IOS Widget

Come on Fitbit, its time you produced a Widget for use on IOS, no excuses, just do it please, thank you

144 Comments
Macspud
Jogger

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Come on Fitbit, its time you produced a Widget for use on IOS, no excuses, just do it please, thank you

Couldn’t agree more. Here’s the thing: a company like Fitbit absolutely needs to differentiate for its users. Some of us like to optimize our time by cutting down on the time it takes to enter data. Opening the Fitbit app, hitting the plus sign, selecting which data entry mode your wanting, all before entering your data on iOS are a few steps. @SunsetRunner and other are suggesting a widget because a swipe right and a scroll possibly gets users to the data entry modes immediately - fast. It’s an essential feature and really shouldn’t be over looked. Kind of like portion sizes in the meal section!!!!

AndrewMF
First Steps

Yes, please, please, please add a widget for iOS. Without a widget I am forced to use other apps, which means Fitbit is not my ultimate go-to app. If Fitbit wants to be the best health tracking company it has to have a widget. 

adriancartier
Recovery Runner

Just switched to iOS after being an Android user for almost 15 years. I was disappointed in not having the fitbit widget on the iPhone. I assumed it would be there. 

Kitiara
Jogger

Why oh why is there STILL no widget for iOS??? Unbelievable that people have been asking for this for YEARS and no response from Fitbit!

AndreaKhoury1
Jogger

It would be amazing to have a widget on iOs for the fitbit app. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AndreaKhoury1, thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having iOS Widgets, with us! I've moved it into a similar suggestion. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

thenameless1
Hill Runner

If the android app has a widget and so does the windows app why doesn't the iphone have a widget?

I was under the impression that the only difference in features was based on the tracker. Like if i wanted to track my heart rate i'd buy one that tracks my heart rate. I never would have thought that features would be sacrificed based on a users choice of phone. 

Katman2
First Steps

I was a long time Android user and just switch to an iPhone. I am having an extremely hard time believing that there is no widget available. Is there some kind of issue developing a widget for iPhones? Is it not allowed by iPhone to make said widget? Are the Fitbit developers incapable of figuring out how to make it? I’m seeing posts that are older than a year asking for the widget to be made and it is still not done. I have to seriously rethink my using of Fitbit products due to the fact that the developer’s are so easily dismissing the suggestions of loyal users for a widget for iPhones. I really have a hard time believing you are so arrogant! Fix the issue by making the widget!!!!

adriancartier
Recovery Runner

I’m guessing with the acquisition from Google we should expect Fitbit to be google android native and be directly competing with the iWatch. To that end I would be surprised if they continued new feature dev on iOS devices anymore and prepare themselves for Google Phone integration. That’s what I would be doing if I were Google. Just my thoughts and opinion. 

anniewiny
Jogger

Je suis à ma deuxième fibit et il n’y a toujours pas de widget pour mon iphone. Je trouve déplorable qu’une compagnie aussi connue et qui crée d’excellent produits nous forcent presque, nous les utilisateurs d’Apple, a ne plus acheter d’eux.!!! Je me pose sérieusement la question pour mes futurs choix et les recommandations que je ferai à mon entourage. Je travail dans un hôpital et beaucoup ont fitbit et beaucoup on la même opinion que moi!

AdelfaJ
First Steps

No update yet?

AdelfaJ
First Steps

I don't understand why there's a need for a popularity vote just to have a certain feature. If it is existing to other mobile devices, why not make it uniform?If it is useful to their customers, why not just make it available.

DLaky
First Steps
Nope. 
Moved to Apple. 
So sad.  
Katman2
First Steps
No update yet!!

Sent from my iPhone
JulienC
First Steps

yes i would much appreciate a widget and shortcuts for iOS. Like adding a cup of water 

John2021
First Steps

We really need it right now Fitbit 

Volpey
Jogger

Now that iOS 14 supports homescreen widgets, this needs to happen. 

An overview of your daily calorie intake, steps, etc, and also shortcuts to log food. 

Also smaller widgets for your last workouts and your macronutrient intake. 

Here are some ideas.

TobyCarryer
First Steps

@Volpey  Couldn’t agree more! Since updating to the latest iOS I’ve been on the hunt for apps that actually have useful widgets I could use. I was quite disappointed to find Fitbit lacks ANY widgets for iOS; despite having android compatible widgets for many years. I understand widgets haven’t been particularly necessary or popular for iOS in the past, but with the new update to iPhones Home Screen I hope fitbit gets their dev team on widget creation ASAP. I can’t imagine it would be TOO tricky seeing as the base is already there for Android. 

Soccerguy05
Jogger
With iOS 14 you need to bring widgets to iPhone.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TobyCarryer, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see iOS Widgets. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

zzozo23
First Steps
I’d be nice if you created a
widget that supports your
platform under this iOS 14
update
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @zzozo23, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see IOS Widget for latest versions. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

laurasre
Recovery Runner
Since ios 14 just came out and allows for apps to have widgets I think fitbit should have a customizable widget. Options could include seeing steps or active minutes or calories or stairs or miles and also have quick options to add water intake or add recent foods or start an exercise.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @laurasreThanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a Fitbit widget available on iOS devices with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions.

alg913
Jogger

It's certainly time to have a widget that's compatible with iOS 14! I personally never used them before but have since the new update and am in desperate need of a Fitbit one. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet but it's time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.