IOS Widget

Come on Fitbit, its time you produced a Widget for use on IOS, no excuses, just do it please, thank you

144 Comments
Mbpetrillo
First Steps
Apple has released widgets on the Home Screen in iOS 14. This would help the Fitbit syncing issues tremendously if we could get a Fitbit widget on the Home Screen. It could also show updated daily counts.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Mbpetrillo. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a Fitbit widget available for iOS with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

Mbpetrillo
First Steps

@LizzyFitbit after two years of this request, why hasn’t there been an update to anyone requesting this? Did you read through the comments? You’re losing customers because of this simple implementation. I’ve got a charge 2, and once that dies, I’ll be going to apple if this widget and background issues don’t get fixed. 

Emmawade
Jogger

Now that apple has introduced widgets with iOS 14 update can we please have a Fitbit widget, I really miss having this feature as on my android I used it every day?

Emmawade
Jogger
Now that apple has launched iOS 14 which has a new widget feature can we please have a Fitbit widget similar to the one on android
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Emmawade. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a Fitbit widget available on iOS devices. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

Spencerwlknsn
First Steps
Not sure if it’s in the works, but the ability to see steps, floors, active sone minutes, and calories burnt from my home screen would be nice.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Spencerwlknsn, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see IOS Widget for quick view. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

abellante
Jogger
I don’t think it’s FitBit’s fault. Apple has its own watch so they don’t want to share with FitBit

Alicia Bellante
Wrayne
First Steps
With the IOS 14 release on the iPhone a Widget for Fitbit is needed
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Wrayne. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a Fitbit widget available for iOS devices with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

GuillaumeZ88
First Steps

Hi, Widget on IOS14 is just a feature suggestion? 😱

Please reassure me and tell me that this is already under development 🙏

Eigenwijs
Jogger

With IOS14 this really is time 

DavidP100
Recovery Runner

I love how the moderator says let's see what users think. In other words we're not doing it. We're going to keep making pointless tweaks otherwise. That's fine I'll just switch to lifesum. Great widget.

Nomad9899
Jogger
More a repeat than an idea, but I cannot believe there is no widget for iOS. I know the Home Screen widgets haven’t been out long, but there’s not even one for the widget screen.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nomad9899, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see iOS Widgets. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

JorgeVaccaro
Jogger

Hi guys, I gotta give it to most of the comments here.

Fitbit Widget for iOS is definitely a must at this point.

Nessie07
Jogger

Hello,

I switched from android to apple this November and I cannot tell you how much I miss the Fitbit widget. I will never buy an Apple Watch but instead I’ll keep my Fitbit and get the newer versions. The widget was on my Home Screen and it was the most helpful thing I used on a DAILY basis. Please please please make a widget for iOS ! 

PenguinUmbrella
Recovery Runner

We definitely need an iOS widget after iOS 14.  
As this request is over two years old and seems to be pretty popular it would be nice to get a status update on the progress (or the lack of progress) being made.

adriancartier
Recovery Runner

I would consider this dead unless the Google acquisition falls through. I would doubt they would want to spend development resources improving an apple client app if they become direct competitors with apple health post acquisition. 

abellante
Jogger
I was told apple won’t let Fitbit do it apparently

Alicia Bellante
Nomad9899
Jogger
I think it’s more that Apple insist on things being done a certain way and some companies don’t want to do it that way or spend the money.

[https://res.spikenow.com/c/?id=sosy8840zn5kiifk&s=48&m=c&_ts=tue47] Kieran [tue47]
Kieran M

[https://bolt.im/t/?JotBvGVExB6_UZO5pWSHbhtC_ytw9Mb0tjUZQIQmDt35k_owRQ8QIDUoRkYyAD5YwLPceTvjE4h2AkFt0...]
Nomad9899
Jogger
That’s the most annoying thing with companies. No updates or reasons give, so it gives the impression they don’t really care what customers want. Maybe they just don’t?

[https://res.spikenow.com/c/?id=sosy8840zn5kiifk&s=48&m=c&_ts=tue8g] Kieran [tue8g]
Kieran M

[https://bolt.im/t/?fMaaHRXVtjkWFdk4FdV-UH23qRui4-UWlvjG380HHzN_AtGHPRVYpVQywb0wDSENU-t2O4pVlumDO8o6P...]
DavidP100
Recovery Runner

Yes. It's absurd that they don't have one.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Shhshsb
First Steps

Please make a widget for iOS!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.