Integrate with Google Assistant

I would love it if my Fitbit could connect to my Google Assistant to help log items like food or water . Even if I'm home I'd love for Google to tell me it's time to move . I also would like the female health tracking to get a slight improvement. For instance , the app predicts the period , but if it's wrong I want to let it know and stop getting reminders that my period is almost done when in reality I'm not on my period. Check out my period calendar (the app with the flower on it and that's what the app is actually called) it allows the user to log that the prediction was incorrect then intuitively adjusts to predict actuals based on history. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and Labels

47 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Pamela_Gia.

Thanks for sharing your idea. I am sure that users of Google Assistant would appreciate being able to integrate it with Fitbit.

Let's see what other users have to say about it.

Lori3940
First Steps

I purchased my Fitbit to join my Employers Activity Group and know others who did as well.  This was a great feature and should be added back.  It kept alot of us motivated. 

Suzette-W
Keeping Pace

PLEASE PLEASE bring back the community activity groups with the activity group leaderboard.  Without this feature, a Fitbit is not nearly as motivating nor desirable.  This feature kept me from going to Garmin, Apple or Fossil.

kupdegraff96
Jogger

I agree!!! It would be SO helpful if I could add food or water intake by using my Google home. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pamela_Gia  and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration! 😊

jrteeter03
First Steps

With the release of the Versa 2, we are now able to communicate with one of the most popular voice assistants, Alexa, a large part of this community is excited about the integration. However, not everyone is a fan of Alexa, and or may use a different service due to all their information being tied to it (Google Assistant is known for this.)

Fitbit owners care about their health and fitness and that is why they chose this amazing platform and community and company in order to be able to meet and exceed their health goals. What this company is doing is absolutely amazing and we love them for that. We chose them over the Apple Watch, Google Wear Watches, Samsung Galaxy Watch, as we care deeply about our health and what this platform offers us. But allowing for other voice assistants would be able to grow the community even larger and get more people into caring for their health.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jrteeter03, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the integration with other voice assistants, particularly Google assistant. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently Under Consideration.

This helps maintain the Community and the Feature Suggestion board more organized. Regarding Cortana and Bixby, as you included in the tittle, I recommend that you post an separate idea for each of them if they haven't been posted yet, so the team can continue to track popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for sharing your ideas! 

Dtencza
First Steps

Please Integrate with Google asap, I'm waiting for that feature before upgrading.  Thx!

Avsynthe
Jogger

I'm in total support of this. I have never and most likely will never use an AI assistant other than Google Now/Assistant.

Its crazy thought that this request is marked as "Under Consideration" but the suggestion from early 2017 with nearly 300 votes is still marked as "Not Planned"

Thought I'd Consolidate the Google Assistant suggestions bellow:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/works-with-google-home/idi-p/1826774

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-Google-Assistant-on-Versa-2/idi-p/3645146

terry.lee
Jogger

So this is my thought/stance on this matter. 

A bit of background about me, I'm a 30 Year old Network engineer that dabbles in almost everything IoT related. I've been using fitbit products for a few years and I really like them, I do not need android wear, and Garmin does have products that are competitive although I am happy with fitbit, I am sure many other users feel this same way. With that being said, fitbit is not an Amazon company and fitbit currently acting exclusive to Amazon Alexa is extremely troubling for many us. You are telling us to choose this eco system to continue utilizing fitbit. 

You may think it would be unlikely that users would see it this way as it is solely an additional feature on top of the current featureset. Although a feature like this which can be utilized for home automation, for speech to text and etc... many are not ok with having alexa on their device, although some are. 

In the market, Roku excels over firestick by market share and number of supported channels do to them being a neutral party and providing neutral content without bias. Bias kills sales, prime examples are the firestick, the chromecast, apple tv, android tv. And out of all of these mentioned companies, as stated previously... the company on top is the one with no bias and who is able to support the most. 

I currently have a fitbit versa and I like it, but I really want a versa 2. Gorilla Glass 3, AMOLED display, longer battery life, potentially better tracking, bigger screen. And Alexa. 

