Individual "Self timer" to guided meditations list

In the Track your mindfulness category on Fitbit home screen, may I suggest you add a "self timer" option to your list of guided meditations. This feature would allow the user to set a time for how long they meditate, and do it on their own in silence, without having to listen to a guided recording. Maybe just have a nice chime when the time is up.
176 Comments
JGBVI
First Steps

Any updates on this will be added in a future update? I would use this feature daily.

Cosmono
First Steps

Please add a Self-Timer! Very strange that this simple and widely requested feature does not exist already.

ntt333
First Steps

Logging your own meditation session + syncing sessions from the Muse headband app would be awesome.
I would go premium just for these 2 features.

Steve3Tucker
First Steps

Great suggestion! When I bought my Fitbit I assumed I could track the daily meditation minutes I already practice. Really wish there was a way to do this without having to watch the videos provided. 

J.T..
First Steps
Why can’t we log meditation like exercise? What you guys call mindfulness in your tiny videos isn’t helpful at all to a serious meditator. I want to be able to log length of time and type of meditation, just like exercise. You could offer a meditation timer, too, without any talking, for those of us who already meditate specific ways.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @J.T.., we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

volks
First Steps

Hi Moderator, 

FYI you seem to have created  a circular reference. One of your feature links above refers back to this post. 

Would you instead please be able to update us on the current status and/or priority of this feature? 

You seem to put quite some effort into getting into the mindfulness market with all the video and audio content but seem to miss this low hanging fruit that is available on most meditation/mindfulness products out there. You‘ve got a huge advantage with your data capturing and processing capabilities. I‘d love for you to use it 🙂

Brownkn
First Steps

Please let us log meditation in mindfulness section for everyone adding meditation to their New Years resolutions!!!!  Logging in ex code is not helpful at all.

BradMcC92
First Steps

Yes!! Agreed. Long time meditator here. It would be nice to be able to add my sessions to the Mindfulness tab. Show changes in heart rate, heart rate variability, etc. Without putting your palm on top of the Fitbit. 

BryBub
Strider
  • G
WhiskeyLover
Jogger

I could not agree more. I have been a Fitbit user for close to 9 yrs now.
But with the takeover by Google we will have to see how long I continue to
stick with Fitbit.

In all honesty, I have already started looking at other options but have
not decided on what fits the bill yet.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

zzyyfff
First Steps

As a mediation practitioner, I should be able to log/track my silent meditations which can last well over one hour.

The current system shows that the Fitbit designers don’t quite understand what meditation is, yet. I hope you’re able to listen to your users on this one! ☺️

KAL888
Jogger

I bought FitBit mostly for:

1- steps

2- sleep quality 

3- mindfulness tracking 

Many of us have our own mindfulness practices via martial arts, yoga, meditation, visualization, chanting, somatic’s, hypnosis, tapping, nlp, emdr, ect ect ect 

how about a + option so we can add our actions please. I am happy with the Fitbit mindfulness tutorials or guided experiences but to have that as the only option means I won’t use it at all as it will appear and self send the message I’m barely mindful as I’ll only use it 1-2X a week on the app. 

pleas allow us to self add mindful self actions. Thank you. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KAL888, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to log your self mindfulness sessions with us. Two similar ideas were already requested in the Feature Suggestions board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Yukiwaru
First Steps

I can't believe that despite more than two years having elapsed and hundreds of customers demanding it, this feature has still not been implemented. I just bought my sense 2 yesterday and now I feel regretted.

Brownkn
First Steps
Agreed!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Oli131313
Recovery Runner

I would also like this and would use it daily. Would like it best if it was part of the "relax" app. Just to be able to set a time right on my wrist, have it buzz at the beginning, buzz at the end. Then logged that I've meditated and maybe show my heart rate before and after. Great if I can do it all from my wrist and never take out the phone.

SD68
Stepping Up
Yes that sounds perfect.

Sent from my iPhone
nursetess
Jogger

Any update on when this (simple) update will happen? We've been able to manually track exercise for YEARS, why would meditation not also be manually trackable?

rottenshark
Jogger

Still waiting

Sethski
First Steps

Please do implement this. It's a frustrating omission that there's been demand for from many users for years.

xyayapx
First Steps

This feature should be added.

eidolonis
Jogger

Yes please!  I often meditate using the Calm app or with no guidance at all. It would be great to be able to add these to Fitbit. Neither manually after the meditation has ended, or possibly with an “start / stop” manual entry method. 

MK2005
Jogger

I would love to have a meditation timer in the app, so that it would be possible to have silent meditations that can count as mindful exercise. I would be really happy if it would be possible if we could log meditation sessions manually. Than a timer is not really needed. 

simonvuo
Jogger

Just brought a Charge 6 and feel very disappointed for not able to do self timer on meditation.

It's been years that so many user has the same requested and Fitbit do nothing with it.

If I know this in advance, I shall choose another product. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.