Friends VS Feed Customizable Navigation

It appears many of us have zero or little interest in the new Community Feed, but a lot of interest in our Friends progress. As a result many find the need to now have to perform multiple taps every time the app is reopened to get to our Friends extremely annoying. Either please change the default to show Friends first (as it was previously) upon launching the app or provide the user with a setting option to allow us to choose which opens first. 

Mod edit: added label

143 Comments
Genski84
First Steps

I see this thread is still alive and well, over two years later. The previous comment is exactly why I have removed myself from all community groups and ultimately removed myself from Fitbit altogether. Fitbit was supposed to be a fun way to motivate myself but the community feed ruined it for me. Being forced to see images that are inappropriate is not cool. I opened the tab one day to check out my friends status with my young child next to me and the community tab pops up, BOOBS. Thanks for that. Adios Fitbit! 

Gormstorms
Recovery Runner
They assured me someone would read these posts and take them into
consideration. I see that might not be true if this is 2 years in the
making!
--
Anne
Vivianmarie
Jogger
Its not true. No one has done anything. I am about to leave fitbit too.

Sent from my iPhone
Gormstorms
Recovery Runner
Well I won’t leave Fitbit over it because other than this I enjoy Fitbit.
It’s just very irritating that no options are available at all. This
should never be the default when we open our apps.
--
Anne
BrettCava
Recovery Runner
I lost hope after 2 years of waiting that we could just see our own friends steps under feed without going past the inane Community tab of boastful bodies and annoying people
Vivianmarie
Jogger
I am not leaving just because of this. They also have no other choices now
except the watches for your fitbit. The Fitbit One was great for me. I
could just hook it on my bra and not worry all day. I am just not a watch
wearer and the bands and face are clunky and unattractive. So bottom line
is although the software CAN provide what is needed - they CHOOSE not to
listen to their consumers in any way.
Gormstorms
Recovery Runner
I hear you! It really is too bad. It’s just like another Facebook that I
can’t escape. At least I could delete my Facebook account for the same
reasons. People are so vain and egocentric, it really is sad. And funny
at the same time.
--
Anne
gideo8
First Steps

My feature request would be to have a version of the app that has no community feeds at all. 

Nigey_Boy
Base Runner

2 years and no action???

Come on and get rid of this annoying feed or move it

I have voted along with 166 others

Beaglemommy
Recovery Runner

I really thought Fitbit would listen to us, but they have not in two years.  Sad, I was one of their first customers too.  Everything is about the watches now. 

angryatfeedtab
Keeping Pace

I don't see the point in asking users for suggestions,when nothing is listened to.

I wonder how many of us would of bought a similar product from elsewhere

Had we known we'd have to put up with strangers stats every time we went to check our own steps and goals.

Who want's to see anyone elses steps or distances when you have never met and never will meet anyone in the community feed?

ksalaets
Recovery Runner

I think the motto of all these type of companies is: "We change it because we can!"  Programmers are like a classic bureaucracy.  They have to keep tinkering with things to justify their jobs.  I have stopped updating my fb app because 99 percent of the updates are just that, i.e., tinkering.  Shame, because I know I'm not the only one, and the risk is missing an update that might actually be necessary.  Ah well!

cigdemercan
First Steps
Could you please give everyone ''an option'' to choose what they would like to see when they are checking their app? We purchase these watches and deserve to have an option. i am not interested at all about the ''Feed'' part however I have to manually switch to ''Friends'' section each time I open the app. It absolutely do not make sense not to give your customers ''the option to choose what they prefer to see in the app.''
BrettCava
Recovery Runner
Completely agree, give users a choice to go direct to their Friends and not have to look at the bragging if strangers. We have been asking for this for years but for some reason Fitbit just ignores the request
MBiedz
Jogger

So I realized yesterday that the Community tab is now defaulting to Friends rather than Feed. Unsure when this started, but THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nigey_Boy
Base Runner

Not on my phone it's not?

Jenb9995
First Steps

I came looking for a way to turn off the default Community Feed tab today.  It's off-putting to see heavily made-up botoxed strangers with filters on whenever I want to access the Friends page, even just to check my own average daily steps. Disappointing to see these requests going back 3 years with 209 votes, and moderator support. 

Also see a new request was started on 22/10/20 for the same feature, only 13 votes so far. Why not add all these votes to that request? Although more votes have not made a difference in this case. 

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this product feedback. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the redesigned Fitbit app. Feed and friends are independent tiles of the You tab. To learn more about this, see this article.

@MBiedz, in recognition of your excellent product feedback, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.