Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
Ben3Ben3
Jogger
I am refering to the sync between fitbit and Apple Health. Since I can't post in this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-with-iOS-Health/idi-p/319432/
I totally understand that you want to promote your own ecosystem and push your subscriptions. Just enable synching for premium users only. Implementing such a...
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Ben3Ben3, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to sync with the Apple Health app. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote.

While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

JulesHVa
Jogger
It’s been seven years, at least, since users started to ask for this. Will I ever be able to sync my Fitbit to Health? Concrete answer from Fitbit, please. If it isn’t happening, I don’t think I will replace this Fitbit when it dies.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JulesHVa, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to sync with iOS Health with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post hereThis will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

DineshNamdev
First Steps
Dear team, I recently bought my first fitbit and can’t be more disappointed to see the sheer negligence for 3rd party health ecosystem. No one wants to keep health data in isolation as it defeats the purpose. Kindly add apple health, google fit and nike health app sync features so that we could use fitbit’s data with choice of app ecosystem.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DineshNamdev, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for your feedback and participation in Feature Suggestions.

Wandringncrcles
First Steps
Fitbit is still it allowing integration
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Wandringncrcles, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of integrating Fitbit with iOS Health. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community.

Attiar
First Steps
Please allow syncing of mindfulness minutes to my apple health on iPhone
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Attiar, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about connecting with iOS Health. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Weaam
First Steps
I can't understand why you cancel such an important feature! When Google acquired fitbit everything changed، we need to share our information with HEALTH app in the iPhone please return that’s feature.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Weaam, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to sync with iOS Health. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

In the meantime, you can take a moment to check this information: Tips to sync Fitbit data with Apple Health.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Elbot
Stepping Up
The ability to link the Fitbit app and data it holds to the Apple Fitness App. So number of steps, heart rate stats, sleep etc
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Elbot, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about to sync with iOS Health. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsClick on the thumbs-up to show your support.

In the meantime, you can take a moment to check this information: Tips to sync Fitbit data with Apple Health. And vote for this other request: If Apple Health integration is not planned, allow 3rd party devs. access to data on hourly basis.

Danins88
Jogger
Please allow forge FitBit app to sync data to the Apple Health app.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Danins88, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to integrate Fitbit data to Apple Health app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.