Fitbit integration with Pebble

I was wondering if the Fitbit app can be integrated with pebble. Sending the steps, miles and activity to the pebble face. That would be great. Both of my favorite wearables working together

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

32 Comments
thebusterazz
Recovery Runner

Hi all,

would be great if you're unable to extend the functionality of the application with the pebble smartwatch. I wear both and would be interesting if i will be able to view fitbit information ( like steps, kms, calories ecc) in one of my pebble's app, just like second display.

Think about it 😄

Antonio

Becky123
Jogger

Try painting the nickel with clear fingernail polish to inhibit sensitivities on the Force Tracker.

titanstrides
First Steps

looks like this has been brought up in the forum already, but now that the MobileRun functionality has been added to fitbit, i would love to see integration with the Pebble watch included at some point.

I currently use MapMyRun to track my activity and pretty much the only thing keeping me from moving entirely to fitbit is the integration with my watch. while i am running i am able to see my duration, distance and pace. something comparable would be awesome and allow me to ditch the extra app.

Edison517
Recovery Runner

Pebble just announced today their ability to sync with 3 other activity trackers, none of which are Fitbit...

https://blog.getpebble.com/2014/09/30/growth-fitness-value/

Obviously this needs to happen 🙂

eadams76
Recovery Runner

MisFit now has a Pebble app and is working to complete its sync with Android.  It already syncs with iOS.

FitBit needs to hurry up and release a integration app for Pebble; before others make it obsolete.

killua99
First Steps

Now Pebble with the new line "Pebble Time" the new watches bring with a new 3rd party extension port where you can extend from the pebble original features.

This is the documentation for pebble smartstraps where you can get the idea how to add all the Fitibit sensors + software on that strap and use the pebble view interface to show the info. It's like a fitbit one directly connected to the new Pebble Time.

The kickstarter post they mention you can do and add whatever you want, GPS, Hearthrate, Battery ... everything.

I'll love to see a Fitbit Pebble Smartstrap.

GBug
First Steps

I agree this would be a great idea!  +1.   

steikp
First Steps
I'm requesting an app (or some other way) to use the Pebble Time for tracking that syncs directly to my Fitbit account. I'm not looking for just displaying my information from fitbit, I'm looking for a way to use the Pebble as my tracker. Ive been a Fitbit user for sevwral years, and just bought my wife a Charge. My Zip no longer works, but would like to compete in challenges (and prefer the Fitbit platform over other trackers currently available for Pebble).

A great reference example is the Misfit app on Pebble/Pebble Time which allows you to track steps, activity, sleep, etc. on the watch and them sync directly to your Misfit account.
gscottwalters
First Steps

I have a FitBit Flex and a Pebble Time. Unlike some of the newer FitBits, the Flex only has 5 LEDs noting progress. It would be great to have an App (not watchface) where I could see how many steps I've taken instead of having to open up the app on my phone. 

Having a Pebble App, rather than a WatchFace would allow for notifications to be pushed to the wearer, such as daily goals reached, milestones, etc. 

Polling data collected from the moble app and pushed to the Pebble shouldn't be too difficult (unless Apple doesn't allow for such). 

Sarcastagirly
Recovery Runner

I hope this happens I love my Pebble  and my Flex I wish I could carry them and leave my phone when I go hiking 

Lizzee46
Jogger
I'm thinking of getting a Pebble watch and would really like my Fitbit Zip to sync with this.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey @Jlazala! I love having more supported apps to link with Fitbit. Hope they can make this possible soon. 

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board. 

sabledrakon
Jogger

I have no need or intention to pick up a Fitbit Surge, since my Pebble is a lot more capable annd versatile. But I'd still like to be able to start exersize tracking and view my steps/calories/distance/activity from my Pebble. So why not give us Pebble owners an even bigger reason to love and appriciate out Fitbits.

dotnetsoul
Jogger

I love pebble Time and want to compete with friends in Fitbit. 

I'm using MobileTracker to track steps from Pebble -> Apple Health->MobileTrack ->FitBit. It would be great to have direct integration between Pebble and FitBit

Kfahren1
Premium User
Recovery Runner
Please add support for Pebble to write steps to Fitbit.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit sells Fitbit, doesn't sell Pebble.

to be able to get Pebble data, Fitbit must spend money to change their applications.

of course, they must win money, to not go out of business.

do you agree to pay a monthly fee ?

Kfahren1
Premium User
Recovery Runner

You don't have to be rude about it. I like the challenges on fitbit bit I have been unhappy with their support. I have a blaze, a charge HR before that, flex, and a force beforethat. I wish the blaze would allow me to see my text messages as individual messages instead of saying 2 new messages then I have to go to my phone anyway. I am not really happy with how it isn't as much of a smartwatch as I was hoping. I can't reject calls or reply to texts which make it useless as a smart watch. I also pay for the premium annually so no I don't mind paying for a service. I really just wish they would allow pebble to write to fitbit. I don't care if it will allow it to write to the app specifically just a daily summary taken from pebble and uploaded to the website would be great.

Binary_Baba
First Steps

I have been using Fitbit Charge HR for almost 9 months, its a wonderful wearable which track my fitness activity. Couple of weeks back bought Pebble Time and i love it.

It would be great if you guys come up with integration of Fitbit data in Pebble.

Jayebr
First Steps
Would love to be able to install a Fitbit app on my pebble round (my only option now is misfit or pebble health) so that I can sync my walking around at work data with my Fitbit app. That would allow me to keep using my charge HR for workouts and my pebble at work and have all data in the same place. Don't make me buy a misfit for workouts please!
TechFan7
Base Runner

My wife has a Fitbit and my kids and I have Pebbles. . .would like to be able to compete with each other, but without a way to get the Pebble data into the Fitbit world. . .we can't compare with my wife's data.

toadgeek
First Steps

Yes!! Please!! 

Enkerli
Base Runner

Wonder if Fitbit’s rumoured acq’hire of Pebble will facilitate this or make it a moot point.

Can’t wait to hear something from Fitbit about this, though it may understandably take a while.

Several weeks ago, almost switched from a Fitbit Blaze to a Pebble 2+HR. Even thought about having both devices at once (wearing one on my ankle). Among the Pebble’s compelling hardware features are its waterproofing and always-on operation. 

The ability to create watchfaces and apps on Pebble can lead to very interesting results. My guess is that Fitbit won’t ever allow that on their own devices.

But, then, there’s the whole Pebble Core project. Assuming it’s not vapourware and Fitbit doesn’t scrap it, it could really enhance all of our devices.

TechFan7
Base Runner

It seems to me that if Fitbit is indeed buying Pebble, it would be easy to update Health to submit data to the FitBit system. . .as long as they are going to keep going with Pebble at all. . .here's to hoping.

TechFan7
Base Runner

Now that it is official, I sure hope that we can at least sync our activity data from our Pebbles into Fitbit. . .at least until my existing devices die.

TechFan7
Base Runner

Now that Pebble was officially acquired by FitBit, it would be great if Pebble Health data could sync to FitBit accounts.  I know that FitBit decided to not take on the Pebble hardware and support, but if you want the Pebble world users brought into your ecosystem, providing a way for us to link in with our current devices would be the way to do it.  I can understand how updating Pebble Health might be out of scope, but how about just a sync tool.  If we (Pebblers) are made to feel included in this way, we will be much more likely to stay around.  I know this was only made official yesterday, but making a statement of intent (to sync health data from Pebble watches) quickly would likely encourage a lot more Pebblers to give FitBit a chance.  Hoping for good news.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.