Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
j-beda
Jogger

>As they seem to be ignoring this thread so I've tried to bring it to their attention more publicly via Twitter: https://twitter.com/kmcoulson/status/875605837657513984

I don't have a Twitter account, but that seems like a great idea. I see you have one retweet and two "likes", so maybe some more of that would be good for anyone with an account.

>Maybe we should all leave a 1* review in the app store, with the mention "doesn't support iOS Health" 😞 

That I can do. So I found the Fitbit app in iTunes in the App Store, and clicked on the Reviews link and hit the "Write a Review" button. With only 128 ratings currently, it would not take a whole lot to significantly impact the overall score.

KingKourt23
Stepping Up

would like this feature to sync with my iPhone. 

CJHall
Jogger

Why has this integration still not happened?

matthewpersico
First Steps
The app helps sell their hardware. They won't make enough money just
selling the app. That's the problem.

--
Matthew O. Persico
RLRichmond
Jogger

Just purchased a Fitbit Blaze 2...  I guess i thought hat if Fitbit had a product and advertised that it works on IOS that they would at least make it work with IOS native apps....  Please make my Blaze 2 work with IOS HealthKit!

Mct133
First Steps

Don't worry everyone, Apple is the new Microsoft. Pretty soon their app will be as great as the Fitbit app and it will probably accept data from all sorts of devices, including Fitbits 😜 Fitbit will slowly fade away because they couldn't figure out how to keep their customers happy by integrating all sources of data.   I've purchased at least 10 Fitbit devices,  but the hardware does not compare to Apple Watch. How can Fitbit, the majority of whose customers are probably using Apple products, think that their customers will choose the Fitbit ecosystem over the Apple ecosystem?!?  If you are going to dance with the elephant, don't be surprised when he steps on you. P.S. I just got an Apple Watch and while I enjoyed the Fitbit app, it's not enough to keep me from giving away my Fitbit. I would pay a small fee to use the app with my Apple Watch, though. Don't take too long, Fitbit - Apple's app is coming!

Kreldridge720
First Steps

Would love my Fitbit flex to sync with my Apple iwatch as well... please make this happen!!!!

InevitableTruth
First Steps

Really????

I'm staggered! Confounded! Dumb struck! 

In 2017 when a £23 fitness tracker from China can sync my sleep pattern with Apple Health data.

But a £69+ fitbit can't?

I didn't bother checking before I bought one because I (wrongly) assumed it would. 

Still struggling to understand why?

Might be a deal breaker for me.... 

Captlou
First Steps
This is a great idea
Captlou
First Steps
This is a great idea
BOBAIR
First Steps

How is this not yet a feature? I have to assume there's some reason Apple hasn't allowed it? Uggg

Mikey1234
Base Runner
This is about Fitbit not Apple. The program API's are out there for anyone to use Apple Health.

Sent from my iPhone
frazzydee
Stepping Up

@InevitableTruthReturn it before it's too late! I made the mistake of keeping mine and it's been sitting in my drawer unused for over a year. I am still quite pathetically subscribed to this thread in case something changes, which it won't.

dannydd
Jogger

I just got a Fitbit blaze.  Aside from several issues setting up, I think I like it; however, I was dumb founded that it does not sync with the IOS health app.  Actually, to my surprise, I found it incompatible (or not fully compatible) with many health apps I used (i.e. mapmyrun).  I'm really considering taking it back.  Come on Fitbit...get it it gear!

dannydd
Jogger

It still says this is under consideration, and with this many votes it should be at the top of the list by like 2000+ votes; however, it's not listed at the top or anywhere. Is Fitbit trying to hide the most requested feature for some reason?

Gaddie
First Steps

I too would LOVE to see Fitbit and apple health sync.

RLRichmond
Jogger

Hmmm, well I guess I would put more interest into what your customers are asking for instead of what you have been doing for YEARS.

Its obvious to me that maybe you have no interest in doing what people are asking for because you see Apple HealthKit is a direct competitor.

I personally have one Fitbit Alta, one Fitbit Charge 2, Fitbit Aria, three Windows 10 PC's, two iPads, one iPad Pro one iPhone 5, one iPhone 6S Plus, one 7 Plus and a 24 inch iMac.

As you can see I prefer Apple devices.  The NEW apple watches are starting to add the health features of a Fitbit.

Maybe the next Health device I will buy will be a new Apple Watch...................

j-beda
Jogger

I see that in iTunes, the Fitbit iPhone app is starting to collect one-star reviews due to the lack of Health app syncing. If everyone who voted or commented here gave a review there it would certainly be more public than comments on this thread which seems to be hidden to most viewers.

Maverick2505
Jogger

I use Fitbit Blaze and would like the Fitbit-iOS health information to sync together. Currently fitbit does not track swimming which apple watch does. In addition while i love the Fitbit app, I also do want to maintain updated information in iOS health app. It does track a lot more information such as medication/ health conditions etc. 

After so many years (3 years of feedback) I would expect your team would be putting some development effort on that. I already see the FitBit Fitstar app is integrated to iOS health, so dont see why Fitbit app data could not.

Frippe2
First Steps

Please fix Health app syncing for fitbit now, thank you!

JamesSam
First Steps

Constantly putting weight, bmi, and body fat % into apple HealthKit from my aria scales as I have many other products feeding into it, would be a much better experience if the app could do this itself like so many others do... looks like it won't happen as this stream been under consideration for years now and others on the market offering this feature, but would be so much more convenient to users.

Captlou
First Steps
I am looking at getting a new digital scale and really want to get the Aria but will now buy a Withthings or Garmin scale. Too bad FitBit doesn't seem to care.
HopefulRunner
Recovery Runner

IF (IFTTT) has added Apple Health support, so you can use IF to get activity summaries and weight to HealthKit now. 

Kaizerone
First Steps

This is a no-brained and should have been done long ago. I recently "upgraded" to Fitbit from a cheap $10 tracker and that integrated perfectly with Apple Health. Come on Fitbit you got the funds to make this happen by now 

Vhaira
First Steps

I was so excited to get my first Fitbit. But now I'm thoroughly disappointed. I'm not sure why this integration hasn't happened yet and I'm almost considering returning the device. I use my apple HealthKit a lot and I'd like it to reflect my information from my Fitbit. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.