Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @musictechguy , thank you for your idea. As this suggestion already exists I moved it here. Please don't forget to leave your kudos for it. 

Tristan0
First Steps
We realise Fitbitnisna competitor to Apple but your business model is your problem. Users want one place they can integrate all their data, and that place isn't the fitbit app, no matter how many partnerships you add (who even uses these?)
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tristan0, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see integrate with iOS Health. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Tlrog113
First Steps
Please allow direct integration with Apple Health. People should be able to switch between devices and keep consistent health information
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Tlrog113. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about integrating Fitbit with Apple Health with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Inthezoo
Jogger
I have been a daily meditator for years and use several different apps for different meditations. I would love to see fitbit log my time so I wouldn’t have to switch over to apple health app. Just sync it like the hidrate app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Inthezoo, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync with Health App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

RohitDhawan
Jogger
I would like to understand if there is a reason for Fitbit not considering to integrate Fitbit data with Apple Health app. The main post seems to have over 9K votes More than 4.5 K comments. And its a discussion that began in 2014. Yet the last status update to "Not Consider" it was in 2017. It feels extremely disrespectful as a customer.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RohitDhawan, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of integrating Fitbit with Apple Health. As you already mentioned, this feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. There is no specific period of time to know if an idea will be implemented in the future; make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

OreinaO
First Steps
I love your wearable products and dislike the iWatch. I wish you all would sync with apple health. It’s really putting your users at a disadvantage. Many of my apps don’t have integration with your app but integrate with apple health. If you would just sync with health, then this issue would be resolved. I don’t want to have to use my iWatch.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @OreinaO, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to sync your Fitbit data to Apple Health with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Mangel88
First Steps
Guys this is reticules that after 4-5 years you have not managed to do this. I am seriously considering to just stop using fitbit, you are clearly targeting being a second/third rate product such as Android by ignoring Apple, but that is maybe your intention. If this is not fixed i will stop using and buying Fitbit, which to me is looking more like
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mangel88, thanks for sharing your feedback about having the option to connect with iOS Health. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
You’ve heard it before. I realize that this request is going to be merged with this one https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-with-iOS-Health/idi-p/319432, because that seems to be the dump for these requests. Fact is that your devices will also end up in garbage dumps if you constantly ignore user requests like this.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to sync your Fitbit data with Apple Health with us. I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Your feedback is truly appreciated and we'll keep tracking this request, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

frogspawn6
First Steps
Fitbit really needs to be able to synch with Apple iPhone health app! I am in a walking group to help my nephew with cancer and they have decided to use the Stepup app which syncs with the Apple health app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @frogspawn6, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to sync with Apple Health app. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

gi0npier0
Jogger
fitbit products should be recognised as health tracker devices on apple products, not only as system notification shared devices.

[without third-party apps]
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gi0npier0, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of integrating Fitbit with Apple Health. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. There is no specific period of time to know if an idea will be implemented in the future; make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Integrate Fitbit data with Apple Heath
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing this suggestion about integrating Fitbit with Apple Health with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

acf2121
First Steps
I'm new to Fitbit and given it's 2022 I didn't even think to check if Fitbit syncs with Apple Health, just assumed it did, my bad! I've read all the articles about the workarounds and why Fitbit won't do it because they are direct competitors with Apple. I can't believe people pay for another thing because Fitbit refuses to build a better product.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @acf2121, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of integrating Fitbit with Apple Health. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. There is no specific period of time to know if an idea will be implemented in the future; make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Nick255
First Steps
FitBit data should be automatically synced with Apple Health without required third-party apps.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nick255, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to sync with Apple Health. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.