Lifesum Integration

It would be great if Fitbit were able to import the food logging from Lifesum, not just exporting activities. It would be in competition with your own function, but as you only have a very limited number of countries on your list and Lifesum has products in the database from all over, it just is better. I cannot use the Fitbit food tracking as there are too many products missing. 

Greetings from Norway, a country not on your list. 

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

33 Comments
Anso70
First Steps

Hi! What is the status about connect Fitbit with Lifesum? It would be so much easier to track food. Pls! Make this happend. As what I can se here in this thread, the suggestion is updates to ”under consideration”. But its been a while since then. Can you Pls share some status? 

knelson620
First Steps

Agreed with everyone above - it would be hugely helpful for Lifesum data to be imported into Fitbit similar to Chronometer. I need the meal planning functionality and Lifesum appears to be one of the top options, so it seems to be a no brainer for it to integrate seamlessly with Fitbit so we could see a holistic view of our day in Fitbit! Any update on this feature? 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Bcs2021
First Steps

Please make possible integration with lifesum. Lots os people use this app for diet programs. Is vey performing and databases for food are all country and great 

it’s a pity for Fitbit not be be able

to synchronise with lifesum 

GordonFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Developer
Fitbit Developer

Hi @Bcs2021 

We make the Fitbit APIs available for 3rd party companies to build integrations with their applications.   I would recommend you reach out to Lifesum to make the request.   Our API support team is available to help Lifesum with the integration. 

In the meantime, I'm moving your post to the Feature Suggestions forum.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Bcs2021, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to connect with Lifesum. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

RB_Swe
Base Runner
Lifesum (https://lifesum.com) is a great app for digital self-care that helps you reach your health and weight goals through better eating.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RB_Swe, thanks for sharing this suggestion about the possibility of integrating with Lifesum. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help the team of developers to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote and to keep track of popularity and demand over time. Don't forget to add your vote and comments to Support this idea. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.