I was almost going to order it regardless of alexa, but having the 1 button instead of 3, having the watch be a part of my workouts and being integrated with alexa. I don't want to install Alexa on my mobile device, and I don't want to use Alexa on anything, that is 100 percent incompatible with my ecosystem, and like many others I feel left out from Fitbit's current plans. I am ready to buy the Versa 2, but it will be incompatible with my home, with my devices, with my eco system, and all in all, it's incompatible with me. 

I think that you should take a look at yourself as a company and decide whether you're a company that's providing devices for everyone or only for a select crowd, because at the end of the day that is what it really comes down to. 

Allyson7
First Steps

I did not purchase the new versa 2 for the reason it is not compatible with google  assistant  

I do not wish to have another account set up - amazon - I'd rather either wait a bit until it comes out with google assistant or after 5 years being a fitbiter, just purchase something else.

flyheart831
First Steps

I love my fitbit I currently have but I have been noticing more and more I am not getting my notifications like I was when I first got it. I was considering getting me and my daughter both a Fitbit Versa but I would prefer it to be able to connect to my Google Home Network I have set up. I know this probably won't happen before Christmas which may be an issue with me upgrading. 

Dtencza
First Steps
Ditto!
spen
First Steps

adding another comment about how great it would be to have google assistant (especially since i actively dislike alexa)

ph0tiC
First Steps

I'm looking for a Transflective display smartwatch that also has google assistant. 

This watch came so close to being purchased... except i have to use Alexa??? really? Please get Google Assistant. 

flyheart831
First Steps
I don't use alexa. I would like it to be with Google with everyone asking
you would think they would find a way to make this happen.
NoReason
Jogger

Please make sure features that connect with external devices include the ability to disable them. Those devices have notoriously weak Cybersecurity practices and your protection of my information is of primary importance. 

AnyNames
First Steps

I agree with the request. it is unthinkable that a user cannot use home automation in the home set with Google Home because it is not compatible with fitbit. I wanted to buy Versa2, but when I discovered this I thought better of it. It's a big gap. Compatibility with Google, both as an account and as a Google home is FUNDAMENTAL.

flyheart831
First Steps
My Daughter and I both want to get a new fitbit. If I get her one for
Christmas will it be able to be updated with Google Compatibility at a
later date?
Jotaku
First Steps

I love this idea, and it could work even better now that google have bought fitbit. There wont be much legal drama

MissGabby
First Steps

Hello I'm new to the Google home community and all but i have been with Google for three years now and it would be amazing if I could connect Fitbit to my Google home to remind me to move and to log food and water and when I have made my step goal also it would be nice to get other Fitbit notifications through Google home I love this idea I'm not a fan of alexa I like me Google home.

Avsynthe
Jogger

Good news everyone! We're all going to get exactly what we want, because Google just announced that they're buying Fitbit! 😱🎉

Check theink! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/11/1/20943318/google-fitbit-acquisit...

Doug_Wilson
First Steps

I am doing research now in purchasing smart watches. The Alexa integration is the one feature driving me toward Samsung, which is sad to say but true.  The previous comment above is spot on. The choice of supporting only 1 ecosystem creates incompatibility with all other ecosytems - and their customers.  That is a risky choice to make and will not pay off for Fitbit.  Even given the announcement from google, it would be wise to allow all ecosytems to work on the platform.  In short - please add google assistant - it is the last thing standing between many customers buying these devices!

NewbisFB
Tempo Runner

Yes, google assistant integration is a no brainer for adding water intake, exercise and requesting stat's.

Please add it. The Amazon fitbit system integration is not great and frankly after using both voice systems for a lengthy period I would say Google's assistant is arguably better, in some key areas and equal or almost on par in most other areas than amazon and I'm in the process of phasing out Amazon in my house

LadyFushia
First Steps

I just wanted t come in and agree with everyone asking for Google Assistant integration.

Due a to a traumatic brain injury my local brain injury association is loaning me a Google Home. That is the only kind of j’me voice system they provide. I just recently got a FitBit and I truly love it. Please consider working on a Google integration.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.