks for voting and supporting for this suggestions. Please add the name of the apps that you would like to see. We'll be checking with our team. Thanks a million. 

WildRose1010
Jogger

Hey @YojanaFitbit , I would also like more apps. It's hard to name which apps I want because I don't own the Versa or Iconic, so I don't have access to see which apps you already have available. I think there's a minigame or 2 available I'd love to see, I want a vitamin/medication reminder that I believe is also already available on other apps but not on the Charge 3 (which is another suggestion right now), Spotify would be great as well, an IFTTT app, something that allows us to log water (again another suggestion), and maybe a headlines feed? That last one is a reach, but that's all I can think of. Thanks!

Reuben101
Jogger

Fitbit everyone is waiting for this update (new apps)

Reuben101
Jogger

Paying so much money for this watch with so less apps isnt worth it Fitbit.

Reuben101
Jogger

I mean charge 2 has a mini game why not on the charge 3 and plus add more apps such as reminders, spotify/music and more. Everyone vote otherwise Ftibti totally wont do this. Fitbit wont add apps to Fitbit Charge 3 anyways........

Everyone is waiting Fitbit for the update that will make every Charge 3 user happy

richardLori
Jogger

How about the most basic thing you could do:  develop an app to sync the C3 to an iMac or MacBook computer.   Some of us just don't or cannot use just an iPhone for data review and storage.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi there @Darragh457 , this has already been released, check it out!!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Darragh457 and commenters. Thanks for replying back with more details about the apps that you'd like to see on the Charge 3. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Cyclist1012
First Steps

I think that the Fitbit charge 3 is wonderful, but I think that with more app options users could use more health tools such as scales and connect it to the Fitbit. My app suggestions would be Spotify, iTunes, messages( texting), and calling. Also Bluetooth capabilities. Thanks for reading.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cyclist1012! We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board.

You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Fitbit charge 3 needs more apps
Airplane mode for Charge 3

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Sutenvulf
First Steps

I'd like to suggest a Virtual Reality tracking app or some sort of VR integration with the charge 3 so it can track VR workouts, I was gifted one of these recently and put it on for the first time today, after an hour of standing in the same place I had apparently walked 6000 steps, would it be better suited around my ankle in VR or do you have any other suggestions?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Charge 3 need new stuff and the screen need a long time on it so I agree with all 

Brunsworks
Recovery Runner

I support this wholeheartedly. And would it be a separate suggestion to insist that we be able to shuffle the apps in the Fitbit dashboard? I mean, it's so obvious. I don't understand why the devs didn't think of this. My Charge 3 was a Christmas gift, and I really don't want to return it, but given how far I have to drill down to see my active minutes (my primary goal), I may have to do so while I still have time.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. I'd like to mention that our product managers have taken this feedback on for the next generation models as well. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Having so many apps on the charge 3.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more apps on Fitbit Charge 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.