Intermittent Fasting tracker

I'd like to suggest a way to track intermittent fasting (similar to the Zero app). I'd love it if I could do this on my Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

256 Comments
RickySF
Jogger

Love this idea!

charleyk
Jogger

I would use the intermittent fasting feature as well. I don't track calories so would use IF feature instead.

beaudetious
First Steps

I would totally use this type of feature. I am a 16:8 intermittent faster.

Ergrigger
Stepping Up

Yes! It could be a component of the Log feature.  You could select your fasting start and ending times and track trends in your fasting! I have seen some people are interesting in calculating how many calories burned during this time too 

Nadiakoo
First Steps

Fasting is the new diet!! Its going to become super popular and a simple way of tracking this would be awesome - check out Vora!! 

@futureme wrote:

I'd like to suggest a way to track intermittent fasting (similar to the Zero app). I'd love it if I could do this on my Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Ergrigger
Stepping Up
I agree. They should start allowing you to track your fasting!!!
Alexbalex
First Steps

I love this!

And perhaps it could go really deep, and show you for how long youv'e been in ketosis, and about the benefits... like what happens after 2, 4, 12, 16 hours of fasting.

Also it shoul allow you to change your preferences, and schedule everything. I for instance use 16:8 (18:6) combined with 5:2.

Chill0ut
Jogger

Yess, please!

Zinnaerris
Recovery Runner

Hopefully some day they will integrate this!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

BelindaButter
First Steps

Food logging that suited 5:2 would be really useful 🙂

BelindaButter
First Steps

Food logging that suited 5:2 would be really useful 🙂 I'm pretty disappointed that it doesn't already exist - it's a super popular lifestyle choice.

marietta101
First Steps

Something to keep track of fasting hours, by entering the starting and ending times of fast. So you can see you're weight and the beginning and end of each fast.

DarrellB
Premium User
Stepping Up

It would be great to incorporate intermittent fasting into Fitbit health measurements. I am more interested in tracking hours. Having a chart to show the hours and days fasting took place would be helpful to start with. In time you can add metrics like calories burned while fasting. But starting with just measuring times (16:8) or days (5:2) would be nice.

marietta101
First Steps

As someone above mentioned a simple way of tracking this would be awesome - check out Vora!! 

Zinnaerris
Recovery Runner

I currently use Fastrac for my fasting.... Does that mean I shouldn't want a single app that can ultimately track everything regarding my health and fitness?

Just because other apps exist doesn't negate our want for an option on the fitbit app.

There's apps that track fitness, water intake, food intake and steps that are all separate.

The fitbit app tracks all of it for you. The information is all together... Why wouldn't we want our fasting to be a part of all other information? It'll give us a better picture.

Cindy_lou
Base Runner

This would be a great addition to FitBit

stephanie688643
First Steps

This would make the Fitbit app so much more useful to me!

EvilynTent
Recovery Runner

Yes please

Snigdha
Base Runner

I agree.  I already log my food, exercise, sleep, weight, etc onto the FitBit dashboard.  Now that a lot of people are starting intermittent fasting it would be great to be able to track fasts on the dashboard to see if it is helping with reaching our goals and what duration of fast is working best.  It would be nice for the FitBit dashboard/app to be a one stop shop for our fitness/health/weight loss goals

EraK
First Steps

Wholeheartedly agree. Fasting tracker with the ability to log ketone and possibly glucose levels would be amazing. IF is an emergent population and with IF's increasingly legitimized applications in the diabetic and neurological health community, this lifestyle (I hate the word diet) will become a staple feature of millions worldwide. Fitbit, get yourself ahead of the curve!

Snigdha
Base Runner

I think at the minimum FitBit must have the ability to log start and stop times for fasting.  This would be be so much more helpful than a "Female Health" tracker.  This is something that would be useful to both genders and would prevent the need for using another app to track fasting.

C_I
Jogger

I would love to see this feature implemented. It's definitely an up-and-coming diet trend, and is relatively simple to track. I don't currently track my calories, but I have another entire app just for IF - which isn't particularly good, but I don't have a lot of options for IF tracking either.

alias452
Jogger

I would love this in the fitbit app, I currently use the Zero app to track my fasting. Would be interesting to see what kind of data this could provide.

cdub37
Jogger

Love this idea. 

Day fasting 5:2 or 6:1 would be good

or

Tracking time between meals.

or

Being able to enable a timer. Start fast at 1800 for 16hrs, notification pops up at 1000 the next day to break your fast. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.