Flex 3 with heart-rate monitor (and no screen)

The Flex 3 should add HR monitoring, while keeping the form factor (including no screen). The Alta's are nice, but too bulky (and can't be used for swimming).

This community discussion sums it up pretty well:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Flex-2/Request-for-Flex-3/td-p/2937962

104 Comments
Fleks
First Steps

Saw the new FITB lineup upon login today. Decided I’d finally post to ask for a flex 3 with better battery life. 

It could be longer by a half inch but not much wider. I use an actual watch for time. 

Please update this nearly perfect device and take my money. 

Willeu
First Steps

I love flex 2. It's one of the smallest fitness band. Comfortable to wear on my right wrist and having a watch on my left wrist. if only the battery life can be longer. And if flex 3 comes with heart rate monitoring, it would be perfect! Cheers! 

ViCsTaa0414
Jogger

I would love to see Fitbit release a Flex 3 with the same design as the 2, but with the added features of HR monitoring and the floors tracking when using the stairs! Anyone else looking for this?? 

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @alma12! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

MobiM
Jogger
I totally agree! I want a Fitbit Flex that has HR. I don’t want a bulky watch-like tracker. The minimalist design of the Flex is perfect - and waterproof. 

Maureen McMahonAuthor - Mystery Paranormal RomanceBook trailer: http://youtu.be/zdcYSOzbadYTrilogy trailer: http://bit.ly/2lvufj2Websites: http://maureenmcmahon.onuniverse.comLabrador breeder: www.jamareinelabradors.com
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Kim_Hausten
First Steps

Count me in on the votes to bring out  Flex 3 w/heart rate monitor.  I love the Flex 2 just because it is small - no screen, no numbers on display; just the discreet dots to indicate how far I have to go.  My Flex 2 probably won't last much longer!

DreamFitDoIt
First Steps

I’d love a Flex 3! Make it happen Fitbit! I have an Apple Watch Series 4 but love the Fitbit app. PLEASE make this dream a reality. 

mastro35
Jogger

There are a lot of people that doesn't need a watch but that would love to own a fitness tracker. I own a Longines Hydroconquest and I wouldn't wear a Versa instead of my Longines, but I need a fitness tracker and I don't want to wear two watches, it would be weird. So a possible solution could be the Flex but I've been told that it has discontinued. So bad!

Please, we need a new ”no screen model” with the fitness tracker features, some led, the heart rate monitoring feature and that looks like a normal bracelet. 

Think about it: it would be great for any manager that want to keep using its Rolex or every Apple user that has an Apple Watch but prefers the Fitbit ecosystem or that want the sleep tracking feature. 

Please, take back a new no-screen Fitbit! 🙂

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mastro35! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

fsdafj4qkjefd
First Steps

Really disappointed that the flex 2 is discontinued. I liked it because i could throw it in my sock or pocket and not have to wear something on my wrist. It came in handy for times when I might be pushing a shopping cart or stroller, or just didn't want something on my wrist getting in the way when I exercise.

So my suggestion is that you make a flex 3 because I don't like any of the new models and I'm not wearing some bull**ahem** plastic clip that you charge me $20 - go f yourselves!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @fsdafj4qkjefd ! That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing it. I've moved it into a similar suggestion, as the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Whyterose
Jogger

I would definitely purchase a Fitbit Flex 3 with heart rate monitor and no screen! I enjoy using my Fitbit Flex 2 but a newer updated model would be nice too.

Mkhs
First Steps

A Fitbit Flex3 with heart rate monitor would be perfect because of the minimalistic design and because it has no screen so you can wear it with a 'normal' watch at the same time. I would buy it immediately!

h13pwl
Jogger

Yes. Please bring out flex 3 with heart rate monitor. Still needs to be slim & discreet. Love my flex 2 but would like the hr feature

Kokopelli
Base Runner

🤔 ☹️😞 looks that there is little hope that a flex 3 will ever come out... I really thing they are missing something no one though about so sure are they of their design and power... if I have to forget about my fancy watches for a gadget I need to charge at least every week sorry but I am going to go Apple even if I need to charge it more often... pity because the Fitbit environment is good. 

I guess statistically we must be insignificant... one day you’ll be but an app...

when my Alta HR dies, it will be replaced by... Flex 3 or similar or Apple Watch...

cheers... I am done posting and waiting,,,

WantToBuyFlex3
First Steps

I only created this user to say you should totally make a flex 3 with a heart monitor, better battery and keeping the compact size and no screen. It's the only fitness band I can see myself use because I always wear a watch. I don't own any fitbit products and I am not going to buy any until a version 3 of the Flex hits the market. 

