Food options need to be increased

As someone who eats a lot of different ethnic foods, I have been really struggling using the Fitbit calorie count on the app. Couldn’t you guys allow for people to input and save recipes that the app could count calories  and macros for using your existing database? Also, as someone with a family history of high BP and other medical issues, I think that the option to count sodium intake, or fat types or vitamins would be awesome. Because right now I’m essentially using multiple apps to do these things and if Fitbit had it all that would really give the app an edge over competitors.

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

ByondF1
Recovery Runner

I would love to be able to input and share a recipe for something I make that isn't in the database. 

I would also love to see the Sodium totals in the app since I am struggling with high BP and Diastolic Congestive Heart Failure. Otherewise I have to enter the information into my app and then check the website for the Sodium totals. Why not make the little Nutrition circle in the app tapable so it shows all nutrients?

Thanks

Steelers_fan
Stepping Up

The recent foods list to too short.  Make the list longer or allow the ability to copy a food from a past day to the current day.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Steelers_fan, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KSreeramagiri and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Wla2000
Recovery Runner

I would like to see the recent's list grow larger - perhaps its length could be determine through a configuration parameter, so people who like short lists can keep them that way.  The list should be sorted so it's easy to find things in it. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.