Longer Challenges eg week, month, 2 hours

There should be a larger variety of challenges that could be long like a month long or short like a couple of hours and there should be rewards for challenges you participate in with friends/family like gift cards for a variety of stores

304 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TWG74 thanks for posting this suggestion. We are continuing to explore other challenges options to further meet the needs of our users but do not have any details to share at this time. Watch this space!

PhoebeH
First Steps

I would loveeeeee to see longer step challenges! -such as one full week, two weeks, one month or create-your-own length! I am a hospital nurse and our team would love to do a month challenge! I do challenges outside of work also and my group of friends wish Fitbit had this option.  

Ritchie111
First Steps

I have been in a family work week challenge every week since I can remember, we recently started doing the adventures which are great!  I do think there needs to be more adventures and even longer ones!  The great thing for me is that I have really busy work weeks but can bust out 15k steps each day on the weekend.  

I do love this feature, I just want to see it expand.

Also reading the previous posts, I like all the ideas slated above 🙂

Mikehanney
First Steps

In addition to WWH & WW how about a full week 7 dayer conception Monday-Sunday? Also increase number of participants to all challenges. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

vivomagee
Jogger

I just really, really really! want a full 7 day challenge instead of 5 days. And a month would be excellent, too.

Emsiered
First Steps

A few of my friends have suggested it would be great to have a few different kinds of challenge. We regularly do workweek hustle and weekend warrior but we thought it would be good to have a 7 day or month long challenge.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
That would be a great idea! I would love that too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Etimbergreen
First Steps

Hi Fitbit, 

In an effort to support long term goals, it would be great if you could add 2 week and 1 month challenge options. A 1 year competition would be nice as well. The longer challenge times would allow a nice lifestyle change vs the short bursts where some of us get burnt out. Thank you!

kreynhout
First Steps

I think it would be fun to add more challenges. Such as a full week of 7 days or even a whole month long challenge. The people in our group challenges all think this would be a cool feature to add! 

kreynhout
First Steps

Longer challenges would be fun and beneficial to keep everyone moving all week or even all month!

jpzamoraa
Jogger

Great idea.. I vote for a complete week challenge or month challenge. 👍🏻

Defiant
Jogger

How many of these post do they have to see before they do something about it?  Come on @Fitbit it's 2018 and you only have three challenges!

Etimbergreen
First Steps
I was wondering that myself after combing through 10 pages of the same request dating back several years. They must not be listening?

Sent from my iPhone
dmanthony
Jogger

All of my colleagues would love this. We all work 5 days per week, but our weeks span from Sunday to Saturday. Besides that, a full week seems like a logical addition as it would encourage even more activity.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everybody! Thank you all for keep sharing your comments, your opinion is very important for us! Let's keep adding your feedback about this feature, this helps our team to have more details on what people wish to have for their challenges.

modeller51
First Steps
They never read these otherwise they would have added new challenges by now

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Pattyjv1
First Steps
You are right!

Sent from my iPhone
TorontoSandra
Jogger
Thank you for finally responding. These ideas have been building for
months so I wonder if they are in R&D at this time? If not are there any
projected dates?
TorontoSandra
Jogger
Wow, this thread is 3 years old and still no change to the number or type
of challenges.
Eucid
Jogger
Almost as if they don't care...
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

No one promised that every suggestion would be implemented .

Feature Suggestion FAQs

aschwartz
First Steps

I have really loved using my fitbit. The challenges have been really motivating to get to moving. However, it would be great to have a 7 day challenge on top of the 5 day, the weekend, and the Daily. Everyone has different schedules and I'm finding that one person constantly wins the weekly and someone else on the weekend. It would be more balanced if the option of 7 days was there. 

writerlyn47
Jogger

I really would love to see some new solo challenges! I have done the current ones multiple times - the one I should finish today I will done now for the 4th time!!! I need some new challenges and I'm sure I am not the only person who feels this way. How about challenges for cities such as Paris, Rome, Washington DC, San Francisco and so on.... 

Thanks for "listening" and I hope to see some new challenges SOON!

Powpow83
First Steps

I’d love to see a 7 day challenge... As would most of my Fitbit friends! Or even the ability to set the number of days up yourself for a challenge. 

Kav2001
Recovery Runner

Would love to have longer goals (months etc)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.