Keep clock face/device screen on for longer

I work in EMS and love my new Ionic, but when trying to count my patients heart rate and respiration's I keep having to push the button with my other hand which I usually have on the patients arm.  This makes it hard to watch the clock, and flicking my wrist doesn't always work.  It would be nice if there was an option to keep the watch face active for more that 20 seconds, maybe give the options for 1 minute and 2 minutes also.  I understand that will cause the battery to not last as long but that would be my choice.  Thanks for your time. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

270 Comments
Status changed to: Released
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on both Fitbit Versa and Ionic on the latest Firmware Release, Fitbit OS 3.0. Now you can keep the screen on for as long as 60 seconds! @horse482 as you've submitted a high quality suggestion, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community - this suggestion is now a reality! Enjoy.

We just created a new Feature Suggestion about having the ability to keep the screen on permanently. Please vote for that idea here.

zmeira
First Steps
When will it be release for the fitbit charge3?. This is the one I wear and can't use for my work as an RN.
Nautika1
Jogger

I need to use the stopwatch feature for work and it shuts off the display 3 seconds after starting it which makes it the most USELESS feature the charge 3 has. If i am using a feature like stopwatch it should NOT shut off the display while it is running as I need very specific times and having to force the display back on is not working and skeewing my numbers.

Please allow the display to stay on while using features like stopwatch.

Hkypatriot
First Steps

Watch needs an option to have face on for extended periods of time. I am a nurse and use my watch for situations in which I need to count off minutes and or seconds. Sadly I bought this to wear at work not imagining that the watch turns off every few seconds. Probably will have to return it and go back to my regular watch. Bummer. Charging it daily would be fine to have this feature. 

Hkypatriot
First Steps

I work as an RN same problem. Makes the watch useless. 

Kntoler
First Steps

I don’t understand why we can’t monitor our heart rate while exercising???? Isn’t that the out of a fitness band that can track your heart rate? What is the purpose of it otherwise? 

I just got my charge 3 for Christmas today and for the price....jeez it’s turning out to be pretty useless. 

Guess it’s just a pretty watch...if you can read and remember the time in 2 seconds. 

Phleygas
Jogger

Greetings,

When I first bought the fitbit, you had three screen on settings. Auto, manual and always. After my first update the Always setting was gone. I want to use the fit bit coach, but depending on the exercise, flipping it up isn't always an option to make the screen come on. I want to be able to glance at the screen during the exercise and would prefer it to stay on during the exercises. It's to frustrating to use in the coach mode, and because of that, one of the biggest features is just about useless to me.

Thanks

PFuerte
First Steps

Instead of just using the interval training mode, I would like a stopwatch or clock face that allows me to have it on continual display while I am exercising. I would turn it off to conserve battery AFTER I am done with my exercise. I frequently want to see where I am in my timing even sometimes within a 30 second time period and flicking my wrist every 5 to 10 seconds is not ideal. With my Ironman I could see this on a regular basis and I feel this is a highly needed feature to go with my Charge3 Fitbit. For instance- I am currently doing a 45 second run then a 15 second walk while rehabbing.  I might flick my wrist and see I'm at 27 seconds but must constantly be trtyng to display my Fitbit to see when I am getting close to my 45 seconds. I want to be able to look easily and see I'm at 35 seconds, 38 seconds, 42 seconds, etc before my 45 seconds.  It would also be helpful on the timer feature.  Thank you for your consideration.

UGA1997
First Steps

We bought a fit-bit Alta.  The lack of an option for "always on", at least during a workout, seems crazy.  if you want to view your heartrate or other info while biking, running, etc you have to tap through  multiple screens every time, rendering the device fairly useless for dynamic during exercise, and only helpful for viewing stats later.  The other problem is my wife would like to wear this as a watch but needs the display to stay active for it to be useful.

If Fitbit is worried about battery life that is fine, we can charge the device more often. 

Helmack
First Steps

can you please include this feature for the Charge 3 also.

Nursenita
First Steps

As a nurse, I need the watch face on.  Otherwise, I will have to go back to wearing a watch

Eynatfe
First Steps

Echoing the constant face watch option. I don't always have the extra hand to push the button and flicking doesn't always work. I want my Fitbit to function as a watch, first and foremost. Let me worry about battery use. 

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @zmeira and commenters - there aren't currently plans to release this on Charge 3 due to the impact on battery impact but there has been a feature suggestion created here which you can follow. I will try to get an update on this however. Thanks

c2skinner
Stepping Up

Please consider eliminating screen time out when using stop watch.  Cannot monitor or call out times when screen goes blank every 5 seconds.  

mollstodawall
First Steps

I'd like to be able to log water intake on the fit it charge 3. I think it'd be easy enough to just have the quick 'glass, 8oz', small bottle  16oz, and large bottle 24 oz as icons to tap. 

sremick
Recovery Runner

Yes, please. I find the stopwatch completely unusable due to the rapid screen timeout, despite frequently wanting/needing to use it.

Champanja
Jogger

Agree! Please do something about this Fitbit!

jordanleigh
First Steps

Yes! This is a huge problem for me, as a timer is an absolute necessity. I emailed Fitbit to ask about this and was very disappointed to hear that it is too much of a drain on battery life to be considered. I would much much rather have to charge my Fitbit more frequently than have it be so unusable during workouts that I switch to a regular watch. I love the heart rate tracking feature, but the timer screen is a deal breaker for workouts. Even if they increased the screen time out to 60 seconds it would be so much better that what is currently in place. It could even be an individual setting so users who do not want their battery life affected can simply keep it the way it is now. I hope that this is a change that is considered seriously!

PhitKilobit
First Steps
BatmanX
First Steps

I wear reading glasses sometimes.  I NEED a few more seconds to focus on the display.  I absolutely can't see the HR or the time while moving and the display being so small.  I see other people want this but nobody can get enough votes to make it happen because it's broken down by device.  Why not give us ALL that option on any device!  It's sorely needed or I'll have to do like others have done and return my Fitbit. (Fitbit Alta HR)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.