Fitbit integration with Pebble

I was wondering if the Fitbit app can be integrated with pebble. Sending the steps, miles and activity to the pebble face. That would be great. Both of my favorite wearables working together

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

32 Comments
dotnetsoul
Jogger
Unfortunately, it appears that the deal doesn't include Pebble's hardware.

Integrating Fitbit's activity-tracking tech in a smarter, more attractive
device would have made for a compelling product. But instead, Pebble loses
years of hard work and Fitbit gets the remnants of a company without the
hardware -- and the fan base -- that made it a cult favorite in the first
place.

​HOPE OF THIS INTEGRATION IS DEAD NOW...RIP PEBBLE !!!
TechFan7
Base Runner

Unfortunately, you are probably correct.  I am still hopeful they will allow pebble devices to submit existing data into the fitbit ecosystem.

MrEvrgreen
First Steps

Couldn't agree with your points more, TechFan7.
Allowing pebble devices to be used with the fitbit app and ecosystem would give pebble users access to useful services, engender good will in the pebble community towards fitbit, and definitely would encourage current pebble users to pick up fitbit devices in the future since they are already a part of the ecosystem.

This point is even more poignant now that a lot of people are buying the pebble devices since they have become so cheap. Pebble Time is currently the #1 best seller on Amazon in the women's smartwatch category and #4 best seller in smartwatches overall. This means that if the pebble devices plug well into the fitbit ecosystem, fitbit might pick up some new future users by welcoming the new purchasers of pebble watches into the fitbit ecosystem. 

It's been announced that pebble services will run through 2017 (which is generous of fitbit) so with any luck fitbit will have released a pebble-like watch to convince current pebble users to fully switch over to fitbit hardware by the time pebble watches are fully obsolete.

Links attached for proof of Amazon rankings.

BAMAJen
Jogger

I recently won a Pebble and I love it. I am excited that Fitbit has purchased Pebble and since I now use both devices I would love to have a Fitbit app for my Pebble. Thanks

Mandyloub
First Steps

Would love to be able to use my pebble on my fitbit app

Schatz65
Recovery Runner

I had a Pebble and really liked it. So far I haven't seen any Fitbit products that are comparable and affordable. I get tired having to tap my fitbit Charge 2 in order to see the time. And in the sunlight it isn't very visible. Why can't Fitbit incorporate some of the functionality of the Pebble into their products and make them more affordable? I'm retired and $300 for a watch is not affordable.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

There is no integration planned with Pebble. Since you can read and write data with our Web API, it would be possible for a 3rd party developers to make this integration.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.