Google Play Music App on Fitbit devices

I'm hoping for support of Google music on the ionic and versa, or even a quick app which will allow you to control songs and explore playlists remotely on the watch.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

109 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Not having choices for music on the FitBit reduces the functionality for
me. I want to run with just one device and I still have to bring my phone
for the music. If you think about it, why bring the FitBit?
tayma11
First Steps

Please integrate the Google Play Music application for use in the Fitbit Versa. This platform would be so easy to use, given that a lot of people such as myself already utilize other connected Google products. 

jrobbins
Base Runner

I added my vote as well - I also send some feedback to GPM asking them to make an app. It would be nice to see this as an option.

Ioscipescu
Jogger
I'm not certain why they do not have a generic music app that controls
whatever app is open on the phone (play, stop, fast forward, rewind). The
Pebble had this, and it controlled whatever app I had opened (Google Music,
Audible, Amazon Music, etc.).
jrobbins
Base Runner

@Ioscipescu there is a music app that controls what is playing on your phone on the Ionic - swipe to the left.  This request is for a GPM app like the current pandora or deezer app.  Something standalone that allows songs to be downloaded to the watch directly from GPM. That would be a very nice thing to have.

Ioscipescu
Jogger
@jrobbins I do not have any app like that. The only one I have is the
music app, and when I open it up, it tells me I have no music loaded on the
watch. I've swiped left, right, up and down and have found nothing
different.
derekmski101
Base Runner

I would like to see support for Play Music on the Versa, until this is added this may be a deal breaker for me.  At the very least music controls for non native music apps need to be added.

jrj28
Jogger

Please add Google play music as an option. Supportive various music platforms is critical to user satisfaction and reaches various user preferences. Thank you.

MrWonka
Stepping Up

This is another basic feature that was available on Pebble and needs brought onto Fitbit.  I have a Google Play subscription and have no desire to use other subscription services.  I also purchased Music Boss in order to have more features on my Pebbles and an app similar to that would be awesome on Fitbit  

AggiePride
First Steps

Please allow Google Play Music on Versa!!

YRN
Jogger

I would be such an extremely happy......no, i take that back!  I would be an excited happy customer if Google Play can be played on the new Fitbit Versa.  I had Pandora before but switched over to Google Play because Im much more happy with it! I have tons of music saved, and it bums me that I cant play in on my new Fitbit Versa.  I really do not want to purchase Pandora.  Please GOOGLE, can you become an app to Fitbit! Pleeeeeeease! You would seriously make A LOT of Google play listeners extremely happy!!! 

shibby23
First Steps

Please add the functionality to stream or download playlists from Google Play Music for the Fitbit Versa!

msuscorpio
First Steps

Just got my Versa today and as a former Pebble Time user (and lover!), I can't believe that I can't do something as simple as play, pause and skip music playing from my Google Play Music app on my phone!!  I don't even want a full fledged Google Music app on the watch itself.  Just those simple features!

mindymkoo
Jogger

Please make Google music available on the Fitbit Versa! It is so much more versatile than Pandora. Thanks!

muzamilsaleem
First Steps

I think it would be a great strength to the seemingly open philosophy of Fitbit to incorporate all major streaming services as apps on devices like the Ionic and Versa. It's very tedious for users to have to consider switching streaming service, and I think that very often they won't, and will instead opt for a fitness device that is able to play their music. 

If you're going to pick Deezer as the service you want to align to, you might perhaps consider working with them to offer it to Fitbit customers at a discount. 

Thank you.

BethPolly
Jogger

Definitely need Google Play Music compatibility on the versa. I think its short sighted to expect people to change their subscription service just because their watch isn't compatible (plus pandora isn't even available in every country and I have literally never heard of deezer before I bought the watch). Plus there are so many bugs at the momebt with the bluetooth music controls that its basically useless (I've had the versa for almost a week now and not once in that time have I been able to get my watch to control the music playing through my phone). It doesn't even need to be a Google Play specific app, just something that lets you control the music streaming from your phone a little easier. 

Alessandromr
First Steps

Here's my +1 vote for getting Google play music on the Versa.

JLGODBOUT
First Steps

Google play would be an amazing feature to have on my versa!! I am always using my giiglG play and don't want to pay for yet another music service. 

4petzz
First Steps

I would also would like Google Play Music capabilities for the ionic.  Please and thank you.

KorriCongdon
Jogger

Hi. I have a versa watch and would love it if you added google play so I could listen to my music. I can't afford apps with subscriptions and I cant download music which stinks. I love my versa but the music option sucks

shadodwlr
Jogger

Yeah... I have a workout playlist on Google Play Music that has like 317 songs I think and the thing that agravates me is that I bought the flyer with the purpose of connecting the flyer to my Versa.  Instead, I'm given lame music apps on the versa that I don't have a membership for and have no idea how to use and I'm having a **ahem** of a time trying to figure out how to just straight up add my own mp3s to the versa so I've just given up and connect the flyer to my phone and listen to it that way which I have to admit I hate because I have my phone in my pocket and the weight of it keeps gradually pulling my pants down on the treadmill... do you guys have any idea how annoying that is... you've created a product that though it is completely equipped with certain functions has software to it that makes that functionality about as useless as a paperweight. This thing is able to download apps.. please get google on board as a partner already... then I can connect my versa right to planet fitness's wifi and access my playlist right from the internet and I can leave my phone in my locker where it belongs.

SuperGus
Jogger

@SantiR Has there been any traction on this?

mcbooklovin
First Steps

I vote to bring in Google Play music for Fitbit Versa. I don't want to have to create yet another account on another streaming service. I was surprised that for the price you pay for these items, how little is offered in the apps section. 

iampegram
Jogger

+1 for FitBit support for Google Play Music, it'd be one less thing to carry on a walk.

Claireyfairey
Jogger

Hi I love my fit bit but I really would like the option of Google music. Anyone else feel this should be an option?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.