Google Play Music App on Fitbit devices

I'm hoping for support of Google music on the ionic and versa, or even a quick app which will allow you to control songs and explore playlists remotely on the watch.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

109 Comments
Memer
Jogger

Has there been any movement on getting Google play as one of the music apps for either Ionic or Versa?

LuMonroy
Jogger

Please add google music Please please please

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LuMonroy, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Please do not forget to vote by giving kudos.

Memer
Jogger

@MarcelBK whats the status? Anything in the works?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

nothing has happened, but theres a way you can manually move mp3s to the watch and thats our solution for now.

KorriCongdon
Jogger
Ya,not if you don't have a blasted computer

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Memer
Jogger

yeah stuck on doing that, moving MP3's over. But then i get sync issues and thats a whole other discussing.

ccberke
First Steps

Just want to add my vote for Google Play/YouTube music! I've been paying for their subscription for years and would prefer not to switch to Pandora or Deezer.

dtisone13
First Steps

Pandora is dead...Deezer Music?

I'm shocked that Fitbit supports Google logins, why not google Music?  As soon as Fitbit adds sync support for Google Play music, I'll buy a Fitbit

MsTara
First Steps

Google Music or Amazon Music would be amazing!  Pandora is absolutely worthless to me

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Until some type of agreement gets reassured between Fitbit and Amazon or Fitbit and Google this isn't going to happen. As they say, it takes two to tango.

mingke
Runner

My whole music collection is in Google Music. Please create a Gooflke Music App to help people like me

Rayray22
First Steps

Add Google Play Music app to Versa. Deezer? Pandora? Seriously? I am a loyal subscriber to GPM, having the app on the Versa and the ability to carry music in a "Download Only" fashion , or the ability to connect the Versa via WiFi and engage with GPM would make this device MUCH more useful. Let's go Fitbit.

Marrrmaduke
Marathon Racer

Definitely need Google Music support. Please!

derekmski101
Base Runner

+1

I no longer have Pandora because their app is so unstable.  I love Google Play music and would love being able to have a native app for it on the Fitbit.

ptcobra
First Steps

I vote to bring Google play music to Fitbit Ionic. I have been paying for and using this service for years and have many songs, albums and playlists already set up. it's easy to use and I see no reason to start all over again. Please add the Google play music app. 

Bb-Mitch
Recovery Runner

Pebble had remote play / pause / rewind d / next... Garmin does. Many others do. There are two different issues. Making the device control the phone app (which is sending bluetooth keyboard button pushes I think) should be easy and would support pretty .uchall phone native apps. That wouldn't put cached or downloaded bluetooth music on the versa. But only some will care about that (limited size and sync issues and battery drain will likely emerge as issues there). Not sure how but since people can build a spotify remote app ("spotify hr" for versa) maybe it's possible?

Not sure if the versa implemented the bluetooth keyboard support which may be the underlying issue.

The really frustrating thing about these posts is that they are often duplicated.  Just discussions.  And NEVER seem to receive any official comment from someone within FitBit with a legitimate opinion  (support Fitbit community cheerleaders... if you can't address these points or aren't a dev with access to the roadmap who can tell us Q4 2019 the endless canned welcome posts get old... someone needs to escalate this pattern of behavior before the fledgling community becomes disenfranchised).

Just my 2 cents. +10 for generic remote control. +0.5 for offline Google play +1000 for finding a better way to do this.

Mitch

Sithlord78
First Steps

Please add Google play, I have to use my old laptop to put my mp3's on as my.new one doesn't have a CD facility. All my music is streamed from Google now. Thank you

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

rosem3000
First Steps

Please add the Google Play Music App! It's an extremely popular app that is greatly needed! The ability to change music without having to use my phone would make the Versa perfect.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rosem3000 , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Suggestions1234
First Steps

For all the Google Playlist names that don't have enough money to go off their subscription for Google Play to go to Pandora user and Strava this would be really helpful especially when it's a family plan that your family doesn't want to get rid of. Please add.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Suggestions1234, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit Ionic and Versa. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

cris.lang
Jogger

I recently downloaded spotify to my phone so that i could control it on my versa but i would love if yall could also make google play connectable with the versa

Thanks!

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @cris.lang, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.