Lifesum Integration

It would be great if Fitbit were able to import the food logging from Lifesum, not just exporting activities. It would be in competition with your own function, but as you only have a very limited number of countries on your list and Lifesum has products in the database from all over, it just is better. I cannot use the Fitbit food tracking as there are too many products missing. 

Greetings from Norway, a country not on your list. 

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

33 Comments
sjegorov
First Steps

can you please make sync with Lifesum work similar as with Myfitnesspal?

ie total calories eaten in Lifesum would sync with same section in Fitbit section? 

This is very important feature as otherwise can not track total calories in/out from same application!

svennand
Base Runner

Haha

WHAT SHE SAID!

Recenently got my Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Aria scale. And so far im loving it.

However the food part of the app sucks to such an degree that it is useless unless your from one of the "supported" countries. The food database really are bad if your from another country (Norway here to). I tried it for a couple of days but it just got to frustrating to use.

Im originally an lifesum user and LOVE that app, it has an amazing database of food from all over the world. Lifesum even support data collection FROM fitbit. But i would much rather have it the other way around seeing that the Fitbit app now is in charge of everything else (since it is the one measuring all the data).

Please add support for this kind of integration from third party app. Then i can finally dump my Withings weight and Polar RC3 GPS puls watch. And enjoy one brand/app that covers all my needs.

StineEirin
Jogger
Hi,

I can sync my use of calories form fitbit to lifesum, but since there are no european food database in fitbit, I would perfer if it also was possible to import calories in from lifesum to fitbit. Today I solve this issue by registering quick calories in fitbit at the end of the day. But if i were to forgett it i cannot seem to find a function that allowes me to add quick calories the day after. If you were able to make a sync of the calories to fitbit they could also be devided my meals. Now i just register "any time".

I hope you look in to this 🙂 - it would have been the perfect integration while Im waiting for my european food database. (Ever considered a releationship with lifesum in this matter? )
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Geoje it's nice to see you around! Thanks for sharing with us your ideas. I think it would be could to have an integration with Lifesum and sync data with Fitbit app, this could complement our existing activity and food log. 

If you have any other great idea like this, don't hesitate in visiting our Feature Request board again. Woman Wink

Suz132
First Steps
Please include Lifesum as a supporting app. The food selection on Fitbit app is terrible. And since they don't work together...I'm not benefiting as I would hope. I love using my Fitbit, just upgraded to a newer version, also love Lifesum!!!
Suz132
First Steps
Using both apps together would be a strong plus for Fitbit and Lifesum.
kschaper
First Steps

Hi,

I am new to FITBIT, but using Lifesum for 3 years now! I would also think to link food from Lifesum to FITBIT would be great.

What about the status here? Has been asked for for a while when looking into the comments here...

br

Hussain94
Stepping Up
Hello, I don't have a fitbit tracker yet, I don't actually have any kind of tracker at the moment, but I'm planning to buy one and I'm still not sure if its going to be a fitbit or jawbone. The main reason I'm still not sure yet, is I really really like lifeaum, it helps me with my goal which is gaining weight and muscle and also eat healthier. I also like fitbit app and trackers, but the thing that make me not sure that I'm gonna buy a fitbit is that it does not support lifesum yet, but jawbone does. If fitbit is going to support lifesum, I would definitely buy a fitbit, and maybe the new blaze too, I really hope that you guys support lifesum.
Suz132
First Steps
I'm sad to say that since Fitbit hasn't added Lifesum to their supported apps...I had to switch to jawbone Up24....it supports Lifesum and I'm loving it. I've been with Fitbit for quite a few years and have recommended it to many people. I hate to let it go, but I'm getting the pairing I need and it's working for me. I would love to switch back to my new Fitbit upgrade, but won't until Fitbit & Lifesum work together. 😩
CicciC
First Steps

I know that I can sync from fitbit to Lifesum but it still doesn't seem to work the other way round. Or am I just not finding the right place to fixit? Please help.

Cilla79
First Steps

Fitbit - Did anything happen with this request?

I was just writing about the very same thing to customer services at Fitbit. I'm from Sweden and also love Lifesums way of tracking calories. They have all the swedish barcodes and groceries, which Fitbit doesn't.

Please integrate with Lifesum!

Cecilia

layil
Jogger

Up!

ppetrovski
First Steps
Voted, please make this happen!
kschaper
First Steps

I am also wondering when we can get food integration from Lifesum to Fitbit. Would be a very strong combination. I am still waiting!

br

Katrin

Elisees
First Steps

Come on, Fitbit! I bought my Fitbit Ionic today and I was really disappointed to learn that it's not possible to export my logged meals from Lifesum to Fitbit. It is impossible for me to log my food in the Fitbit app as it doesn't have a norwegian food database.  

Best regards,

Elise

kschaper
First Steps
Hi
Waiting for 2 Years now

Von Katrin's iPhone gesendet
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I can’t tell about possible future plans for this integration on our side, but I still wanted to highlight the fact that many integrations are done by the 3rd party application or service. Even if we don’t do it ourselves, Lifesum developers would be able to add food by using our Food Logging Web API. I suggest you contact them also to request this feature.

POC24
First Steps

It's a shame that one of the best, and probably the best app, doesn't have integration. LifeSum is the most complete app. We pay a lot to you Fitbit, please resolve this. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

rmwwmr
Jogger

Fitbit app should sync with Lifesum app - it has much more detailed food tracking 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rmwwmr, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is under consideration.

LeannC411
First Steps

I've have previously used the Blaze and now have upgraded to the Versa! I was so excited about the upgrade in both the hardware and software, but only to be bummed out that the Lifesum and Fitbit apps don't sync very well with each other. 😟 It would make life so much more fun and easier if these to wonderful apps synced up! Imagine the endless opportunities. Lifesum is a great way to track your food and is very motivational. Fitbit keeps you moving and wanting to better yourself physically. Put them together and you have a powerhouse! Please make these apps compatible with each other and able to sync info. Thanks! 

Juliaswe
Jogger

To connect your device to iPhones health app and lifesum app!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Juliaswe, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Trst1234
First Steps

I decided for Fitbit over Garmin and love it. But that Fitbit doesn’t sync with Lifesum is a reason for that I will probably return it as I see in this forum here that this is not a consideration at Fitbit.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.