Idle Alert

I would love to have an "Idle Alert" feature added where the device would vibrate if you've been idle for a certain length of time.

Moderator edit: Added labels.

1,041 Comments
fabFab
First Steps

I confirm that would be very useful.
So many times I've started an activity tracking & forgot to stop recording when done.
If the heart rate goes lower or if the GPS seems not moving a vibration should notify and ask if the recording should continue

jackbandy
First Steps

I was shocked to find my Charge HR did not have this feature. I'm also disappointed to find that this request has existed since 2013, and is "under consideration" without any comment from fitbit.

Hopefully we will either see it soon or receive insight from fitbit about why they're not implementing such an obvious feature!

tim_l
Jogger

Yes, please implement this! Just make it optional so that anybody who's concerned about battery life or interruptions can turn it off.

I'd really like to stick with Fitbit, but the Garmin products are getting better and better and this is one of the reasons why for me!

heleneheras
Recovery Runner

Up has this I cant believe fit bit does not............... come on this is such a benefit.......

heleneheras
Recovery Runner

Up has this I cant believe fit bit does not............... come on this is such a benefit.......

heleneheras
Recovery Runner

Cooper_E
Jogger

As someone who gets wrapped up in a book or game way too easily, I love this idea!

Actually, it made me think, why stop there? Why not have a whole customizable suite of reminders?

What do you think?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

No, no, no ...

Who needs a "smartwatch" to annoy them ...

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

No, no, no ...

Don't need a "smartwatch" to annoy me.

If this was added, it must be optional, and the ability to turn it off.

Also, battery life is already too short.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

No, no, no ...

I don't want a "smartwatch" to annoy me!

If it is added, at least make it optional, and able to turn it off!

heleneheras
Recovery Runner

Up has it as a option and you set time and what days and how often

heleneheras
Recovery Runner

I really don't understand how fit bit does not have this......................................... Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy

d4nj
Jogger
Just saw a great feature on the garmin vivofit2 . Gett up and move. If u havent moved in a certain time period it alerts you to move. That is great for those of us with desk jobs. Forst time ever i have advise someone to get a tracker that's not a fitbit. I would love that and consider it dir a future device. I wish i could do that now.
d4nj
Jogger
Would love that feature like the garmin vivofit2
Jimmy6423
First Steps

agreed - pls add idle alert

sprodell
First Steps

I work at a desk and sometimes I have a lot to do and a lot of running around, but other times I sit for long periods of time. I wish that my FitBit could vibrate any time that I've sat for XX of minutes so that I get up and move. Setting an alarm to go off every hour isn't what I want because sometimes I've just been moving around. I want it to only go off if I've been still for too long. Please make this happen!!

Kirsty92
Jogger

Yeah, I'm the same I work a desk job and this would be very useful as hours can pass before I've left my desk! 

Jeff01010100
First Steps

The fitness tracker space is getting crowded and there are few standard features that are going to be required to compete. I believe a "hey dummy, you've been sitting for too long" reminder is one of those features. Please consider adding as soon as possible.

iombie
Jogger

I had apple watch and I actually love the stand up reminder and the goal to meet. I think Surge should have something like that because many of us who work on computer often will not stand up and this will be huge benefit for us.

iombie
Jogger

Yes this will be helpful, working behind computer at office cause us to sit too long and after long hours work sitting on couch to rest this stand up reminder will kick us to stand up and move a bit and we should have stand up goal to meet daily, just like apple watch has.

ginny91
Jogger

Evidence shows that just standing up every 20 minutes is really beneficial. I would love to have my Fitbit Flex buzz every 20 minutes while I am working.

hales8181
Stepping Up
This was one of the features that almost made me buy a jawbone instead of a fitbit.
sberzai
First Steps

@Eva123 wrote:
I was under the impression that the charge hr would vibrate if you'd been inactive for too long like the polar loop does.. Will this feature come available soon? It was a big reason for me to get an activity tracker and there's no way to install such a notification, a bit disappointing.

I agree, my friend has a Jawbone and it notifies her when she has been inactive for too long. I would find this feature extremely beneficial. Does fitbit have any plans to make this a feature in the near future?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I was goi g to suggest this as well

my wife has a farming and this is a great feature

benspaul
Jogger

The Apple Watch has this and it is extremely useful! Fitbit should definitely try it out if it's not patented already!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.