Fix the Heart Rate lag during exercises

The heart rate during exercise is lagging behind vthe reality extremely. I had a medical checkup with the heart rate going up to 190 and the sense recorded 166. It is often reported that the heart rate measurement is quite good over long times, but not for short times. Intervalls etc. are not accurately measureable.
32 Comments
radzieus
Base Runner

@YojanaFitbit -- 

Please look at SEVERAL postings regarding the Sense HR sensor. It doesn't work past 145bpm. Not even close. Doesn't matter where I position it. My Versa Lite had a great HR accuracy. 

IMG_3495.jpgIMG_3499.jpgIMG_3503.jpg

ereiamJH
First Steps

At this point, I'm just piling on. While doing some weight lifting, the sense HR value was around ~72, while my chest HR monitor reported, correctly, 142. I got the Sense because I wanted to stop wearing the chest HR monitor and i thought fitbit was good a measuring HR. I'm sure there are many softwares fixes that could be implemented. Please choose one and fix this horrendous problem. 

Beezy1978
Sprinter

Amen!

I’m nearing the end of my long term of being PATIENT with Fitbit.

With the release of the Luxe? My heart is sinking all the more.

I would use an accurate heart rate during exercise Every Single Day.

I’m irritated as all git out that these problems even EXIST.

Did not one single person beta test the Sense’s HR during exercise??!?!?

HOW CAN IT BE SO INACCURATE?!??

This skews every single other metric recorded. 
I want a watch that WORKS, @Fitbit.

i spent $400 for this.

Make it work!

Sunnyrandolphke
First Steps

I also have this problem. I used to get 60 minutes or more zone minutes during my Saturday morning routine and now I'm lucky to get 20 minutes. I can use the heart rate monitor on the gym machine or check it manually and it's generally always at least 20 beats lower than my actual HR. 

cynmwood45
First Steps

I so wished I had checked this community posting area before upgrading from my Versa to the Sense.  The Sense has been horrible so far in tracking heart rate, exertion, calories....all of the things linked to heart rate.  The change was dramatic from one device to the other.  Despite doing exactly the same type of workouts, per Sense I am never consistently staying in the below zones arena? I confirmed my settings are exactly the same as they were.  Please, please fix this issue with a firmware update.  Something is seriously awry!

BoogerBoy
Jogger

This is a pretty big problem for me as well.  I climb stairs for 30 to 45 minute workouts, I know my heart rate ramps up to the 150's within about 4 minutes and stays there (I am wearing a Polar HR10 so I know this is accurate), and the Sense tells me I am in the 80's and 90's.  Then about halfway into the workout it will finally ramp up to the 150's.  I have tried many of the suggestions found in the Fitbit community, but none seem to fix the issue long term.  Please fix!  Thanks.

markg001
First Steps

Accurate heart rate which reacts to your activity level?? !!This is-basic functionality I would have thought would have been addressed long ago. I need this and assumed the Fitbit had this. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.