Integrate Libby by Overdrive App to Fitbit App Gallery

While an Audible app would be great, that's still a paid service.  Overdrive Media's Libby App allows users to listen to audiobooks from public libraries.  There's an iPhone app that is terrific but it would be fantastic to be able to download and control audiobooks using the Libby app on the fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

6 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly!

Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Alice74
Stepping Up

I would like to suggest as a future enhancement to include compatibility to be able to listen to audio books from Overdrive and Chirp.  

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Alice74, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Alice74
Stepping Up

Thank you, Edson.  I sent a message to Chirp with the link to the fitbit app dev link you provided on Dec 4th, 2019...will do the same with Overdrive right now.  Thanks much!  Alice

jonette359
First Steps

I really would like to see an app for audiobooks. Audible, chirp, or something Similar. The music feature is nice, but I would much rather listen to audiobooks. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @jonette359, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about developing an app for audiobooks. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.