Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
vle045
Runner

Yes, I agree.  I've been playing around with Sync Solver which works, if you want to stop at getting info to Health, but it doesn't work if you are hoping for Health to send it to another app whch would normally read Health.

ejp425385
First Steps

Fitbit please integrate the apple watch/health app in with fitbit. I miss doing challenges through the fitbit app! 

mkcraft
Stepping Up

+1 Absolutely needed.

CanCihan
First Steps

Needed 

zyq112
First Steps

Definitely +1

DemetriusM
First Steps

I'm buying two as I'm writing this but would buy more for my friends and family if this was integrated with apple health kit. 

vle045
Runner

Well right now I feel kind of silly.  I've been buying these sync solver apps to get my Fitbit steps in the Health app so that Health can send them to Jawbone UP.  I JUST realized that I can manually input my steps into Health and it will send them to Up with no problem.  While it's not really automatic, I can live with jotting i in there before bed.   I really like the insights in the Jawbone app which is why I was trying to get my steps sent there too. And Health writes to Jawbone.  So now I can get all the Fitbit app features AND keep my insights I have gotten used to in 

RB_India
First Steps

I would love to see my fitbit syncing to Health app on Iphone.

Shanshu
First Steps
My IOS Health app sends health data to my Health Care Record that my doctor has access to.

It's very annoying that I have had to pay for an app to sync the steps, stairs and other important information to my health care record so my doctor can check on my progress.

Had I realized the implications of not being able to integrate I would have waited and saved up for an Apple Watch instead.

Sent from my iPhone
Dsing
First Steps

This needs to be implemented, I'm shocked it wasn't done as soon as HealthKit was available!!

nitishv
Jogger

Yes, please integrate FitBit data with Apple Health kit...

enyaam
Stepping Up

I'm surprised fitbit does not grace all the users that request this feature with a response. I suggest we all mention this on Amazon reviews or contact bloggers to write about that, maybe then they would decide to do something about this. 

DerekEpstein
Jogger

Please integrate better with other technology, your so closed off from other technology that it's painful. Don't be as controlling as apple with technology. In addition integrate pebble into your app 

anieto24
First Steps

still waiting on FITBIT to intergrate ios health!

EricJilot
Stepping Up

It's ridiculous that FITBIT is still refusing to integrate with third party medical platforms. To the point that they stopped supporting Microsoft's HealthVault. Fitbit only tracks a small part of the health data that I collect. They once allowed users to collect both Glucose and Blood Pressure data with in the Fitbit dashboard. Unfortunately they have since removed that feature. I personally collect data from a Kensa thermometer. As well as Blood Pressure, Blood Oxygen Level, and a number of data point using the iHealth Core scale. Plus the sleep data I get from my Eight Mattress cover, which is far more accurate then the sleep data I get from Fitbit. All this data is currently stored in Apple's HealthKit. I also store it in Microsoft's HealthVault because it support medical documents, scans and x-rays, and test results as well as the data from my various devices. If it were not for my company giving me my Charge 2 at an unreal discount, I would not have purchased a FITBIT device.

AwesomeChelsea
First Steps

Would be nice to have actual integration. I have a Fitbit but I am constantly wearing my Apple Watch.

zacheagle
Recovery Runner
+1 +1 +1 +1 to what @EricJilot just said. This is the exact reason we are all on here clamoring for Fitbit to integrate with Apple Health. Fitbit = only PART of the health picture. Apple Health and Microsoft HealthVault = COMPLETE picture of health (when companies allow integration). Bravo!
vle045
Runner

I just found this applet on IFTTT which is supposed to get Fitbit steps to Up which then gets them to HealthKit.  I'm going to give it a try...   https://ifttt.com/applets/48556600d-fitbit-to-healthkit-via-up

Chowwow
First Steps

Not sure why fit bit would not allow this!

Jbgator777
First Steps

I've been trying, cannot work it out for IFTTT to UP purple icon to Apple Health. May have to follow a certain protocol to get them to play nice. 

Does someone know exact steps. I do not have an Up for the Blue icon to link with. 

vle045
Runner

I've been running the IFTTT applet for a few days.  It appears that all it does is log it as basically a status.  It's not putting it in the actual stats where they go.  😞    So I have gone back to looking at my steps on my fitbit at the end of the day and manually putting it in to HealthKit.   (Then HealthKit sends it to UP - which is where I want the steps because I love their daily insights.  The app is superior to anything I have used.  Too bad they aren't making new trackers and customer service seems to have fallen off the face of the earth)

msbranka
Jogger

There is a way to connect Fitbit with Apple Health app. Through mynetdiary.com app I use MyNetDiary app to track food and let Fitbit write the info about my activity there. I connect Apple Health withMyNetDiary.. and all my fitbit activity is in apple Health app.

EricJilot
Stepping Up

There are a number of way to get your data from FitBit. It's just that they are work arounds and not the same as native support.

vle045
Runner

Thanks MsBranka.  I might give that a shot... especially if it works automatically and without a fee.  I've paid for two apps that work, but not the way I would like them to.  So my best option is to manually enter it at night before bed every. single. day.

Nos402
First Steps

I have to say I find it pretty ludicrous that Fitbit doesn't integrate with HealthKit. I am about to join many others in ditching my fitbit after many years because of this lack of integration. It's a shame because it love my Fitbit and think it's one of the best options but this lack of integration seems a major oversight. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.