Intermittent Fasting tracker

I'd like to suggest a way to track intermittent fasting (similar to the Zero app). I'd love it if I could do this on my Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

256 Comments
Annabwalking
First Steps

It would be nice if you could add a time field for meal consumption and set it up so we can look at the eating window for a particular day so that over the course of time, we'd have that stat and would be able to see what was working best for weight loss. 

Anngell
First Steps

I would love this feature as well. Intermittent fasting or any kind of fasting. Would be great if user could set up how many hours he/she is planning to fast on her own instead of preset options. And have like a weekly summary "you fasted for X hours" some great tips about fasting & etc.

Melies
First Steps

It would be great to have meal times we could enter.  This would be beneficial for diabetics or those doing IF or anyone really. Also good to have a place to out in time room last bite. Over time could have a chart showing fasting times, maybe even another chart to compare fasting to weight loss. Could have it s a separate dashboard feature that shows hours left to end fasting and if we hit our goal. In it could have the fasting insights like the other dashboards have. This shouldn't be a hard or complicated feature to add like female health tracking or the cardio fitness. 

Snigdha
Base Runner

I currently use an app called "MyFast."  I looked at several different apps and decided on this one for several reasons:

1. It allows you to edit the start/stop time of your fast so if you're not with your phone when you start or stop eating you can manually edit it.

2. It allows you to enter weight and will make graphs of your weight compared to fasting hours.

Most of the other apps will not let you change the start/stop time of your fast and the ones that do will not incorporate weight measurements.  We already can enter weight into FitBit.  Adding the start and stop of fasting times would be a definite plus.  I would think the female health tracking (which is pretty useless) was more complicated to create/implement.

TessMari
First Steps

Hi there Fitbit Developers! Yes, an IF-widget would be a great add-on to an already awesome device/app.

As mariete101 sugested, it can be as simple as a stopclock that one engages when you start your fastand ends when you disengage.

The catch for this suggestion, though, is that data must be trackable and exportable just as all other data is.

I just started my IF (16:8) today and it feels like such a loss that I have this great, new integrated fitness device that can't meet all my needs and truly track my weightloss-journey.

Please would you consider?

marietta101
First Steps
Exactly TessMari

Thank you for adding to my suggestion and hopes for an integrated Fasting
tracker onto the existing Fitbit tracker we use and love.

Cheers
--
Marietta
Willwo
Jogger

Being able to track time restricted eating (TRE) would be very appreciated. This would log the time between the start of the day’s first meal and the end of the day’s last meal. Currently I use the Zero app to track my fasting, but doing this in one app would be ideal, since I already use the Fitbit app to track water intake, etc.
Thanks

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

HartmanG
First Steps

Would love to see an I.F. feature added!

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Whether you call it Intermittent Fasting or Time Restricted Eating (TRE), TRE is a popular method for weight management and health management.  I use TRE and would like to see what Fitbit can do to help others.

shortylav
First Steps

Yes please. Intermittent fasting tracking would be great. How many votes do we need to get this going?

CarlzA
First Steps

I would love this feature

CarlzA
First Steps

I would like to be able to set a weekly calorie intake schedule ie restrict calorie goal to 500 calories on Tuesday and Thursday and normal TDEE target for the other 5 days.

Xena03
Jogger

When intermittent fasting or keto it is important to know "WHEN" your feeding window is open (i.e. such as a countdown), it would also be helpful to be able to track the "TIME" of each Meal - other than the generic categories of Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and snacks.

Would LOVE a countdown to when my "feeding window" is open or whether it is closed.

Would also love a compliance check whether I met my fasting goals.

LuckyMagpie
Jogger

I would love an intergrated intermittent fasting option too.  Having your target eating window laid out like you have the sleep times goal would be great.  Little red dots on it for times food is logs could show if you've eaten within your eating window or not.  Also please please please make it so we can set a different eating window for each day of the week.  I try to aim for the warrior 4 hour method on Mondays & Thursdays, but the rest of the week I follow the 16:8 method.  I disagree with one commenter on here though, I find the period tracker very valuable, as I've noticed that a few days before my period is when I stray of my high fat, low carb paleo style of eating, my exercise drops right down & I just want cakes & buscuits.  It means that I just accept these few days as different & stick to my goals the rest of the time.

JeffN1
First Steps

I plan to do a 16:8 intermittent fast 3x/wk and would like to track this on my fitbit app.

kuso_trevor
Stepping Up

This would be amazing along with incorporating notifications to the connected watch when fasting finishes.

Mystylynne
Jogger

Please add this feature to the app's dashboard.  I am using two different apps right now for fitness and this would make it so much easier if I could just stick with the fitbit app.  Please allow for custom fasting since some folks use a 16 hour intermittent fast, or a 20 hour or like myself they use a 24 hour fast occasionally.

VolcanicGlass
Recovery Runner

Agreed!!

R3x
First Steps

I would love this

@futureme wrote:

I'd like to suggest a way to track intermittent fasting (similar to the Zero app). I'd love it if I could do this on my Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Sean_Storm
First Steps

Tight tight tight

eisenreich
First Steps

I'm never going to use the calorie tracker (Paleo for 10+ years and have never counted a calorie), but would use a fasting feature all the time!

Teresea
First Steps

Yaaas. I would so use this feature!! All the suggestions are great. 

Dango37
First Steps

Yes. Sounds good to me. I have recently got a fit bit and was looking for it on there. A timer would be great as currently my start and finish times vary so would be awesome to easily see when I get to 16hrs. Also setting goals to push fasts out a bit would be great. It would be fantastic to look back over the month etc. 

cjoybro
Recovery Runner

PLEASE add the ability to track Intermittent Fasting 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.