Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
dannydd
Jogger
Thanks for putting this together...I signed it.
akweimer
First Steps

Please add this, I love the fitbit app but also love my apple watch, I need them to work together, I would even pay a small monthly fee to make this happen!

hpblair
Jogger

It should be Apple health and Samsung health not Apple health and Google fit, Google fit is not the default fitness app on Samsung, Samsung health is

Loulabell76
First Steps
I've signed and posted to Facebook

Fingers crossed it works

Get Outlook for iOS
kmcoulson
First Steps

Share this tweet if you're on Twitter. They replied quite quickly to it but with a typically none committal response. 

https://twitter.com/kmcoulson/status/875605837657513984

Ichobmw
First Steps

I am new to this, but i am sure that all iphone users would love to see this app

be able to integrate with health app

Thanks

LeanSprint
First Steps

I would love for Fitbit to sync with HealthKit, and to allow the proper exporting of data (e.g. heart rate right down to 15s intervals if possible.) I bought the device, rather naively thinking that all the features lauded would be integrated with the devices they run on.

Unfortunately, I can't return the device now so I will have to wait, or sell it. However, this has made me reconsider buying the devices as gifts, or recommending it to others: many people buy these devices as they are interested in monitoring certain metrics and would thus think that after spending £120+ they can use their own information caputured from their device e.g. heart rate info for a GP, or even such info for a fitness personal trainer.

P.S. First time poster, bought the thing yesterday Smiley Sad

jmcwilliams84
First Steps

I can't believe it's been THREE YEARS and 5400 votes and this still isn't a thing??! Time to switch to an Apple Watch. 

Americandwnunda
First Steps

This would be really nice for my new Alta HR to sync with the apple health app. 

meistersteph
First Steps

Three years and counting, and still nothing. You really don't get it. I've given up on Fitbit compatibility with iOS Health.

jamin100
First Steps

Oh dear oh dear... 
Fitbit - you should really have this sorted by now, even if it means charging apple users a fee for the watch app or even a monthly subscription . . .

meistersteph
First Steps
That is what I thought too. The Fitbit dashboard is a great product and they should monetize it by making it compatible with other band and smart watch makes.

I have an Apple Watch and would like to send its data to the Fitbit dashboard so that I can get progress reports and share with my Fitbit friends.

Cheers!
ST_sg
First Steps

Have been using jawbone up3 for 2 years. Today just got myself AltaHR. Bit of surprise fitbit apps missing the integration piece with Apple Health kit. I wear apple watch for daily tracking whereas AltaHR best suits to track my sleep at night.

Above works for me with UP3 and really really hope that fitbit developer make the health kit works. 

Thank you!

AltaHR 

AbhishekJain
First Steps

Please get iOS Heatlh synced with Fitbit

hpblair
Jogger

If you want Fitbit to sync to Apple Health  but it won't there's an app called Powder Sync which syncs Fitbit directly to Apple health

Josek
Jogger

There are now 188 pages and thousands of comments but Fitbit chooses still to hide this discussion from the list of most wanted features. To those who recently bought a Fitbit device in the expectation of syncing with Apple Health, send it back to where you bought it from.  it is clear that Fitbit are not going to do anything about syncing anytime soon.  The suspected reason is that Apple have strict data protection requirements and Fitbit want to be able to use your data for their own purposes and to make money out of it.  That should be enough to cause some worry.

For those who want their Apple Watches to sync with the Fitbit dashboard, that is a completely different issue and NOT what this discussion is about.  Personally I don't see the point of that but it should be another thread anyway, this is about syncing a Fitbit to Apple Health, just like other device manufacturers do.

So, dump your Fitbits and don't be shy about spreading the word about why you did it.  Fitbit will go the way of Sony Betamax if they don't get on board.

hpblair
Jogger

If you want to sync to apple health app once again you can use the Power Sync app but if you've bought the fit bit flex two and are allergic to latex if you haven't reacted to  The armband yet you will eventually because I had mine for 2 to 3 months and after replacing the tracker I started reacting to it

Saraht627
First Steps

Pleaseeee integrate ASAP

wealthychef
Base Runner

Please reconsider and act on this.  Apple's Health app is core for many of us that use multiple devices and it gives a hub for all my health data.  You don't have to reinvent the sharing wheel -- just plug into Health Kit.  It's not that hard, there must be some politics at work here.  

Yella09
Jogger

I was told by the Fitbit support team (via twitter) to suggest my idea. It would really like and it would be nice if my Fitbit would sync up with the iOS health app. 

It would also be nice if Fitbit could do personal reminders/ notifications instead of just alarms. This way I could set a reminder that says workout, or an alarm that says to eat an apple and things like that. 

Thank you for your time if you read this 🙂 

Moderator edit: Labels

Deanne40
First Steps

I've just received an Alta HR from my son for an early birthday present. We were both Very disappointed the App doesn't sync with Apple HealthKit!!
COME ON Fitbit!! Give us the integration!! 

Bigchief39
First Steps

I would love for Fitbit to work with ihealth. If not soon I will be leaving with Fitbit. Nothing but issues since day one with fitbit. 

KayKat31
First Steps

Has there been any news on this possible integration?

kelvin-w
First Steps

support!

can't wait for it !

@so-rich wrote:

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

I use fitbit's app for everything, but I like all of my apps to be able to talk together, especially because I use my fitbit mostly for reminders and sleeping.  It's weird that it doesn't sync to the apple health. I currently use a app that relays the information between them. I'm  also tired of having a very masculine band (the black) with the silver frame. If the other difference between the bands are the length, why can't you guys include the XL in the nicer styles. There still isn't very many options for the XL band size though, which is VERY disappointing. I'm sure tons of people wouldn't mind paying the price difference.

I currently have used my blaze for two years, and I adore it. I actually was choosing between the iWatch and the blaze, and ultimately went with the blaze . The the fact that the iWatch 2 is now water proof, and works directly with apple health, I have started to think about upgrading to iWatch recently. Which sucks, because I really do love the blaze and i recommend it (noting their known issues)

I didn't know which label to use, as there are multiple issues i'm addressing.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.