Fitbit Water Bottle

I just really wanted to recommend Fitbit to make their own water bottle that tracks the amount of water a person is drinking and automatically syncs with the Fitbit app. The thermos smart lid is not a good product and the reviews online show it clearly. Hydration is a part of daily health and Fitbit would benefit all of its users in a real way by creating such a product.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity & Labels.

130 Comments
j_fok
Stepping Up

As we consume water so readily, rather than logging onto the app or signing in online, a function should be added to the Surge menu to quickly and easily log water intake. 

Moderator edit: added labels and edit tittle.

stephen_h_90
Jogger

I was thinking this. One button can be large such as a pint and the other could be half. And would be good if the user can select the volume that suits them best.  Although must admit this would be at the bottom of my list for improvements. Would be nice though

rpeck83
First Steps

Any chance in future upgrades to feature water consumption in stats display. Fitbit charge. Cheers.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

netmanchris
First Steps

Vote up this one. I hate having to reach for my phone when the watch is right on my wrist. 

Olbluys
Premium User
First Steps
While logging water consumption onto the Fitbit app is great, it it cumbersome. Better would be the ability to enter/log water consumption through ie the Surge tracker itself then communicate that to the app.
roblseaman
Jogger

I'd like to see an option to add water intake on my Surge. 

Leo34
First Steps
What I would like to see is more options to use the surge (through buttons and touchscreen) to quickly log information through my day.
As an example, if the user presses a specific side button twice, then fitbit will log 8 oz of water. With complete user customization and multiple options for which input (buttons/touchscreen) performs which output (log water, calories, etc.) would be useful.

Thank you!
Anth76
First Steps

I second that. Adding water consumption is the most common reason I use the Fitbit app on my phone. Being able to add water straight into the watch (and have a reminder to keep up with consumption) would be great.

@roblseaman wrote:

I'd like to see an option to add water intake on my Surge. 

Shutts
First Steps
Being able to quickly add your water intake via a widget button would be very convenient. Rather than going through the app.
cking22001
Recovery Runner

Or have a quick add in the app that was REALLY a quick add. Currently the Windows PC and phone app need 4 clicks. Unless I am missing something?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would love to be able to scroll sideways on my Surge to get a water and tap the screen to add 1 cup each tap to my water consumed that day for easy entry.  This way I don't have to get my phone out each time I drink water.

Status changed to: New
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@j_fok This is a great idea! I would definitely benefit from this as well.  Thanks for sharing your idea on the Feature Request Board!

dcis3
First Steps

i just got my long awaited surge for christmas, and one of my porblems has always been drinking water.

so after getting it set up right which took me a full day on total lack of rest .i got it going but spent the rest of the last 3 days banging my head againts every wall trying to figure out how to get my surge to track my water intake with out going to my phone. finally i end up here and find out , this simple feature didnt make it to the awesome rocking fitbit surge super watch.

what is wrong with that picture ?

i mean come on really?

not asking for the ablity to log the water per say, but hey let me at least peek at it pleaseeeee

i promise to be good on alternate days when i have to do push ups. yukkkkkkkk i hate those thing.

ok rant over your form is being returned to you in its orginal state . hummmmm maybe not LOL

ya out

Jdove
First Steps
It would be nice if we could enter water straight from the surge watch. Almost like the time where you can just slide the numbers to match either how many oz or ml you have consumed. Would help me log my water intake more accurately than pulling my phone out
Gorilla_Micro
First Steps
Please add water intake tracking on the Surge / Blaze. It would be nice to have this on the device itself. If you are like me you go through 2 or 3 bottles of water in one workout alone. And pulling out a phone / rembering to enter water consumption after the workout is just too tedious.
Michaels19
Tempo Runner
I have also posted something similar you should check it out.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Been trying to get them to do this forever. Make the sizes custom and a one button touch on the Blaze.
NJacques31
First Steps

I find the water tracker really useful on the app but it would be helpful to also have a quick add option on the watch.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

jusi
First Steps

A menu "tab" for logging water with a few taps on the Blaze would be fantastic. It's pretty annoying having to look for my phone whenever I finish my glass/bottle, when I have my Blaze available to me at all times.

Combine that with this idea of customizable water sizes in-app and add a "Log Water" in the Blaze menu with 2-3 options preset in the app. Would make tracking our water intake SO much easier!

Heardy
Walker

Great idea, definitely gets my vote!

I would love to see this implemented on my Blaze. It would be awesome to be able to add cups of water I have consumed "on the go" on my Blaze, without doing it the long winded way on the app or website.

Here's a mock visual representation of how awesome it could be...

Water screen in the Blaze swipe menu:

Example01.jpg

Screen to add cup(s) of water (example 1):

Example02.jpg

Screen to add cup(s) of water (example 2):

Example03.jpg

The Samsung Gear S2 allows users to log how many cups of water or cofffee they have consumed using a built-in water intake tracker (see below):

Samsung Gear S2.jpg

It would be cool if Fitbit could do something similar, make it happen Fitbit! Smiley Happy

CAPTN_JONNY
Recovery Runner

I would also like to see this feature for the fitbit Blaze

RMGC
First Steps

I second that, water tracker for the Blaze please Woman Happy

oBoy
Runner

How cool would this be on the beautiful color display of the Blaze? This is a necessary feature that gets +1 from me.

Tara4Boys
First Steps

I would LOVE this!  Water is my hardest thing to "get in".

Heather717
First Steps
I would really really like this!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.