Ideas

1)  Being able to export the data, that my Fitbit collects, so I can look at it different ways

2)  GPS tracking, to optionally view other fitbit users in your area and possible friend them

3)  Heart rate Monitoring, to assist in HIIT

4)  A timer, to be able to start and stop, during a weightlifting session, to assist in logging the activity later

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

3 Comments
MsPeacock
Recovery Runner

I would love all  the above,  PLUS My wishlis for a new Model:

-One that does what the Force does. 

-Looks like a stylish watch (metal etc, or maybe covers for the ugly band)   OR/AND

-fits ankles or even the highs to hide it under clothes?(extra large sizes)  

-It can be used on the ankle/leg & make it work to  measure the stationary cycles.  (yes there are devices like this out there) A

-Change the fastenter to velcro or buckle, so people with arthritis, fibromyalgia, or carpal tunnell can manage it. I cannot squeeze the fastener hard enough and I hurt my hands trying..

-senses when I sleep and wake up (I know I may be dreaming- haha)

Well that is my wishlist.  Hope it comes true.  :smileyhappy:

NiccoND
Jogger

Agreeing with "Wildtwins" (above), the ability to export the data would be very useful (and not having to pay an extra fee to do so). Instead of displaying "very activie" minutes, which is rather ambiguous, adding MET values or some sort of scaled intensity measure would help provide an accurate idea of the caloric burn value of activities throughout the day. Heart rate would be useful to the user to monitor intensity in real-time, however, I do not think it is necessary to improve the precision of the device; the accelerometer has the capability to detect PA without a HR monitor (though I could see how it could assist in determining intensity or work done during stationary aerobic activities like cycling that would be logged manually after the activity).

Status changed to: Released
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there @wildtwins. Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas with us! I'm glad to tell you that all the features you suggested have been implemented in our latest products.

-Data Export: You are currently able to download your data by going to your settings and selecting the "Export Data" tab. Here you can choose the time frames, the type of data you want to download and the file format.

-GPS Tracking: You can either use the MobileRun feature on your mobile device to track your GPS map when you run or use the Fitbit Surge which has this capability on its own.

-Heart Rate Monitoring: Our newest trackers, the Fitbit Charge HR and the Fitbit Surge both have a heart rate monitor which will track not only your this but also give you a more accurate calorie burn estimation.

-Timer: On the Fitbit Charge, Charge HR you are able to use the activity mode which is basically a stop watch that will give you the stats for the time period you use it and once you sync it to your account it will show as an activity that you can later categorize for what you were actually doing. The Fitbit Surge gives you the capability of actually tracking different specific exercises from the tracker itself.

Hope you enjoy all of these cool features we have now and once again, thanks for helping us improve your experience!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.