Indian food database

The main objective of this product is to to track your activites and provide a dashboard of your daily intake vis-a-vis your calori burn out. Unfortunately having only a limited number food databases defeats this purpose altogether.

The FitBit products are gaining popularity the world over, and are also triggering the emergence of other competitors. Therefore at this juncture, it would be wise to include some more regional food databases. 

Since I am from India I would like to request for an Indian Food database, that would definitely make my life easier while using FitBit Flex that I currently sport.

Thanks,

Jaideep

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

47 Comments
Balu
First Steps

There is huge market for FitBit products in India, waiting to be tapped. The main roadblock is lack of Indian food database. I suggest you consider this suggestion to add Indian food database asap.

Roy_ridwan
Recovery Runner

I would rather if the database is expended to Asian food which can include Chinese, Malay, Indian,Thai etc.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
zapleahy
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

We hear you! We're always looking to expand our core offerings. 

zapleahy
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@jdsingh84 Thanks for taking the time to post your recommendation! I've gone ahead and updated the title of your suggestion to be a little more specific to your region, and to improve its visibility within the Community.

jdsingh84
Recovery Runner
@Allison....thanks Allison, do keep us posted of any food data base updates Cheers to good health!
Wizzybus
Jogger

I would like to see more whole foods listed in the app.  I do not eat at chain restaurants and do not use packaged foods much, but sometimes I cannot find individual ingredients in the food database.

mahajan
Jogger

requesting the fitbit team to make all their products availabale in india, as they would find many customers who would love to use and experience these products. I am an ardent fan of fitbit. But since i had lost the charger i was not able to use my flex for months as they dont ship their products to india. kindly look into this matter and come up with a solution as there are many who are wanting to experience this experience.

dr mahajan

Moderator Edit: All-caps

ro_ma
First Steps

The sync page should show reset for the next day or is it automatic?

Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for your suggestion! We're always working to expand our global reach. 

Status changed to: New
EmersonFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

kamalkapoor
First Steps

I am entering indian foods manually using creat a food option . It's taking time but there is no option. It'd be great if default options are given by you guys

zubair
First Steps

it will be ready good if indian food added to the database. Thanks!

zubair
First Steps

really it will be good if fitbit comes to indian market with indian food list added to it.

waiting for it..............!

prakash
First Steps

The options needed for Indian food are for vegetarian and non-vegetarian.

SathyaWP
Jogger

FitBit was officially launched yesterday in India. And, It was little dishearteing to see that there was no Indian Food Database. I'm looking forward to have this request accepted ASAP. 

mariner_sethi
First Steps

plz add Indian food database as soon as possible . thanks 🙂

Sathish
First Steps

Dear Fit Bit Team - i am loggin in my vote as well for teh Indian Food Database. With the official launch of Fitbit in India , you can expect a quantum leap in the number of users with the Indian Food Database

thanks in advance

regards

Sathish Kumar G

bharatrathaur
First Steps

I have been using MyFitnessPal to log my food. They have very good Indian food database. I would very much love to keep all in one app, preferably Fitbit :).

Bharat.

sharifhussain
First Steps

I totally agree with Jaideep. I was using 3rd Party Apps to track my calorie intake and link the same with FitBit. But now I think FitBit should consider this feature update release it soon.

Shilpa
First Steps

I agree that we need an Indian food database. However, since many of us in India also cook daily at home and eat home made food we need the following change to the Log > Food > Create a New Food page:

1. In one single page we should be able to enter all the ingredients of our recipe and Fitbit's system should calculate the nutritional facts for it, instead of us having to calculate the nutritional facts of the food we've cooked.

Please make a lot of whole foods available. 

shiva
First Steps

I am able to find few foods of my diet in US database.But still lots are missing. It would be great if Fitbit considers this soon and promotes a Indian food database. Waiting for it !!!

Premal
First Steps

Since fitbit have recently started India operations. If they wish to grow in India then its purely logical that they include Indian Food into their database.

So far theres no news & checking up with customer support, no feedback is provided. Its would be a blunder on fitbit's part to assume that users will manually keep on entering all calorie details of everything they eat.

Awaiting an updated database soon.

darshil
First Steps

I recently bought the Fitbit Charge HR and was surprised to see no Indian food database now that they r selling in India. Few of my friends were also looking to buy the band but have changed their mind because of this issue. Pls address the same as non availability of the food database clearly defeats the purpose of the band. 

Sridhar
First Steps
Option of Indian food should be present for calculating the calories
ShrutiP
First Steps

Please add Indian Food Database asap 🙂 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.