IOS Widget

Come on Fitbit, its time you produced a Widget for use on IOS, no excuses, just do it please, thank you

144 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your idea with us @SunsetRunner! 

Let's keep an eye on what other users think about this.

aleck
First Steps

I can't understand what kind of excuse you might have not to develop a widget for iPhone. That's grossly irresponsible behaviour from an otherwise well-respected company.

Please fix it asap. It's a not a deal-breaker, but a massive dent for sure.

waynezwor1d
Tempo Runner

Well respected? HA Fitbit does the bare minimum when it comes to IOS. They’re seriously lacking in features. 

aleck
First Steps
Well, I have to agree. Bare minimum to claim “we’ve got an iApp”.

Sent from my iPhone
DougSampson
First Steps

I find it odd that Fitbit has still not created a widget for the iPhone. I also dislike that you are using this thread specifically to decide if you're going to build one, seems dirty. Put polls out on social media platforms and see just how any users would love to have this feature. 

Rbeccaas
First Steps

I, too, just transferred from Android to iPhone and cannot believe that my time taken to write this this post may be the only way to get a simple interactive feature.

I’m willing to bet there’s already a preloaded app in my new iPhone that will be just as functional and give the simple interactive display I expect (and will take less time to set up than it did for me to type this on a tiny keyboard🤣).

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I’ve left the world of Fitbit
JvdMaarel
Recovery Runner

I would like a widget too, showing data from dashboard or a summary. 

Had that on my Polar but seems to be missing it on my new Charge 3 (which I like a lot too, by the way). 

Taryn74
Jogger

I’m surprised there isn’t an iOS widget- usually those are ahead of Android. I would love to see this added. 

Roostersplace
First Steps

Please make a widget for IOS.

Vcept
First Steps

Please make the iOS Widget available. 

Lizabeth1997
First Steps

Please make a widget. I’ve missed it since switching phones. 

EJGYP
First Steps

I am fed up with Fitbit! Complete waste of time!!

No UTF8 support for non-Latin characters, so messages & alerts appear as ????, and no widget for iOS. Two basic requirements these days, which these guys are IGNORING!!

I am selling my Ionic and moving to GARMIN!!!!

abellante
Jogger

I came back to Fitbit after using garmin which I loved but I missed Fitbit for some reason and was glad they finally came out with waterproof trackers but I now have an iPhone and I was disappointed that there’s no widget?????????? I also want to be able to reply to messages from my versa if possible!!!

simkeu
First Steps

Yes, please do this!

Here’s why I’d find it extremely useful:

Espescially in the Nordics the weather often requires several layers of clothing. This makes the wrist-worn tracker hard to reach.

So, hardly ever during the day do I take a look at the tracker itself. Instead I go to my phone several times a day to check my current stats, how I’m doing with my steps count etc.

In the iPhone, there’s this awesome view where several apps (calendar, habit and budget tracker etc) group this similar timely information and it’s almost baffling that FitBit is not utilizing this opportunity to serve users on an iPhone.

FitBit, please make this happen!

Jennyrose
Stepping Up

You don’t see you are loosing customers to your competitors because you refuse to take suggestions that would better the world of Fitbit. This is not the only complaint that has fallen on deaf ears. It’s sad and pathetic Fitbit is basically chasing away loyal customers with their unwillingness to change for the better. 

aleck
First Steps
I’ve moved away from FitBit already, it’s been a year after all and it takes at most a couple of months to build a widget.
Sorry guys, you simply don’t care if your company will exist in 5 years from now.

Sent from my iPhone
abellante
Jogger
They aren’t losing me but I’m disappointed! Sigh

Alicia
Eric19312
Jogger

Very surprised this is still not implemented 

aleck
First Steps
Probably waiting to be bought by someone else. I’ve read that FitBit losses market share very fast to both Apple and Chinese companies. No wonder.
Chermunchkin
First Steps

When will you design a widget for iPhone!! One that is Better than the android!!!! 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Chermunchkin, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

WASII
Jogger

Transferring from an Android to a new iPhone, and I’m amazed to see there’s NO WIDGET for my Ion FITBIT? Seriously?!? I’m planning on buying a Fitbit for my wife for Christmas, but seeing how she has an iPhone as well, I think we may just look for something with better iOS support instead.

DLaky
First Steps

Is there an update on this?  It is impractical to keep the app open all day every day.  The widget is such a simple and eloquent solution.  Yes / No on this and if Yes, when?  Becoming a dealbreaker bc not all my stats get tracked. 

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Come on Fitbit, its time you produced a Widget for use on IOS, no excuses, just do it please, thank you

fritzj76
First Steps

A simple set of widgets for steps, distance, and calories burned would be nice.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.