Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please Fitbit, seriously. Integrate with Apple (Health) properly. I get that data is the new currency in the 21st century, but Í think I'd pay enough to be granted to use my data the way I want. Or I can just buy from the competition for less and downvote Fitbit every way I can. What's it going to be?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Why isn't Fitbit honest to it's customers and rejects this request?
Qiuhui
Stepping Up

I vote for the health app to be able to write data into fitbit app. Or fitbit app enables a connection to the Apple Watch.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'm completely shocked to discover that Fitbit over the last several years chooses to ignore their majority customers who seek integration with Apple Health App. I own an Apple Watch and iPhone and enjoy the social competition with Fitbit with my friends and potential new family members whom now I will certainly recommend not purchasing. You're selfish intentions tonnot I regrets is alienating your customer base which I'm sure is slowly declining. Not listening to customers is hienz companies like Blackberry vanish out of nowhere 

Rogerca
First Steps

It’s a shame that a company like fitbit does not integrate the latest technologies and sdk features available on the ios platform. As an ios user I would love my aria to be able to sync my data natively with healthkit without the need to use third party apps. Please integrate healthkit and let users choose how they prefer to sync their health data intead of forcing them to choose orher products that give them this feature. I’m seriously thinking about buying another product thdt integrates better with ios healthkit but i would prefer fitbit to fix this one and keep my aria. Please integrate health kit data sync. 

dalanishi
First Steps

I wonder why this is stuck since 3 years? My pebble watch supports this. I'm considering sending back my newly purchased charge2 because I thought this would be naturally supported and now am quite disappointed that it isn't.

@so-rich wrote:

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

@so-rich wrote:

Hi there,

dannydd
Jogger

Hey Fitbit, the Fitbit Iconic looks pretty cool, bit I won't even consider it until you address this!

Jennlee
Base Runner

I think it would be very helpful for the Fitbit to be completely integrated with ihealth. I was so surprised that it was not already. 

Please do this. 

Thanks

Jthering
First Steps

I'm really surprised that a $100 pedometer doesn't offer the very common health app integration. Much less expensive options offer this.

Jennlee
Base Runner
Hi,
I just purchased my Fitbit. In Canada I paid $190. I completely agree for this price that a third party app should not be required to integrate with any Apple technology.

This is a Big disappointment ☹️ It is not well known problem (I did not know till my purchase this week)😟

Jennlee
Sent from my iPhone
erkdarren
First Steps

Im currently reviewing other options since fitbit seems not to bother listening to customers. 

rockchucker
Jogger

@so-rich wrote:

Hi there,

From 2014....

3+ years and nothing?  

Pretty sad. 

Qiuhui
Stepping Up

It has been 3 years since the first post  - Fitbit, please stop ignoring us.

FlexPhoenix
Jogger

Yes, agreeing with the majority here - please make it so Apple health app can gather info from Fitbit. I'd be less likely to ditch my HR for an Apple Watch in the future. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agreed, Fitbit is not the type of company that through social media or here will respond to reasonable requests from their customers. As a result I'm all in with Apple and will never recommend or purchase Fitbit in the future.  Good luck Blackberry 

Evoui
First Steps

I just bought the Fitbit Charge 2 and I cannot believe that it does not sync with Apple Health...

There are many apps in App Store developed by a really small team that did it successfully many years now. And Fitbit team is waiting to collect requests?

I am totally disappointed...

wealthychef
Base Runner
It's because Fitbit dies not want to do this. Some sort of politics. Trying to keep your data in their hands I believe

Sent from my iPhone
Aaron23
First Steps

Yes, please.  +1 on this request, hopefully with Apple's announcements tomorrow!

Mheetu
Keeping Pace

Welp, Apple just announced continuous heart rate and more for the new Apple Watch Series 3 along with GPS and LTE built in...

Good bye Fitbit... maybe if you worked on building a stronger relationship with your Apple/iOS consumer base, I'd be more keen on sticking with Fitbit products. But your inability to be honest with us and refusal to implement the #1 most requested feature in 3+ years and failure to provide a reason (even in private email conversations) has made the switch an easy decision to make.

I imagine this announcement will result in a drastic decrease in your sales... It's a shame, there was a lot of potential you missed out on.

Vgrendahl
Stepping Up

I would love it if my Fitbit would connect and be compatible with the Apple Health App. Most fitness/nutrition apps use Apple Health, and I find it frustrating that my data in Apple Health is never right because it's not compatible with my Fitbit.

gabrielaaillaud
First Steps

I bet many of your users have an iPhone, why not helping us by having all the info in onbe place?

cdllm
First Steps

Any update on this? This suggestion is years old at this point. Some of us are coming to a point where we need to get a new device and have to decide which one. What makes FitBit any more compelling than Apple Watch? Definitely not more responsive to customer requests. The fact that there are workarounds (granted, they are clunky) means that this is not a technical problem. The only other possible explanations for this feature still being missing all point to customers not being prioritized. That's fine if that's how you want to run a business I guess.

DONTclickMEE
Jogger

Just make it happen already!! Pretty please! 

IshReddy
First Steps

Pleaseee make the Fitbit app to sync with the Apple health app!! Itd make life soooo much easier!!

hoping to see the change in the really near future!!

thanks!!

ericraio
First Steps

Please make the Fitbit devices and apps sync with apple Health Kit, it's been 3 years and completely ignored.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.