Heart Rate Monitoring

I love my fitbit flex but I would love to see and upgrade to include heart rate monitoring. I currently use a separate heart rate watch when working out to get a better accuracy for calories burned because when I do the insanity workout for 45 minutes the flex only says 6 minutes active but I know I am working very hard for the entire 45 minutes. Will this ever be an option?

Moderator Edit: Updated label

110 Comments
Lorneputnam
Recovery Runner

I think this is a must in the world of Fitbit i hate the fact the if i want to track my heart rate i need to either stop and check my pulse or purchase one of your competitors products to gain this info

HughB
Recovery Runner

If it could at least read the chest strap from other monitors like the tread mill does now it would be a great help.

3DS
Base Runner

Keep all features that were on the Force but add heart rate monitor.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I'd be interested in a heartrate monitor (like is designed for the future wristbands.)

Thank you!
Draca
Runner

i will get a charge HR as soon as it comes out!! i love the idea of having heartrate monitoring.

but i also have a BTLE Wahoo Tickr Run Heartrate monitor.. it works with both Endomondo and Runkeeper

when syncmetrics was working (before they shut it down) i managed to get runkeeper to sync the Heartrate data to fitbit through syncmetrics.. that way i got accurate heartrate data on fitbit (resting, average, max heartrate)

i really want fitbit to be able to do this.. i want to be able to measure my heartrate 24/7 and have it logged.

Status changed to: Released
zapleahy
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Learn more about Fitbit's latest trackers with heart rate: Charge HR and Surge.

Val_C
Jogger

I was looking forward to having a configurable lap feature as well.  It appears that all of the functionality is there with the silent alarm.  One could expand the silent alarm so that the user could set up/record laps based on time passed, or distance covered.

Aslo, it would be nice to have a lap feature for treadmill use as well.

ksk7
First Steps

I agree. I am running with 2 watches - the Surge and Garmin so that I can use the vibrate feature when I hit my mile splits as well as getting my %HR from Garmin. I could switch to just the Surge if they would add this. Please add a vibrate alert to the mile (or whatever interval you want) splits and also please add the %MHR or %HRR for the intensity. The zones and bpm only are not very helpful. Thank you.

sem404
Jogger

Also it would be great if the activities with distance (like walking or running) had lap information on the web panel. It's something very easy to implement: each X distance, save the activity time and then show all that times in the main panel. It's very useful for people like me who are training to have a constant pace.

mitchellkp
Jogger

Need the split alerts - emulate Garmin here

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.