BubblyBlink
Jogger

I love my Flex, 2, I'm disappointed that activity trackers are getting bigger and bulkier.
I don't want to wear a watch, I want a small, subtle plain band on my wrist. 
I would forgo HR monitoring if it keeps the band small. 

I can't even buy the different bands for flex 2 anymore. Small size are permanently sold out. 
I know plenty of people whose exact reason for not wanting an activity tracker is that they don't like the bulky smart watches that need constant charging. People I know are always admiring how small my flex 2 is. 

themodernflat
Jogger

I also just logged on for the first time to advocate for a Flex 3 with HR and better battery.  I don’t need a screen and also wear a nice watch daily so having something as discreet as the flex 2 is great. A plus is that I also wear it in my ankle. Please Fitbit bring the flex 3 and I promise I’ll even buy some of your stock!!! 

ted2xusz
Runner

I have been using Flex 2 for a long time mainly for 3 reasons 

1. it is slim and I can wear it next to my analog watch

2. it is waterproof and detects swimming 

3. records sleep the best on the market and fitbit has the best app

When the new charge 3 came out I bought it immediately because it added the hr monitoring ( sleep stage) and floor counting. 

It is also not that big ( my first thought) and i was promised to get SpO2 functions. I also thought I would have better functions  to record lap swim. 

Unfortunately, there is still no SpO2, lap swim functions are very limited ( not really more than flex2) and the hr monitoring is great but not during swim. I catch myself thinking, why do I need charge 3? Yeah it is smart, you can read messages and other things but anyway you still need the phone. 

Still i love the fitbit app, the full day steps monitoring and sleep. I also have the Aria 2 and I like it very much. 

I would be the first to buy flex3 if it has hr monitoring and still keeps the design and format of flex2- no screen and slim and waterproof. The dots were just enough as smart information of phone call or text. It could be great to have a touch button as in charge 3 just to be able to start / stop any “activity “ recording to be able to define it later in the app. The dots could help with correct info. I do not need any clock face, in charge 3 there is still no clock face that suits me best. The dots could be programmed as a clock too- blink 6 times - 6am/pm, longer break and blink first 2 dots for 1/2/3/4/5/ and next 2 dots 0-9 and you have minutes. Not perfect but could work and would be cool.

Anyway, hr monitoring is a must in a future flex. I hope there will be one sometime. This would be a perfect product. 

PaulGeth
First Steps

I would love a new Fitbit Flex 3 with HR monitoring and floor counting, I love the fact it doesn't have a screen and is slim and I can wear it with other watches. I am a horologist and I have a vast collection of watches that I like to wear, I'd like to keep it that way and I really don't enjoy wearing two things that tell the time, it looks stupid. I have upgraded my Flex 2 to a Charge 3, for the HR and floor counting, but I really need to upgrade to a Flex that has these features but with the benefit of not having a screen.

Surely this can happen? Fitbit surely realise that not everybody wants a screen? Wasn't the Flex one of the best selling models for Fitbit? If they had any business sense they wouldn't discontinue this... 

PaulGeth
First Steps

The other alternative is to get rid of the time on the Charge 3, or at least have an option to show JUST the stats and NO TIME, when will a fitness tracker let me keep the time and my health separate! Surely one day! Smiley LOL 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree with this 100%.  I'm into jewelry including regular fashion watches. I wear smartwatch to work only. But, im going to get the best device that works with my phone as a smartwatch and that is not a Fitbit device. Fitbit is health king though.  I wear the flex 2 with my jewlry bangle and it looks great with a regular watch or my smartwatch.  The only 2 things im missing from flex 2 is heart rate and stair counter.  Im not like the original poster though, I will not buy a fitness device with a screen.  I will have to stick with my flex 2 until they have a flex 3 or monitor my health the way they did before I was born... no tracker at all. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please do this! I'm tired of searching for a slim, screenless band with heart rate monitor. I can't find anything else on the market! I would buy a Flex 3 with this.

Fitsunshinefit
First Steps

No one else makes a slimline tracker like the Flex 2.........not sure why you’d discontinue the Flex 2 without having a Flex 3 to launch. FBit had that part of the market cornered. Really don’t like all of the bulky ones with a face. Like the discreet faceless band of flex 2

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.