Integration between Fitbit and a pregnancy app

It would be great if FitBit integrated with a pregnancy app. To track healthy weight gain, appropriate macros during pregnancy, a heart rate alert for high heart rates, water consumption recommendations, and major health related stages of the pregnancy. 

Currently the weight gain has a negative connotation, there is not a function for additional calories, and heart rate elevation in pregnant women can seriously injure the fetus's development. That feature could benefit women who are able to exercise during pregnancy in a safer heart rate window.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

77 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Neetii, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

alura_plum
First Steps

It would be fantastic if there were a way to track pregnancy with FitBit. The cycle tracker is great, but being able to track pregnancy and nursing would be fantastic! Right now, im struggling with this😫

IS4031
First Steps

First off, I love that there is a female tracking feature - thank you Fitbit.  I completely agree there needs to be a way to say you're pregnant.

It would also be nice to track your basal body temperature in this app, and it would be nice to have some prenatal and postpartum exercise routines added to Fitbit coach.

Lastly, I can't believe there's an option to track the morning after pill, but not pregnancy.  I think this actually really terrible and sad.

mGoodyea2017
First Steps

Your app offer women the ability to predict when their periods and fertility will be, why not partner with another app or create your own pregnancy tracker within the app for women who become pregnant. I would love to have that built into the Fitbit app instead of having to download other pregnancy tracking apps

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mGoodyea2017, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

MommaBof3
Jogger

What about a way to choose between pre-pubescent, regular periods, pregnant, postpartum, menopausal. This would help me tremendously. My periods are all over the place anywhere from 20 days to 60 days apart and the tracker is trying. When you're perimenopausal, your periods are sometimes all over the place! 

Moderator edit: Format

Em3FitnessNL
Jogger

Please please please update your app it allows me to track my cycle but I’m now pregnant and there is no way to adjust this so that the information is correct 

i am a fitness trainer and monitoring my heart rate and other things are key for me but the information is not always accurate given that I’m pregnant and it won’t allow me to change the settings 

thanks 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Em3FitnessNL, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MommaBof3, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option in the Female Health Tracking. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Lrininger12
First Steps

This has been suggested many times. Clearly a bunch of men decided to be "helpful" and add a female tracker. No woman would have designed a fertility aspect without actually including pregnancy. This should be top priority. You cant say you have a female tracker if it leaves out a fundamental aspect of being female. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lrininger12!  That’s an interesting idea, thanks for sharing your feedback about this feature. I've moved it into a similar suggestion, as the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

DanielleSully
First Steps

Can you please put somewhere in the app the option to put that you are pregnant? My resting heart rate increased from mid to high 50’s to low 70s because of my pregnancy and because of it my versa now says I’m in poor to fair cardio health. It would be great if it would take into account pregnancy! 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DanielleSully, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Jaymama1014
First Steps

First off I LOVE to see a sugestion forum thats actually used! 

Second, my husband and I are currently ttc and I notice the period and fertility tracker, which is awesome! But I would love to see a pregnancy tracker maybe with little pregnancy tips(like you do with sleep) and a week counter to the due date. Id love to feel like my fitbit app has that option so I dont need to download (yet another) app when the time comes! Thanks for your concideration and productivity!

Heart

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jaymama1014, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

GreenMomma
First Steps

It would be lovely if there was a pregnancy tracker as well as a period tracker. Most of the women I know that track are trying to conceive so it would make sense to expand and add this feature.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GreenMomma, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Tomboy4life
First Steps

The weight tracking part of the app should allow you to monitor healthy weight gain during pregnancy. The heart rate should take into account pregnancy. This should also feed into sleep. Also activity levels and goals accounted for. As well as the calorie intake allowing for pregnancy and breastfeeding. The app needs to take into account you're pregnant and not remind you that your period is due. I feeled failed by this product at a time in my life when I would have liked to use the product more than ever to monitor my health and inform my fitness goals.

Fitbit have ignored these suggestions from women for years as can be seen by the numerous posts in the forums. My Fitbit is fairly old and Christmas would have been a prime time to replace it. However I find myself now often forgetting to wear it as it has very little relevance to me now. Developers have had enough motivation to add irritating and distracting 'subscriber' functions to the front screen but not enough to develop the product for existing customers. When or if I come to replace my fitness tracker, I will look to other competitors who don't repeatedly ignore the wishes of women, and the differences in their bodies. Fundamentally for a product designer to repeatedly pretend a group of people don't exist and ignore the requests from a section of society, namely women (age 20 - 40), is sexist and doesn't promote gender equality. My suggestion is that Fitbit realise that women are not invisible and unimportant, and start to treat women fairly. 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Tomboy4life, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Amandae.hair
First Steps

Please add a pregnancy option to the women's health tracker. It gives the option of a positive fertility test, so why wouldn't there be a pregnancy option? My health app is now basically waisted space for the next 8 months.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Amandae.hair, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Slh1805
First Steps

It would be great if you could

add that you are pregnant to

fitbit. It’s strange you can track

fertility and not note when you are pregnant, especially as it’s a fitness ap and changes in health affect that. 

Rachel_e
First Steps

I definitely agree with you on this one. I got an alert saying my. Was scheduled to start, but I'm pregnant. Upon further review I realized in order to turn off these notifications, I need to disable the female Health tracking option.

Ninkaynay
First Steps

If a woman is pregnant the fertility function is pointless. Being able to track weight, steps, exercise, and calorie consumption appropriate for a stage in pregnancy would be helpful

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Slh1805 @Ninkaynay, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.