Low power mode for all Fitbit devices

Fitbit please add a low power mode think about it it will save users more battery so you don’t have too charge it more this will be a good feature also please add the ablity to change Fitbit trackers brightness.

thanks and remmber to be cool and be happy.😀

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

40 Comments
Gilik83
Jogger

@SunsetRunner would really be great if you could make such an app since i don't think we have to expect anything from fitbit concerning this. Like @Cam125 said, they are basically just ignoring us.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I like the idea as well. Please keep us posted. 

KB9WNS
Hill Runner

Agreed with a user selectable "airplane mode". 

Some retailers are now tracking Bluetooth transceivers to track customers with Bluetooth and WiFi analyzers in every aisle endcap when they shop.  No need to tell retailers exactly what I am shopping for, how long, the time, etc.

Also would help with battery life when I plan on being away from a charging station for several days such as when northwoods backpack camping.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Excellent suggestion! Please do add this feature!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agree/upvote.

ashdhey
First Steps

I would love to have a low power option, especially one during sleep to conserve as much battery as possible.

ashwolve
Interval Runner

Not sure if they have addressed a low power mode but apparently you can change screen brightness on the Ionic (swipe to settings on device) and the new Charge 3 that is coming out should automatically adjust to lighting conditions - the battery life on the Charge 3 is rumoured to be slightly longer than current models but again I am guessing its all down to what you have active (ie call and text notifications etc) below is a  Quote from their advert

Smarter, Sharper Touchscreen

The large, backlit display automatically adjusts to lighting conditions so you can easily see stats any time of day.

point of reference https://www.fitbit.com/charge3

whether that means dimmer at night is another factor yet to be seen

Whereas the charge 3 looks better on paper than its predecessors  what it is actually like will only be clarified once it becomes available

as for the current models im not sure if this can be implemented as the driver units may not have the correct tech to apply this function

does this help at all?

Regards

Wayne

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi everyone for the support while I am trying to make a watchface or a app to Make your battery last longer than  5 days with my app and due to Fitbits Sdk it will be hard to do but I am also trying to make apps that the Fitbit community always wanted like music streaming and personal assistant support like Alexa and much more and thank for the support ☺️

RunnerDogWalker
First Steps

Battery Life is very important to me.  I would love "low power options" to increase the time between charges.   I spend long periods of time away from my charging cables and hate it when I run out of battery and lose days of tracking or days of data.  When I take my tracker off to charge I often lose a night of tracking/data because I go to sleep while waiting for the battery charge to complete.  I also lose a whole day of data/tracking when I rush off to work the next morning without the tracker because it is still attached to the charging cable back at my house.

Things I would be willing to give up:

1.  I don't need heart rate info when I am sleeping, driving, watching TV or other inactive periods.  Let me turn off the blinking LEDs and heart rate monitoring except when I am actively exercising.   If I start walking or running at an above average pace then switch into "normal power".  If I am in "normal power" mode and my heart rate drops to near normal and my pace drops below a slow walk for five minutes then go into "low power" mode.   I would be glad to give up the fancy "sleep modes" that require heart rate too.   The old mode of "how long did I sleep" (not walk) was good for me with the earliest trackers.

2.  I don't use my phone or computer to track my activity throughout the day.   I would gladly give up these continuous updates if I could turn it on once a day through the tracker, app or computer dongle.  I would also be fine with losing these continuous updates after a successful update.  Perhaps the tracker could go into "no update" mode for a period of hours after a successful update.   Please give me a "no update" option to turn on/off the wifi, bluetooth, and other kinds of antennas to extend the trackers battery life.

3.  If there are any other high power consumption features in the trackers,  give me the option to turn them off too.

I plan to get a Charge 3 as my next tracker but these features are probably needed by a significant portion of your user of all your trackers.

fls29
Recovery Runner

@SunsetRunner I would love to see your app!!

I hope this feature comes to the Versa and other fitbits. It would definitely help with the power issue that the Versa has.

john_2019
Jogger

Upvote!

Great idea!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the new 4.1 firmware update for the Versa family and Ionic smartwatches. This feature will automatically disable notification vibrations and if on, the always-on display on Versa 2 to preserve your battery life when your battery is running low. Make sure to update your watch as described here.

Thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit smartwatches!

Olofeedback
Jogger

Manual on/off power saver mode

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Olofeedback, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.