Lower Premium subscription fee

Please lower Premium fees! I'm having a very hard time finding it being worth an extra $10 per month on top of the high cost of buying the Versa 2, when I am really only interested in being able to download and print the Wellness Report and seeing more details about my sleep. TBH, both of these features should automatically be included for free considering that's what I bought the watch for to begin with.  I just can't afford paying an additional $119.88 per year! I'm using Premium as the free trial right now, and WILL NOT ever pay the monthly premium, and I see many other people feel the same. I truly believe that if you do in fact want to make more money off of us, you would have much better luck charging a more affordable fee like perhaps $2 per month, because you would have more customers who are willing to pay it, as apposed to more customers who pay nothing because of it costing a whole $10 per month.  Maybe considering separating the features into catagories that we can pay for just the features we want to use for a lower price, and $10 for all of them included would be a better solution.. I'm on Dissability because of my health conditions, hence the reason why I feel the need to have the Fitbit and keep a closer eye on my health trends, but I can promise you that I am not bringing in any great amount of money that would allow me to throw ten bucks out the window every month. Please lower or make free Premium fees!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Aprila333. Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about lowering the Premium subscription fee with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Watch this space for status updates!

On top of that, check this other feature request that you might be interested in and add your vote to show your support. Keep adding your suggestions!

Aprila333
Recovery Runner

***ATTENTION FITBIT USERS***

PLEASE VOTE on this SUGGESTION IF YOU AGREE THAT THE PREMIUM FEE SHOULD BE LOWER OR AVAILABLE FOR FREE!

Like they said, they will consider it if it received a lot of votes and gained popularity, so please help us ALL be able to use these features that should be included for free! Thank you so much for your help! I hope you are all successful at meeting your fitness goals! 💪🏼🏃‍:male_sign:🏃🏼‍:female_sign:👩‍🦽🕶👟:watch:️:money_with_wings::dollar_banknote:

mercurio2054
First Steps

Should be included for free, at least saving the information locally in case that is to expensive for them to load all the data in their servers (cloud).

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about lowering the Premium subscription fee. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Let us clarify that the price of the monthly subscription is of $9.99 and the yearly subscription is of $79.99. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit fur FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

wjamesw
First Steps
Fitbit Premium is a steep price and we all don't need all of the features. Either provide the analytics for free (which most other watch companies do already) or provide a different pricing model for just analytics. Most users don't care about the other available premium features. Charge a very small fee for this. A few dollars a month.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @wjamesw, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to pay lower Premium subscription. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

alex-w
Base Runner
The Premium version is too expensive and is preventing many users from even considering it. Offer a reduced Premium version for AUD$40 US20 a year for maximum uptake.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @alex-w, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to pay a lower Premium subscription fee. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

gsr852
First Steps
The premium subscription price should be lower than what it is currently.
JonDavidL
Hill Runner

I understand Fitbit/Google can charge whatever they want for this service, but I agree that it is too expensive for what you get. At $4.99 I'd be a subscriber, but no higher.  I don't need all the fitness videos and meditation stuff. Make a lower tier for people who want more access and a deeper dive into the health and sleep data maybe. But yeah, I've tried premium, and it's not worth what Fitbit is charging.

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @gsr852 , thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to pay a lower Premium subscription fee. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

@gsr852 , thank you for  sharing your feedback regarding this feature. 

Don't forget to leave your Kudos for the idea

tehjessicarae
Jogger
All of the reports in the premium subscription specific to sleep data, stress data, etc should be offered at a lower subscription price. My suggestion is to have a lower tier of premium membership that provides just these services for people who do not need or want the videos and coaching aspects of the premium service.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @tehjessicarae, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to pay a lower Premium subscription fee to receive just the data that you want. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Sparklemum
First Steps
Ok so obviously premium is a thing so why not .ake it better for everyone? Drop the price to the $3.99USD range per month (like Amazon Halo) - behind the paywall you need to include challenges and badges etc...also put your 3rd party apps here too. Then we all win.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Sparklemum, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about dropping the Premium subscription price with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.