Keep clock face/device screen on for longer

I work in EMS and love my new Ionic, but when trying to count my patients heart rate and respiration's I keep having to push the button with my other hand which I usually have on the patients arm.  This makes it hard to watch the clock, and flicking my wrist doesn't always work.  It would be nice if there was an option to keep the watch face active for more that 20 seconds, maybe give the options for 1 minute and 2 minutes also.  I understand that will cause the battery to not last as long but that would be my choice.  Thanks for your time. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

270 Comments
Tinwindow
Jogger
Will anyone at fit bit listen? What do we do?

Brian

Sent from my iPhone 7
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please please give us the ability to set the display time to a longer duration for the Charge 2.  Having such a short duration to view your display is very frustrating.  I don't mind losing a little battery life if I'm able to see my display longer than a couple of seconds.  Especially while working out and perhaps checking your pulse against what the tracker is saying it is.

please please!  Thank you.

justjamesus
Jogger

Please add this feature

justjamesus
Jogger

Please allow us to extend the display time.

horse482
First Steps

@LizFitbit do you have any updates on when the next software update is going to be released?  

Thanks

Jim

@horse482 wrote:

I work in EMS and love my new Ionic, but when trying to count my patients heart rate and respiration's I keep having to push the button with my other hand which I usually have on the patients arm.  This makes it hard to watch the clock, and flicking my wrist doesn't always work.  It would be nice if there was an option to keep the watch face active for more that 20 seconds, maybe give the options for 1 minute and 2 minutes also.  I understand that will cause the battery to not last as long but that would be my choice.  Thanks for your time. 

crbhart
First Steps

I strongly agree with this Feature Suggestion submitted by user horse482. Similar to his situation as a paramedic, I am a doctor and would love to have a feature / app where I could leave my Fitbit clock face on for longer periods of time (30 sec, 1 min, indefinitely) if I wished, so I could count heart rates, etc. I certainly bought it as fitness tracker (and did not want a smart watch at this time), but I've grown to love the Charge 3 & wear it all the time. I would love for it to serve as my primary watch as well. Thank you. 

Lifeisgood14
First Steps

Adjust display time.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lifeisgood14, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is under consideration.

NurseCristine
Jogger
It would be great if this would be resolved since there continues to be so much interest

Thanks so much, Cristine
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
My hunch is that the programming is done by an outside source. Perhaps overseas. And, any changes or updates to the software would cost money to pay the programmer. Fitbit appears to not want to spend the extra money to add this option. I can’t imagine it would cost that much to implement. It’s very sad that the requests go unanswered.
NurseCristine
Jogger
I’m getting sick of all the updates to the thread reminding me I should go buy a different watch even though it’s already 25% less than I paid for it - $200 for a watch I can’t check a pulse with and now it’s not staying charged - ridiculous

Thanks so much, Cristine
horse482
First Steps

@MarcelBK Can you give us an update to when this will be released?  Last update we were given is that it would be this last fall and we still don't have the update.

@NurseCristine and everyone else thank you so much for the support of this thread, Fitbit is going to have to start listening to their customers or they will start losing them. 

caser41
Jogger

Please give us the ability to set the display time to a longer duration for the Charge 3.  Having such a short duration to view the display is very frustrating.  I don't mind losing a little battery life if I'm able to see my display for a few more seconds.

Shmoore85
First Steps

I wish you could set the display to light up for longer.  I am in the medical field and wear my Fitbit daily to work.  I need at least 15 sec of display. I may have to go back to wearing a regular watch.  

zmeira
First Steps

As a Registered Nurse,  I'm in the same boat as EMS.  It never occurred to me that I wouldn't be able to assess pulse and respiratory rate with my new watch/tracker.  Unfortunately I can't return my Fitbit3.  Now I have to wear a second watch, which is ridiculous.  Please escalate this issue in your enhancement queue.  

Thank You

swimfan
Recovery Runner

Just updated my Ionic last night and there is now a setting to leave the clock on for 60 seconds. That should help all the health workers - though I struggle to see how it wont go off just when you are finishing up counting... My request/desire was to have an always on, dimly lit, simple clock with no stats and if I want stats I can hit a button or swipe.  

zmeira
First Steps
Great! I just installed the updates. Where is this setting to extend display time?
horse482
First Steps

@swimfan, thanks for posting about the update,  there are a few clock faces that allow always on display. 

@zmeira if I remember correctly it's under settings. Unfortunately my watch quit syncing so I had to send it back for warranty,  hopefully I will have a replacement in a week or so. I'm excited to try the new setting. 

KJoyce
Jogger

Just installed the upfate. I can now change the setting for a longer display time to 60 sec. Thanks Fitbit for listening!!!

bee720
Keeping Pace

Do we just need to update the app from the app store for this to work? I haven't updated the app out of fear from reading the problems other Fitbit users have had (even months ago) after updating the app.

Thank you Fitbit for listening to our request!

KJoyce
Jogger

@bee720 open your AP and update thrte. It is a long update and they recommend you keep your watch on charger while it updates. Your phone needs to stay by the watch as well. I did not encounter any problems. 

bee720
Keeping Pace

@KJoycethank you!

I have to wait for the update, they are releasing it slowly from what I read on the board. ( I'm ok with that)

It sounds like a great update from what I've read too! Enjoy

Cindra25
First Steps
Does anyone have the link for this update? What fitbit will it work with?
Cindra
bee720
Keeping Pace

@Cindra25I believe it's for the Ionic, Versa & newer Fitbits. I went under the "community " tab that is shown on the top of this page. Choose which Fitbit you have & from there go to the newest "pinned" post.

They have boards for each Fitbit.

Hope this helps.

Also open up your Fitbit app on your cell. If you go to the section that shows where to choose your clock face, battery left & apps it will show what version you have & also show if the update is available for your fitbit.

Try syncing your Fitbit too.

That's where/when my "update available " showed up.

Dazzle109
Jogger

Disappointed that this change isn't on the charge3 @KateFitbit coud you find out if its coming please.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.