Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
Dall74
First Steps

I would love to see Fitbit and Apple Watch working together. 

I would happily pay a subscription fee or outright payment equal to a tracker to access this. 

Missing Fitbit since getting an Apple Watch 😢

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would appreciate being able to sync my Fitbit to my Apple Health App. It would be the perfect addition to both items. 

Maddz311
First Steps

Definitely want this!!!

scatteredthings
Recovery Runner

I'm done following this thread. I've made my feelings clear and my Apple Watch and I are in a healthy and stable relationship now. FitBit is but a distant memory. So long folks!

TomTTS
First Steps

I just got a Charge 2.  I opted to get this instead of an Apple Watch.

I just what the Fitbit does and not all the other stuff.

What is sorely missing is the integration to the iOS Health app.

I paid $3.99 for the MyFitnessSync app.  It does not work very well.

Bottom line -- there are many people buying these apps to sync to Health.

The integration is no longer a nicety; it is a requirement.

DavichMcGray
First Steps

Good day!  has there been any progress on integrating the FitBit app with Apple Healthkit?   I just joined the Fitbit community recently, and am very surprised that this is not already a feature.  It just seems like a big miss in todays age of connectivity. 

Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

wildoit
Jogger

I too would like to use apple health with fitbit data, please implement this app. Thanks. 

Acasperw
First Steps

It's 2017 already! Integrate it 

imhopeful4ever
First Steps

Since 2014 people have been requesting this compatibility, yet it is still only under consideration.  I can't help but wonder how many have or are considering switching to a new brand that is compatible. if for no other reason than emergency situations, this compatibility would be a good plan.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Stetup my Fitbit Blaze and started using it today. I am surprised that the app does not integrate with Apple HealthKit. I would find this useful. Many free fitness apps I've tried and still use integrate. 

Rowrowrow
First Steps

Hi! I love my Fitbit charge 2 but really want to see my steps and other health data in apple health. Please do this.

for example, I have a Fitbit aria scale as well!

i will leave Fitbit if we do not get Apple health soon.

sarigibson
Jogger
Yes I been trying to months now I don't know how they can listen to people
choices but they aren't do so I love my fitbit but some friends on Iwatch I
would like to see they steps to challenge them for motive me to move more
anders23454
First Steps

+1 Just installed FitBit and realized it cannot sync. Shame on you FitBit, fix it or loose a customer.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Great idea

Deliany
First Steps

I also would like to see integration(syncing) with Apple Health in Fitbit iOS app

Tntide
First Steps

I have been a long time wearer.
I recently received the Apple Watch. Currently, the health data will not import to the app/challenges. Is there something in the works to where there could be crossover integration. I'd gladly pay licensing to not need 2 devices for the same end result.

Amandalia
Recovery Runner
So this is what I think we all need to do..... developers can't stand negative feedback in the App Store. Maybe if we don't give the Fitbit app 5 stars they'll be forced to listen to what we are proposing here.

Sent from my iPhone
Thespone
Stepping Up

Please integrate! What could it hurt? Fitbit shares are down. Fitbit earnings are down. Fitbit is about to cut 6 percent of its workforce. Not pleasing customers doesn't seem to be working. The Fitbit Charge 2 is my first Fitbit product. If there's no change, it will be my last. But then maybe that won't be up to me. Fitbit might not be around anyway.

Mikey1234
Base Runner

A bunch of us got together two years ago, and did just that. We all gave the app one star ratings. Nothing changed.

Their profits are down, and they just announced a new round of layoffs. They are being squeezed with the lower price of some apple watch models. I used to be very loyal to fitbit. The reason why they don’t integrate with apple is that they make more money selling your data than they do on selling you their hardware. Apple also has stronger privacy policies that Fitbit does not currently meet. This is a dead horse!!! Get off of it before it really starts smelling. Vote with your wallet!!

Tnews
Jogger
I would buy an Apple Watch if the battery lasted longer. According to what I've read 18 hrs. Depending on settings until they can match or better Fitbit battery life I reckon I'll have to live with it not writing to apple health

Sent from my iPad
Sunflowa20
First Steps

I am a firm Fitbit supporter but have been given an apple watch2. This is hugely helpful for work since I can reply to emails and texts from the watch. I'm often on the go or in meetings. For excercising I use my Fitbit surge. It would be great if the Fitbit app and the health app could fully sync so I can participate in challenges in the Fitbit app. 

barlow
Stepping Up

How is this still not a thing?  Come on fitbit, make this happen

Ladymcquaid
Jogger

Why use a Fitbit if it can't do the basic functions like integrate? Thinking of switching to the Apple watch if this isn't fixed soon. This is basically an expensive pedometer. 

shawnco
First Steps

Switched to the Apple watch this weekend...after spending a few days with it, it offers a lot more than fitbit. The only thing I miss is being able to participate in fitbit bit challenges with my friends. I was initially worried about the battery life but those worries have all but gone away. It lasts at least two days without any charging and the charging I have done is while I am in the shower.

I made the decision as Fitbit is clearly not going to offer better integration with iOS. Fitbit's announcement of huge layoffs and financial issues only made me feel more comfortable with my decision. With these types of announcements, it is even more unlikely Fitbit will spend the resources to have real integration with any platform other than their own.

In my opinion, the Apple watch does a better job at tracking just about every metric Fitbit does (although there were a couple of days of frustration as I figured out this new device and software). It is significantly better at heartrate tracking (the Apple watch is almost exactly what my heartrate strap says when I work out), it appears to track calorie burns a little more accurately (although this may be debatable) it has better notifications, and it has more functions (like being able to respond to a text message and/or email). What Fitbit did do for me is introduce me to the benefits of an activity tracking device - unfortunately for Fitbit, it was ultimately a stepping stone to a product that better integrates to the other devices I use everyday.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Is it me or did they actually HIDE this suggestion? Clicking on "Status: Under Consideration" brings up all suggestions "under consideration". Now sort them by "Top".

The first one is about "Reminders to move..." with 2940 votes. NOT this one with 4311 votes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.