Integration between Fitbit and a pregnancy app

It would be great if FitBit integrated with a pregnancy app. To track healthy weight gain, appropriate macros during pregnancy, a heart rate alert for high heart rates, water consumption recommendations, and major health related stages of the pregnancy. 

Currently the weight gain has a negative connotation, there is not a function for additional calories, and heart rate elevation in pregnant women can seriously injure the fetus's development. That feature could benefit women who are able to exercise during pregnancy in a safer heart rate window.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

77 Comments
Neetis
Jogger

It would be good to have pregnancy tracking app in fitbit which can give the heartbeat rate of the baby and also track morning sickness or any other symptoms and reminders of the activity specially when you are pregnant and doing excersize it should make you slow down n make you alert to continue or stop. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Neetis, thanks for your suggestion. It would really encourage users to use the this options. It might become in a very popular request, so watch this space for updates.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SaphirePrincess
Stepping Up

Definitely should have some features for pregnant women. Increase in calorie consumption varies by gestational age of baby, so it would help if you can input that you are pregnant and approximate due date. And because some women who are overweight at the start of pregnancy may want to maintain weight rather then gain or lose, having the baby's approx calorie consumption would be helpful. By imputing that you are pregnant, it can also automatically toggle off the period tracker, And a daily vitamin reminder? just a thought.

JackieLynn81
First Steps

This would be of huge benefit. I want to keep fit but I'm also conscious of overdoing it for my baby. Plus there's all top tips and increase calory measurement. Fitbit really are missing out on a huge trick here.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree that pregnancy information would be a great improvement. I am wondering if I will have to click "Not yet" for the period start date for the next several months. It seems to me that if one of the options to click is "Morning After Pill," there should absolutely be one for "Positive Pregnancy Test" and associated details like estimated due date, etc. 

Anaidiana82
First Steps

One of the reasons I got my Versa was to monitor my heart rate (history of and fear for recurring pre-eclampsia). When I put in date of my last cycle, nothing was triggered for a pregnancy mode, so now the tracker just thinks my cycle is 4 months long. Please put pregnancy in as an option when setting up female health tracker options. 

Lizger
First Steps

You so need this option. At least so that my fit bit stops thinking I'm super late

claireconn
First Steps

Totally agree that there at least needs to be some sort of option for pregnancy. I love that there is a female health option, it saves me using multiple apps, but the app keeps informing me that my period is due when I'm definitely 5 months pregnant! 

Nh17
First Steps

There absolutely should be either some integration with another app for pregnancy or at the very least the option to put pregnancy into the app so that it pauses the period tracking, I’ve had to switch it off it was that irritating! 

It would be good to have a pregnancy setting that allows for optimal weight gain and the increase in resting heart rate among other things - this seems like it should be standard alongside period tracking. 

Jennanne26
First Steps
Spoiler
Yeep totally agree. The female health section needs a lot of work. If it could be set so it auto syncs with other apps (natural cycles pls) that'd save so much time
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

If you have a pregnancy app in mind, I would ask them to link up with Fitbit @Cole.Lemon. Fitbit has provided all the needed tools for them to do this, and Fitbit gives the third party app complete control of their link up. 

JackieLynn81
First Steps
Pregnancy + by Health and Parenting is a really great app. It has daily updates and, holds appointments, tracks weight and lots more. Theres a good amount that would link with Fitbit on this.

This would be so exciting and an amazing feature to have.

Thank you.
kschucha
First Steps

I just emailed about this! Agree with everyone! I was so disappointed when I tried to update my app to my female tracker to let it know I was pregnant and couldn't. It would be really neat if the app could help you track your pregnancy and update all of your calorie, exercise and water needs. Thanks!!

Jordeelynn
First Steps

I think it would be fantastic if there was a prenatal app for the verse to help track babies growth and to help maybe suggest pregnancy exercises! 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jordeelynn thank you for participating on the Feature Suggestion Board. I merged your idea with an existing Feature Suggestion regarding the same topic. Please don't forget to vote for the suggestion. 

BexieT
First Steps

Would definitely like something like this. Currently able to track periods but nothing for when you become pregnant when fitness and hydration are even more important! 

Keia
Jogger

I agree! It would also be nice it had a more advance ovulation tracker.

Lelahel
Jogger

This is such a good idea - exactly what I was going to suggest! I'm so frustrated that I can't track my pregnancy - in particular the changes to my heart rate and my weight gain.  

JeniBear828
First Steps

I would like the option to set my pregnancy on my fitbit account.  I think it would be nice to have more exercise and eating recommendations for pregnant women. 

🙂

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @JeniBear828! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Lauz
Jogger

Baby fitbit monitor

Hi team. I love my fitbit & as a first time parent I'd love to have a fitbit monitor for my new baby. 

It could be used to monitor & alert me to any changes to babies 1)Heat rate - if its to high or STOPS!

2) temperature - is the baby too hot/cold.

3) baby movement -sleep tracker showing if he/she is awake or asleep or just restless or teething.

4) align this to child's age growth milestones what to expect at this age & link to parent chat forums 

Jperk3
First Steps

I definitely think this should be a setting. I emailed Fitbit and said I would like to see this on there. They said to look on here for other people that maybe posted about it. The period tracker keeps telling me I’m late and I realize that but it’s for good reason. Also if we are going to be gaining weight and our heart rate is going to be raising it should accommodate for that. It would be nice to have a group of pregnant people as well to keep each other motivated 

KrysB11
First Steps

I agree, A pregnancy setting/app integration is a must! 

Jperk3
First Steps

Is there any progress in getting this app/setting? 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.