0 Votes

Goal Flexibility

Currently, Fitbit App users are able to change their goal only on the current day and then the goal is new moving forward - which means you can't track your progress from a previous date in relation to the goal change. For people who have always had the same weight goal but didn't update this section until they were further along in their fitness journey or for those who have wanted the flexibility of changing their goal once they've realized what they're capable of - we should have the option of changing our goal and implementing it on the day we recognize it as changing, not just letting the App automatically recognize that current day. 

For example: When I first started out, I was unfamiliar with the App so I didn't put in a goal until a few weeks later. By then, however, I'd lost a lot of weight. However, when I put in my new goal, it pretty much had me starting from scratch. It felt like I personally knew I'd lost that weight, but the app wasn't acknowledging it and it's frustrating not to have accuracy. Likewise, I later changed my goal weight when I realized what I'm capable of. But, when I changed my goal, it didn't start from the day I started my fitness journey - it started that day. So it basically cut my long term results in half. 

I'd really like to see more flexibility with the goal change. Like, possible give us the option to choose dates, instead of automatically only populating the current date. That way, if I choose a date from 5 months ago, then I could keep all the data up to date on how much progress I've made towards my goal - without having to configure it out on my own.

1 Comment
Status changed to: Existing Feature
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @vbrittany.

Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion.

In this situation, it is possible to change a starting date and weight when you set up the weight goal. You can click here to read instructions on how to do it.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.